Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m running one on my 2.7. My x3 had one on it. I noticed when I ran ethanol free in my x3 the catch can stayed dry. Gas with ethanol would produce in the can. I have access to both per our boat house. I’ll switch them out over the summer and see if I notice any difference between the 2.
Sponsored

Tremor Buff

Badlands
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F-250 Tremor 7.3 Gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is not on a Bronco, but it is on my F-250 7.3 gas truck. This is prove that the UPR catch does it’s job. I highly recommend!

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have pictures of the Mishimoto and UPR Catch Cans installed on a Bronco with the 2.7 engine?

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm pretty torn on this topic as I am ignorant and the opinions seem so polar. But it seems that in winter it seems to fill with mostly water vapor and freezing is an issue so why would I want to deal with that. Will my next purchase need to be a oil catch can heater? j/k. I am leaning towards trusting the engineers at Ford and well, if need be, I'll walnut blast my engine some day if I'm still in love.

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From my understanding an oil separator returns the oil to the crankcase but a catch can captures the oil and stores it in a can without recycling the oil to be disposed off.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any more updates on these? I have about 300 miles on mine and will be installing this week.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My official answer for mine is “not needed”. It smells like oil but nothing in it. Looks cool. But I figure location, fuel, driving style, length of drive do play a role in it.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My official answer for mine is “not needed”. It smells like oil but nothing in it. Looks cool. But I figure location, fuel, driving style, length of drive do play a role in it.
That doesn’t surprise me for the 2.7, but I think the 2.3 will produce crud.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That doesn’t surprise me for the 2.7, but I think the 2.3 will produce crud.
You maybe correct. I’ve seen some nasty pictures of what comes out of these on 2.3’s. No personal experience with that motor.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had one on my old 7.3 diesel but I will just keep this vehicle the way ford designed it,right or wrong. I have ford esp coverage that will last me 7 years. I wont have it longer then that. After reading many pages on this forum about it I havent been swayed hard to add one. I will justdrive it and not worry about it. If it breaks it breaks and will be covered under warranty during my ownership. 20 years ago I wouldve put one in just because I like tinkering. Im past that point in my life now. Lol.
If you put one in good for you. I just havent seen a strong argument for it.

happy early independence day!

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is what my upr catch can captured in 600 miles on my 2.3 well worth the 250 bucks in my opinion. Also it's a quality product with factory style connectors no cutting and splicing. Almost 4 ounces.
20220402_124215.jpg
Would you mind sharing pics of your UPR installed please? I'm considering this one as the Mishimoto one installs on the back side and I'm too short to reach it. :ROFLMAO:

What year is your Bronco? I understand the UPR for the 2021 installs differently than the 2021-1/2 - 2022.

Thanks.

Edit: disregard the "year" statement. I was thinking of the J&L OSC catch can.

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you mind sharing pics of your UPR installed please? I'm considering this one as the Mishimoto one installs on the back side and I'm too short to reach it. :ROFLMAO:

What year is your Bronco? I understand the UPR for the 2021 installs differently than the 2021-1/2 - 2022.

Thanks.

Edit: disregard the "year" statement. I was thinking of the J&L OSC catch can.
It is a bit of a pain to connect the hoses to the engine side of things but not upr's fault. Removal of tire and inner fender is a must. Hope this helps ya out.
20220220_163038.jpg
20220220_163021.jpg

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is a bit of a pain to connect the hoses to the engine side of things but not upr's fault. Removal of tire and inner fender is a must. Hope this helps ya out.
Ford Bronco Catch can needed? 20220220_163021
Ford Bronco Catch can needed? 20220220_163021
Thanks, I appreciate the pics and notes.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn’t need it. Catch cans don’t do anything when the engine is under boost. There are two crankcase ventilation systems. One for low pressure that feeds vapors back into the intake stream and the other that works under boost and is in the top end of the engine that you don’t have access to that does the same thing but has a more complicated vapor path due to the pressures involved. Catch cans hook into the low pressure system only and catch and condense primarily oil vapors and water vapors that would normally just flow into the cylinders, especially when they are hooked into the vent system after the air-oil separator that’s already there. And only when the turbo is not spooled up which means at the lowest crankcase pressures When blow-by is lowest.
It’s a ‘feel good’ add on that is of no real benefit.
Guess you do not understand a direct injection engine. There is 0 gasoline flowing in the intake or on the back of the valves. There are plenty of videos of DI cars with charcoal in the top of the intake valves and on the head. 1st instance for me was when bmw went DI on their turbo 6s, guy's car started running horrible, took off valve cover it looked like a grill at a campground. It has nothing to do with blow by it is a function of the PCV system and CCV system pushing oily air into the intake with 0 gas to clean out the residue.
Sponsored