First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As we all know, auto production is down so the demand for used cars is way, way up. So, like many, I am going to take this opportunity to unload a vehicle or two (looking at you Ford Flex).

Anyway, I have gotten quotes from Carvana and CarMax. However, trying to get additional info out of Carvana is near impossible. Their customer service lines says the wait time is several hours, to call back later and the dial tone. The chat/text line took 21.5 hours to get a response once I got past the robot.

So, those who have sold to Carvana in the past, how does it work upon vehicle pick-up and what was your experience? I am anticipating them inspecting/verifying the vehicle upon pick-up, is that the case and if so how long did it take? Did the offer stand once they got there or did they try to beat you down on price? Anything else I need to know. Any advice and insight is appreciated.
I used AlGo and it could not have been easier.

Input my info online, got a call to do a virtual inspection, negotiated price over a 24 hour span. Agreed and signed some papers online. They sent a tow truck with a check. They paid off my loan within a week.

Could not believe how easy it was. Sold my M4 for 5k more than any dealer was offering me so I sold it now vs waiting for the Bronco.

https://autolendersgo.com/?gclid=Cj...Q7u5KYI0xSyrsfKE8j4g6_YIBQ0m6ExhoCj5AQAvD_BwE
Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I sold my mustang to Carvana last August and it was simple.

We are currently trying to sell my wife’s car to Vroom(4k higher than carvana). She completed the digital signatures a few days ago, but we have not received the fedex package. Hopefully the pickup and transaction occurs soon, so I can stop worrying about them having her vehicle a couple days prior to receiving payment.

gofastguy

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Carvana seems to be impossible to speak to a person. If you can get past that, it sure is easy. Took about 10 min to upload pics of the odometer, title, and my drivers license and schedule the pickup at my house. The person was here less than 15 min and didn't look over it closely at all. Vroom offer was 1K better but I couldn't get past the taking my Jeep to Texas to evaluate it before they send a check. My Ford dealer couldn't get close to their offer nor could the local Jeep dealer that lives across the street.

I guess others did even better than I, but I was thankful I could drive a well equipped Rubicon for $46 a month!!

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Carvana is THE best company to sell your cars. Vroom is not good. Carmax sucks too.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What are these companies doing with these cars and trucks, just turning around and reselling them?
Yes. And making 3-5k on every one of them.

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I looked at Carvana to see what they would offer me for my '13 STI. Despite KBB being in the 18-22k range depending on condition, they offered me 12.4 lol! Yea I don't think so, private party value is typically at least 5k more. I do realize this car isn't exactly in the high demand category, like trucks and what not, right now. Still worth a bit more than 12.4k. :rolleyes:

Mind you, I actually worked at Carvana (as a consultant) for about a year, on their logistics platform. Which included all the stuff for valuations and credit checks, so I kinda know how it all works. But when they've got other 13 STIs listed on their site for 22k and offer me 12, they are still going to get the big: 🖕
22k for a 8 year old STI is ridiculous even in Minnesota. Subaru prices in general are ridiculous. I listed a 2009 Forester XT for sale July 2020, had 30+ inquiries in 2 days. Unreal. I listed it Friday, bought a car Monday, took delivery of said car Thursday, and sold the Forester the following day. A week after I posted it.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you can likely get a higher private offer. If you have something not to mainstream, it just becomes taxing in my opinion. I did Carmax, and frankly, it was so easy, that I can't imagine private selling ever again.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Take a look at Carzeus also. They offered me 12k more then Carvana did, NO Joke!! I have the emails to prove it.
With Carvana and these other companies paying such high prices for vehicles, they must have to unload at even higher prices to make a profit. In that case, who are these people (chumps?) paying the jacked up prices?

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Try KBB as well.
We got almost $5000 more from them than Carvana on the car we just sold.
and for what we got, it would not have been worth it to sell privately.
Once we got the KBB offer, one of the local dealerships contacted us, we drove to them, they inspected the vehicle, we filled out the paper work and were on our way.
They gave us exactly what the offer was.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Want top dollar?…..go to Bring A Trailer.
……….if you’re one of those guys!
BwaHaHaHaHaHaaaa

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Carvana, Vroom, Carmax, ect are all low time no hassle sales.
I get why they're nice, I'd use it too if they offered a half way reasonable price. But they offered $500 on an $8k bluebook value. Heck I'd let it go at $5k to move it quick, but no. They could at least offered me a gift card for dinner before the @#$! Me.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They look at it, check the miles and VIN, and then hand you a check. Literally took 10 minutes.

I could have left a body in the trunk and they wouldn't have seen it. Like they didn't even walk around our van when I sold it.

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With Carvana and these other companies paying such high prices for vehicles, they must have to unload at even higher prices to make a profit. In that case, who are these people (chumps?) paying the jacked up prices?
For the Diesel trucks it's businesses and people who need trucks to haul heavy loads.
Sponsored