First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I plan on running both GMRS (Midland MXT275) and CB (Midland 75-822) that can one, or both tuck out of the way in the center console when not in use. I know CB is dying, but still too many of them out there not to have one.
I've got a similar plan. My HAM will be mounted in the vehicle with a dedicated antenna and will be my primary comms method. I'll have a second antenna cable run that I can switch antenna/handheld radio back and forth between GMRS/CB as needed based on the group I'm running with.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What’s the purpose or appeal of a CB radio besides finding out where the lot lizards are?
It has been and still is, unfortunately, the default communications for many off-road enthusiasts. I know a few who have put a lot of time and money into peaking and tuning their ancient analog CBs and refuse to see the FM light, so to speak.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has been and still is, unfortunately, the default communications for many off-road enthusiasts. I know a few who have put a lot of time and money into peaking and tuning their ancient analog CBs and refuse to see the FM light, so to speak.
Also, gotta have the CB when the Loggers are working too. Don't want to get caught in the wrong spot with 100,000 lbs. of wood coming down the road and be in the wrong switchback. Size always wins.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was 2 seconds away from pulling the trigger on a Midland MXT400 Micromobile but saw in a comment that Midland is coming out with a 50 watt Micromobile with NOAA channels so I didn't buy. Now I'm watching a snail race! What will be available first? Bronco (Badlands, auto, 2.7, Lux, Sas) or Midland 50 watt?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was 2 seconds away from pulling the trigger on a Midland MXT400 Micromobile but saw in a comment that Midland is coming out with a 50 watt Micromobile with NOAA channels so I didn't buy. Now I'm watching a snail race! What will be available first? Bronco (Badlands, auto, 2.7, Lux, Sas) or Midland 50 watt?
I'm waiting on that as well

Sponsored

Michael Haun

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands CO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apples said:
It has been and still is, unfortunately, the default communications for many off-road enthusiasts. I know a few who have put a lot of time and money into peaking and tuning their ancient analog CBs and refuse to see the FM light, so to speak

Also, gotta have the CB when the Loggers are working too. Don't want to get caught in the wrong spot with 100,000 lbs. of wood coming down the road and be in the wrong switchback. Size always wins.
Welp....

FCC Finalizes Changes to Part 95 Rules - Radio World

Now there is AM/FM/USB/LSB Cb's Cobra and President are making them so far... They were the ones lobbying to get FM. Now i can get the old CB channels and have FM capability too this might be the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apples said:
It has been and still is, unfortunately, the default communications for many off-road enthusiasts. I know a few who have put a lot of time and money into peaking and tuning their ancient analog CBs and refuse to see the FM light, so to speak

Welp....

Now there is AM/FM/USB/LSB Cb's Cobra and President are making them so far... They were the ones lobbying to get FM. Now i can get the old CB channels and have FM capability too this might be the best of both worlds.
Nice! Didn't know this was in the works.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welp....

Great news! If Cobra could make something with the form factor of the 75 WX ST that also allows GMRS that would be huge

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where are people planning on mounting the radio unit in the dash?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s why I will have one. I’m on roads a couple times a year that require radio use during active logging. One track mountain roads are a bad place to be surprised.