Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang Convertible, 2012 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking through the Ford Accessory Guide and it states Ford Warn Winch not available/compatible with front camera and adaptive cruise control? Does that mean putting a winch/brush guard on a Bronco with Lux Package is a no go? I was looking at getting Lux on Badlands, but a winch is a must.
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was looking through the Ford Accessory Guide and it states Ford Warn Winch not available/compatible with front camera and adaptive cruise control? Does that mean putting a winch/brush guard on a Bronco with Lux Package is a no go? I was looking at getting Lux on Badlands, but a winch is a must.
From what I have read and saw earlier today, the Warn winch and the newest Ford mounting system will be available in the 3rd quarter of 2021. It should work on all models. I saw that it said not for the High package, but my guess it will work, there may be more interference with the camera on the High Package...just a assumption at this point. I like the mount and will be adding the Warn/Ford mount to my BD. I believe the newer winch version will have the synthetic cable too.

MudHorse

Badlands
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang Convertible, 2012 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really hope for nearly $3,000 it will be worked out to work with all models. Definitely want to add the winch on my two Badlands.
Your two badlands? Wow, his and hers or just couldn't decide on a color. LOL

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
there are other winch options besides the one that is in the Ford catalogue. If you don't want the camera to be obstructed then get a winch that doesn't have integrated solenoids.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there are other winch options besides the one that is in the Ford catalogue. If you don't want the camera to be obstructed then get a winch that doesn't have integrated solenoids.
We won't know until Broncos hit the streets, but for now there's only one way to mount a winch, and it doesn't look like Ford is offering just the mount without the winch. At least not at first. In any case, the Warn supplied by Ford has a relocatable control pack.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% correct....this issue can be resolved with effort and $.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

100% correct....this issue can be resolved with effort and $.
Relocation of the solenoid will only give you a small percentage of additional visibility, see the red line for the area that will be unblocked.

Ford Bronco Catalogue says Ford (Warn) winch is not compatible with High/Lux packages 1622028803127

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get the skepticism. There will be a solution that will likely be solved with an aftermarket bumper should Ford fail to address the issue completely. American ingenuity, time and money will reveal the answer. We need to put our hands on our Broncs and sacrifice some greenbacks as usual!

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thereā€™s some credence to wonder what they mean by it being incompatible with the ACC.

All the winch mounting brackets weā€™ve seen thus far have been elevated out and above the ACC radar unitā€¦ and the ACC sensor has been the whole argument for why there isnā€™t a more clean winch installation low and inside. (Well, that and the intercooler)

This is the first indication that the winch interferes with the ACC functionality.
Maybe some magnetic interference from the sheer mass of the winch on however the front "radar" works. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is another example where Ford retired or laid off their experienced engineers.

Why, because, you know they are expensive, they think the can hire two new grads to fill their shoes and get twice the work.

So what do we get, things like the winch and trail cam that do not work. So you argue, no seasoned design manager would let this get through a design review. Well, that new grad with a masters degree got hired as the design manager. So now we have things designed by no experience Jr and reviewed by no experience Sr. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
While I don't know how much of this is related to hiring practices and staff used, this is a fairly glaring design oversight. With all of the testing they've done, they didn't think to do some testing with a winch - and make sure the other vehicle features still work? Wow.

I sincerely hope Ford actually fixes this and doesn't just leave it to the aftermarket - or come up with a half-solution where you have to sacrifice features. Relocating the physical components of the camera and ACC is one thing, but recalibrating the software to work properly is a different story. We're talking about systems that control the speed of your vehicle in traffic and show you how close you are to objects in front of you. While you can certainly still drive without these features, if they are on-board they need to work properly.

Not like a winch is an unusual piece of equipment...

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thereā€™s some credence to wonder what they mean by it being incompatible with the ACC.

All the winch mounting brackets weā€™ve seen thus far have been elevated out and above the ACC radar unitā€¦ and the ACC sensor has been the whole argument for why there isnā€™t a more clean winch installation low and inside. (Well, that and the intercooler)

This is the first indication that the winch interferes with the ACC functionality.
Is it the ACC that's the issue or the parking sensors? It looks like two of those are covered by the winch and mount.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So...Mid package is G2G?

Another reason I am glad I stopped at mid.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys arenā€™t gonna believe this..

The front page of the Bronco accessories catalog shows a Bronco with a winch/bumper combo that still has ACC intact.
Sponsored