Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97Wrangler(sold21)/02Avalanche/08Mustang/17Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey! While we don't know what our allocation will be for 23MY yet or what the commodity constraints will be, we have heard from ford that the order bank will only be opening in september for current unscheduled orders. They will not be accepting new retail orders until later in the year. We have stopped keeping a list based on reservation/timestamp due to ford not following it...they're prioritizing buildable specs
I think we all understand by now that commodity constraints are restricting builds and the revised allocation screwed most of us. Ford has also said that it is not taking new orders in the near term to try to work off the older reservations. I would still find it useful to understand where I am with respect to other orders at Chapman. How many outstanding orders are left? How many have been filled? How many July, Aug, Sep, etc?

There were 100 people ahead of me before 2022. I would like to know if there are now 10, 50, or still 100. My reservation is late July 2020 and I haven't heard anything.

Gfsteam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m going to wait and see what happens when the opportunity comes to reorder for now. The lack of information concerning orders filled and outstanding is disappointing to say the least. I don’t care about why it stopped because it should not have.

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think we all understand by now that commodity constraints are restricting builds and the revised allocation screwed most of us. Ford has also said that it is not taking new orders in the near term to try to work off the older reservations. I would still find it useful to understand where I am with respect to other orders at Chapman. How many outstanding orders are left? How many have been filled? How many July, Aug, Sep, etc?

There were 100 people ahead of me before 2022. I would like to know if there are now 10, 50, or still 100. My reservation is late July 2020 and I haven't heard anything.
I'll venture a guess that you would find out there were orders placed later than yours with the same specs and were built. Without us knowing exactly what constraints applied when, it's all up in the air of what Ford had available at a given build schedule time. IMO, the effort isn't worth it for Champan or any dealership that had "a list."

McBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll venture a guess that you would find out there were orders placed later than yours with the same specs and were built. Without us knowing exactly what constraints applied when, it's all up in the air of what Ford had available at a given build schedule time. IMO, the effort isn't worth it for Champan or any dealership that had "a list."
I'm not looking to blame Chapman for what builds Ford chooses. Although, I'm sure that some people would. But there was transparency from Chapman which is why they stood out. That transparency seems to be gone.

I would just like to see what progress has been made and if I'm getting close, if I'm a year out, or if I should just give up. I'd also like to know if I'm close to having to shell out $60k or if I have another year.

Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not looking to blame Chapman for what builds Ford chooses. Although, I'm sure that some people would. But there was transparency from Chapman which is why they stood out. That transparency seems to be gone.

I would just like to see what progress has been made and if I'm getting close, if I'm a year out, or if I should just give up. I'd also like to know if I'm close to having to shell out $60k or if I have another year.
having a list wouldn't answer any of these questions, you could be the next one on the list but still be waiting for months and having orders behind you being fulfilled sooner than yours. I don't think the timestamp list makes sense based on how ford is building broncos.

i do share your curiosity though of wanting to know how many orders have been fulfilled who ordered with chapman, and compare it to the few hundred unfulfilled orders that chapman had at the beginning of the year. did ford build 20%, 50%, etc of chapmans orders? i think that's as helpful as it could get @Ashlie@chapman

McBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

having a list wouldn't answer any of these questions, you could be the next one on the list but still be waiting for months and having orders behind you being fulfilled sooner than yours. I don't think the timestamp list makes sense based on how ford is building broncos.

i do share your curiosity though of wanting to know how many orders have been fulfilled who ordered with chapman, and compare it to the few hundred unfulfilled orders that chapman had at the beginning of the year. did ford build 20%, 50%, etc of chapmans orders? i think that's as helpful as it could get @Ashlie@chapman
I know that I won't be able to pinpoint a date, but I could probably get an idea of which season mine might get built. I also know that it is just a guess. But it is better than knowing nothing.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know that I won't be able to pinpoint a date, but I could probably get an idea of which season mine might get built. I also know that it is just a guess. But it is better than knowing nothing.
i definitely would like this info too. helps the waiting, even if its false hope haha

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And I bet this is exactly why Tom wish's he never made the list!
Nobody is blaming Tom, or anybody who works for him, for what Ford HQ has done. But as customers who have our own lives, finances, jobs, transportation issues, etc;having an inkling of when or how we MAY expect a new vehicle, is very helpful.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tom probably thought, like most of us, that Ford would at least adhere somewhat to the reservation schedule. Granted, I don’t think any of us were naive enough to think they wouldn’t throw in some builds for dealerships… maybe just not build one for an order made a year or more after we reserved one, before we got ours.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also don't blame Chapman in the least here. My whole experience with the F-150 I bought from them was great, as well. However, it would most definitely not hurt to take note the dealer representative(s) / Customer interactions in the Stevens or Granger threads and then use them as a guide.

Gfsteam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nobody is blaming Tom, or anybody who works for him, for what Ford HQ has done. But as customers who have our own lives, finances, jobs, transportation issues, etc;having an inkling of when or how we MAY expect a new vehicle, is very helpful.
Those of you that have received your Bronco’s congratulations!! I’m happy for you. I get why you don’t care about a list any longer. However, I agree with all that seek this information that was free flowing and was abruptly stopped with no explanation from @Chapman. Conjecture does not work real information from the source does. I’m not blaming anyone for not receiving my order and I have not seen anyone do so here. It’s in @Ford messy hands and I just want to make my own decision with the best available information including the list that was.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

The last time I talked to Steve about outstanding orders was in April. At that time they still had 350+ unscheduled reservation orders. I'm sure it's gone down some since then. But at that time he said they only had 44 orders scheduled in the prior 3 months.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a part of this group but am part of another group so I will offer up my thoughts on "the list". It is both a blessing and a curse. Our list is fairly detailed with participant's timestamps, build specs, and has 66% participation rate so it contains lots of info. It is both interesting and frustrating to see who gets scheduled and when but we have not seen exact builds get skipped over so timestamps are still a factor but constraints matter the most.

That said, any list published today is useless. The list you want is the one post COVP when the orders have been verified and the 99's are off the fence. That will be the most accurate and should give a better idea of where one stands but without the constraints and allocations pieces of the puzzle, you really can't pinpoint what month or quarter you can expect to be pulled.
Sponsored