First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im not sure it’s ethical to ask for Dora invoice and price protection as well; that seems unfair to Chapman.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the price protection essentially is Ford compensating the customer for the increase in price from the original start of the model year (what would show on MY23 Dora) to what appears on window sticker when the vehicle was finally scheduled and built.

So in my opinion, one should either choose to ask the dealer to base pricing on the Dora, apply invoice discounts, then only the private offer (which was a inconvenience reimbursement from Ford) plus applicable destination and doc fees, OR they should use scheduled window sticker values, apply invoice discounts and then the both PP and Private offers, along with any applicable destination and doc fees.

Is there someone saying there are buyers out there that insisted on both PP and Private offer being applied to pricing based on the numbers from the original MY23 Dora?
Not me. The $1650 difference in my last Dora and my new sticker is PP. I only want that once. Less private offers for model year and dropping sins.
Sponsored

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im not sure it’s ethical to ask for Dora invoice and price protection as well; that seems unfair to Chapman.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the price protection essentially is Ford compensating the customer for the increase in price from the original start of the model year (what would show on MY23 Dora) to what appears on window sticker when the vehicle was finally scheduled and built.

So in my opinion, one should either choose to ask the dealer to base pricing on the Dora, apply invoice discounts, then only the private offer (which was a inconvenience reimbursement from Ford) plus applicable destination and doc fees, OR they should use scheduled window sticker values, apply invoice discounts and then the both PP and Private offers, along with any applicable destination and doc fees.

Is there someone saying there are buyers out there that insisted on both PP and Private offer being applied to pricing based on the numbers from the original MY23 Dora?
Yes. Read Granger thread . They are getting 13k off 50k cars. Everyone there gets invoice minus dealer discount minis certificate minus PP. Read that thread plz. Heck Granger even sends them extra checks if the PP is not showing at the time of purchase

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you. I should've followed all the BS Ford did but I didn't bother. I was not expecting this car to ever come and I was extremely surprised when Ford sent the shipping email. Since the 21 Ford order I got 5 cars none Ford and didn't care much about this tbh.
I also didn't expect them to play the game they played with you as well and I was not prepared.
My fault for not keeping tabs on my order.
When you say final invoice you mean the DORA they sent you when the orders had to be changed sometimes in Sept of 22 unless you dropped stuff in Jan 23 . Correct ?

Damn, reading Granger thread makes me even more mad. With them everyon is just told upfront of all the discounts/ price protection and certificates. No games, no gimmicks , no bs.
We both experienced the same play. They tried to do us dirty and one of us was not prepared. Hopefully others read this and learn how to approach it and what to ask for .
Courtney shared a document that she called the “Final Invoice” that had both MSRP and invoice pricing for each equipment item/option. The last DORA I signed had different numbers since it was before the price increases in Feb & Mar. Had they used that number I would not have expected them to give me the retail price protection, but still expect the private offer to be applied.

In my mind that Granger treatment was what I had expected as well, but after reading comments in this thread, I realized that was not going to be the case.

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco 2dr BL & ‘22 Ranger SCrew Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. Read Granger thread . They are getting 13k off 50k cars. Everyone there gets invoice minus dealer discount minis certificate minus PP. Read that thread plz. Heck Granger even sends them extra checks if the PP is not showing at the time of purchase
Sticker invoice or MY23 Dora invoice?

That is the critical thing to this train of thought.
The first would make perfectly fine sense. The second seems to be unethical. (In my opinion)

As for ‘extra’ checks, that sounds very suspect; I think there may have been a miscommunication somewhere along the line. Dealers either validate the offers/PP and apply the amounts at the point of delivery, OR they cannot validate and sell the vehicle without applied discounts and then reimburse the amounts to the customer post sale once Ford corporate reimburses the dealer during later dealership billing cycles.

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sticker invoice or MY23 Dora invoice?

That is the critical thing to this train of thought.
The first would make perfectly fine sense. The second seems to be unethical. (In my opinion)

As for ‘extra’ checks, that sounds very suspect; I think there may have been a miscommunication somewhere along the line. Dealers either validate the offers/PP and apply the amounts at the point of delivery, OR they cannot validate and sell the vehicle without applied discounts and then reimburse the amounts to the customer post sale once Ford corporate reimburses the dealer during later dealership billing cycles.
Why don't you ask them. They get ALL the discounts off DORA invoice . They are getting Base for 26k..OBX for 37k

Heck I'm paying more on my Base with 45 msrp sticker than what they pay on obx with 50k sticker

Sponsored

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Courtney shared a document that she called the “Final Invoice” that had both MSRP and invoice pricing for each equipment item/option. The last DORA I signed had different numbers since it was before the price increases in Feb & Mar. Had they used that number I would not have expected them to give me the retail price protection, but still expect the private offer to be applied.

