Changing from BD to BL

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was all in on badlands initially.
Then back and forth with badlands and black diamond.
After B&P I’m sold on black diamond “fully loaded”. Which means mid pkg, V6, and Sasquatch.
$3k less than similar badlands. Don’t get the sway bar disconnect or the signature lights. Other wise it’s the same.
Plus I like the black diamond interior, grille, and regular lights better. Personal choice of course but more my taste.
I am thinking the same as you. However, I really do want the High Pac. and 33” tires that come with the BL. Back and forth we go.. What color are you going with? I’m thinking V.Blue which would be perfect with the BD.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been on BD only a few days once I found the vinyl! Now discovered it's on BL, too. Where I can get bfg ho2's 33's!with signature lights.... But I'm a good 3-4 difference... I'll never use sway bar disconnect and likely not front locker unless I do something super stupid. And there's this weird thing about the 2.7 and sound deadening?! But it'll likely be my very last truck.....

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am thinking the same as you. However, I really do want the High Pac. and 33” tires that come with the BL. Back and forth we go.. What color are you going with? I’m thinking V.Blue which would be perfect with the BD.
I’m going Area 51
Which I think will be fine with the blue accents.

Velocity blue is a great color. Just a little too bright of a color for me. I like more of the muted colors.
I know there has been a lot of talk about the color choices.
I like what they have, but they do need a green and a brown/tan option. This being an outdoor off road vehicle.

azumwalt

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m going Area 51
Which I think will be fine with the blue accents.

Velocity blue is a great color. Just a little too bright of a color for me. I like more of the muted colors.
I know there has been a lot of talk about the color choices.
I like what they have, but they do need a green and a brown/tan option. This being an outdoor off road vehicle.
I was leaning Area 51 but I don't think it goes with the blue accents so might go with White which goes with everything

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I really wanted BD. Love the grill and I like the blue accents better than the orange. But I only want a manual and it seems that right now they are not offering the manual BD with the mid package. Really wanted the heated seats and dual zone AC/Heat, and Ford Co-pilot 360. Higher gear ratio would be a nice to have too. So I'm now leaning towards getting the BL and then I'm able to pick the options I really want and still keep the manual transmission. The only things I don't like are the grill and orange accents. If I can replace some of the accents with black/grey that would be ideal. I'm wondering if they are easily removable and just paint them or trade someone for either the BB or BD accents. Same for the grill. Either try to trade for the BD or BB grill or just get it painted black.
Yeah, I just figured this out a year after you, and nothing changed for MY22. I actually don't want the co-pilot but other creature comforts in the mid-package I do want.

Auto trans is a no-go for me. So my options are BD with manual and no mid package or pay an extra $6K for the BL with manual and mid package and a bunch of other stuff I don't want.

It isn't the $$$, it is having to pay for stuff I really don't want. I would rather be able to pay the fully $3K for BD with Mid and tell them not to install the auto trans. I would rather throw away that $1.5K than pay $6K for stuff I just don't want at all.

Probably going to do the BD and hope there are some folks who can help to add on as much of the Mid package as possible after-the-fact.
Sponsored