First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ashlie confirmed that my VIN is part of the seat belt recall, and even though my “built” date was 6/28, they will not be able to sell it to me when it arrives. If Ford had shipped it when they actually built it in April, it would be in my possession now. Instead, bc of the complete and utter shit show this has been, I’m going to sail past my 3 year anniversary and probably wait another 6 months, while my Bronco sits on their lot collecting rust. I really don’t even have words at this point.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's another twist on our deals from Chapman!
My friend picked up her BaseSquatch on 4/2. Last week she gets a letter from Pa Dept of Revenue saying she owes additional sales tax since her Bronco has a 'market value' of $56k vs the $42k she paid. It should be an easy resolution, it shouldn't be an issue with a brand new vehicle. But what a pita!

Have any other Pa buyers gotten a letter from the tax man?
Did you friend ever get this resolved? Never heard of it ever happening before on a new sale.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ashlie confirmed that my VIN is part of the seat belt recall, and even though my “built” date was 6/28, they will not be able to sell it to me when it arrives. If Ford had shipped it when they actually built it in April, it would be in my possession now. Instead, bc of the complete and utter shit show this has been, I’m going to sail past my 3 year anniversary and probably wait another 6 months, while my Bronco sits on their lot collecting rust. I really don’t even have words at this point.
That's brutal. The seat belt issue was reported in May? The NHSTA must have come down hard on Ford, putting a hold on sales. I bet Ford is fighting it, hope they either find a solution or reach a compromise to allow built trucks to be delivered.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you friend ever get this resolved? Never heard of it ever happening before on a new sale.
She had to file an appeal. I can't see it being a problem, it was a simple purchase for a new vehicle, never should have been questioned.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We got our twins back together, finally! Mine was built 3/20, hers 3/24. She picked hers up 5/4, mine 6/28.
Same builds except for my roof rails (I took them off so it would fit in the garage) and she got a block heater. Ford mis-built them, guess that makes them fraternal twins.... hers came with wash-out floors, mine came with a dark-tinted tailgate window!
I would've had Anti-matter Blue, had Ford not taken that choice away....

I went with blue grille letters and Havoc sliders. She has white letters/Barricade sliders.

Ford Bronco Chapman Of Horsham with @dealerinsider 1688946375709

Ford Bronco Chapman Of Horsham with @dealerinsider 1688946507234

Sponsored

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just installed the Infinity reference speakers, dash and roll bar. What a difference. Easy less than 45 minute job. Get the harnesses, crimp the connectors on and pop em in.

dano158

Badlands
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's brutal. The seat belt issue was reported in May? The NHSTA must have come down hard on Ford, putting a hold on sales. I bet Ford is fighting it, hope they either find a solution or reach a compromise to allow built trucks to be delivered.
Same story here...

My order delivered June 30th to Chapman, it was caught up in last weeks seatbelt recall, and today Chapman emailed that the fix from Ford is not expected until "late Q4".... sounds like another 4-5 months of waiting... to receive a 2023 Bronco... I imagine the 2024's will probably be on the street by that point.

danf

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars and trucks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same story here...

My order delivered June 30th to Chapman, it was caught up in last weeks seatbelt recall, and today Chapman emailed that the fix from Ford is not expected until "late Q4".... sounds like another 4-5 months of waiting... to receive a 2023 Bronco... I imagine the 2024's will probably be on the street by that point.
So you're saying it's sitting in the Chapman lot and will be sitting there until December? I would walk away. Vehicle is no longer new.

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So you're saying it's sitting in the Chapman lot and will be sitting there until December? I would walk away. Vehicle is no longer new.
I'm in the same boat, mine arrived June 28th after taking 3 months to ship. Problem is if I walk away I'm leaving 10k on the table.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just installed the Infinity reference speakers, dash and roll bar. What a difference. Easy less than 45 minute job. Get the harnesses, crimp the connectors on and pop em in.
Nice! I just installed the Hertz DCI 100.3’s in the Front dash and rear pods. Definitely makes a difference!

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same story here...

They are telling the truth. It’s crazy that the fix will take that long. Just imagine the thousands of Broncos that will be sitting that can’t be sold. Someday they will write a book about this whole 6G launch disaster.

From the recall info:

SERVICE ACTION
DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this compliance recall. A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers in the fourth quarter when it is anticipated that parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall.

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
They are telling the truth. It’s crazy that the fix will take that long. Just imagine the thousands of Broncos that will be sitting that can’t be sold. Someday they will write a book about this whole 6G launch disaster.

From the recall info:

SERVICE ACTION
DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this compliance recall. A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers in the fourth quarter when it is anticipated that parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall.
Not a disaster for Ford..so the way it works , dealers have to pay for the cars to get them on their lot. The car belongs to Chapman not to Ford. Ford is doing aight and this time the loss falls on the dealers ..Ford has no incentive to fix anything . 24 happens soon anyway . Q4 is just a random date and it can be longer

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not a disaster for Ford..so the way it works , dealers have to pay for the cars to get them on their lot. The car belongs to Chapman not to Ford. Ford is doing aight and this time the loss falls on the dealers ..Ford has no incentive to fix anything . 24 happens soon anyway . Q4 is just a random date and it can be longer
I read that manufacturer has to pay 1% of the vehicle value to the dealer every month it cannot be sold due to a recall until its fixed

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If I buy a new car, I'd rather buy it late in the model year.

A new car bought in December 2022 is worth more in January 2023, than a new car bought in January 2022.

danf

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars and trucks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I buy a new car, I'd rather buy it late in the model year.

A new car bought in December 2022 is worth more in January 2023, than a new car bought in January 2022.
If I buy a new car, I don't want it to be sitting on a lot for 8 months or a year before I buy it. There is such a thing as calendar age. Sitting, especially outdoors uncovered, is about the worst thing for a car. And as it sits you really have no idea how the dealer or whoever is treating it. A lot of them are just going to let the battery drain out and jump it right before the customer picks it up. Other's will start the rigs, but don't run them long enough to let them reach operating temp. And even if they do start them and run them, they will just let them idle at constant rpm which goes against the break in recommendations.
Sponsored