In my mind that Granger treatment was what I had expected as well, but after reading comments in this thread, I realized that was not going to be the case.
So to confirm, they used window sticker (scheduled pricing) for the basis of invoice, applied the dealer discount (3 or 4 percent), then applied both PP and offer cert, then applicable MY23 destination and current Doc fees?

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So to confirm, they used window sticker (scheduled pricing) for the basis of invoice, applied the dealer discount (3 or 4 percent), then applied both PP and offer cert, then applicable MY23 destination and current Doc fees?
In theory, yes. The reality was the number was still high by about $300, but since I had a trade involved and they came up by $2K, I told them I was good with it. Still some silly little reindeer games involved.

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's confusing..isn't?
They didn't even break down my pricing and when I called John , instead of greeting me he started with " Are you happy now" . How can a customer know of all the discounts Ford offers on orders if the sales guy is deceiving by using random numbers just to use a marginal discount on subsequent offers to make it look you are getting everything you should. And if Granger offers them off negotiated DORA it means they should too. At the end of the day PP and certificates are offered by Ford and don't belong to the dealer .

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In theory, yes. The reality was the number was still high by about $300, but since I had a trade involved and they came up by $2K, I told them I was good with it. Still some silly little reindeer games involved.
I know destination increased by $200 alone between the MY23 Dora and the scheduled window sticker pricing. That’s probably a big chunk of the difference you found. I wouldn’t be surprised if doc fees increased a bit as well, and I think I saw some people say they were getting charged for a full tank of gas.

Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know destination increased by $200 alone between the MY23 Dora and the scheduled window sticker pricing. That’s probably a big chunk of the difference you found. I wouldn’t be surprised if doc fees increased a bit as well, and I think I saw some people say they were getting charged for a full tank of gas.
No man the difference is way bigger. Granger applies the discount on negotiated DORA not on the invoice the car comes with. Please read Granger thread and try to explain why they get such high discounts when we don't. Why 2 tiers customer service ?
Why do you try to protect chapman when is obvious we are missing out not on hundreds but thousands on already negotiated deals

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's confusing..isn't?
They didn't even break down my pricing and when I called John , instead of greeting me he started with " Are you happy now" . How can a customer know of all the discounts Ford offers on orders if the sales guy is deceiving by using random numbers just to use a marginal discount on subsequent offers to make it look you are getting everything you should. And if Granger offers them off negotiated DORA it means they should too. At the end of the day PP and certificates are offered by Ford and don't belong to the dealer .
Look, I get you had a very negative experience with your sales contact. I’m sorry it went that way for you. You should complain higher up to Ashlie or Tom; maybe it will go somewhere if they find out John is potentially costing them sales or is damaging their brand.

But I still don’t agree that it’s fair to expect the dealer to use OLD pricing (effectively what the MY23 Dora numbers are) and apply all the discounts that are meant to be applied to CURRENT pricing (window sticker) at the time of sale.

If that’s what truly happened with Granger folks, then that’s great for them. I hope they realize how much of a financial hit Granger is probably taking on those deals. (X1000+ vehicles, they’ve likely given up over a million dollars to their bottomline)

It may seem odd, but Chapman has been very fair to me thus far in my dealings with them, so I would want to reciprocate in kind. They already sold me a vehicle (Ranger) at four percent below invoice (based on window sticker pricing) over a year ago and that transaction went incredibly smooth. I can only hope the Bronco one goes the same, even with the additional complexities of PP and Private offer cert.

Each year I signed a Dora, I acknowledged that the final pricing would eventually change once the vehicle was finally scheduled. Discounts would then apply to those values at point of sale. I would wager a guess that specific verbiage was repeated to all order holders at Chapman, so while it may be disappointing we aren’t being given an amazing gift at the cost of the dealers financials, as long as we get the fair deal we agreed upon, it really shouldn’t be a giant surprise.

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No man the difference is way bigger. Granger applies the discount on negotiated DORA not on the invoice the car comes with. Please read Granger thread and try to explain why they get such high discounts when we don't. Why 2 tiers customer service ?
Why do you try to protect chapman when is obvious we are missing out not on hundreds but thousands on already negotiated deals
You should read more carefully; I was specifically discussing with RotorOver his $300 difference computed. Not any other gross differences between Dora based calculated pricing and Sticker based calculated pricing.

If you’re incredibly bitter about missing out on Granger pricing and feel Chapman has slighted you, then I’d suggest you just walk away from your Base order. Based on your own words, you were barely paying attention to the order build or pricing arrangements, and with multiple vehicles purchased already you probably won’t even miss having the Bronco.

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The increase in D&D is actually incorporated in the Feb price increase protection, so its not that. I believe the doc fees had already been increased and captured in the ordering email, but in any case I’m still satisfied with the deal. Saved me from having to shop around my trade vehicle and I get about a $1,300 in Georgia tax break for trading it, so I’d need to collect at least that much more on a sale to be equivalent.
Sponsored