First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco SQ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had my Bronco for a little less than 2 months and I love everything about it and was well worth the year and a half wait to be built. The only complaint I had was the speakers. I’ve owned many vehicles, and the Bronco definitely had the worst speakers of all of them; I immediately changed them out. I wanted more bass for sure and I didn’t want to take up much room with a big enclosure. I found a tailgate enclosure on Ebay sold by jeepboxpro. I didn’t want a shallow mount subwoofer and I wanted an amp rack so I messaged the seller and they custom built me one. I got exactly what I was wanting and the enclosure is so much better than I was expecting; the craftsmanship couldn’t be better. What I got is way different than what is advertised.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3141388327...onmfAYgRZS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Ford Bronco Check out this tailgate subwoofer enclosure 85C6794F-B520-4D9B-95F3-42E8FA5C9C03

Here is what my custom enclosure looks like after I installed it

Ford Bronco Check out this tailgate subwoofer enclosure 76084287-22BF-4B21-896C-7D8CD48BDED4

Ford Bronco Check out this tailgate subwoofer enclosure 486B950D-164C-428D-89D0-C43ABBC38025

I also installed a bass control knob located beside the windows controls in the center console. The plastic knob looked cheap so I modified it with a metal attenuator meant for an electric guitar. I am very happy with how everything turned out.

Ford Bronco Check out this tailgate subwoofer enclosure 9651F600-683B-4236-8744-4E57CB2383F2
Sponsored

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve had my Bronco for a little less than 2 months and I love everything about it and was well worth the year and a half wait to be built. The only complaint I had was the speakers. I’ve owned many vehicles, and the Bronco definitely had the worst speakers of all of them; I immediately changed them out. I wanted more bass for sure and I didn’t want to take up much room with a big enclosure. I found a tailgate enclosure on Ebay sold by jeepboxpro. I didn’t want a shallow mount subwoofer and I wanted an amp rack so I messaged the seller and they custom built me one. I got exactly what I was wanting and the enclosure is so much better than I was expecting; the craftsmanship couldn’t be better. What I got is way different than what is advertised.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3141388327...onmfAYgRZS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Ford Bronco Check out this tailgate subwoofer enclosure 9651F600-683B-4236-8744-4E57CB2383F2

Here is what my custom enclosure looks like after I installed it

I also installed a bass control knob located beside the windows controls in the center console. The plastic knob looked cheap so I modified it with a metal attenuator meant for an electric guitar. I am very happy with how everything turned out.

Very nice!

OP
OP
TenJayDee

TenJayDee

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco SQ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No bad rattles?
The black access panel to the right rattled some but I placed a small strip of foam window insulation between the plastic and the tailgate and it fixed it. It absolutely pounds. Like many vehicles you can hear some rattling from the rear standing behind it but you can’t hear it inside; sounds great. The few people that has heard it says it sounds amazing.

Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks good all the ones I have seen so far have the preloaded box. I'm picky on Sub's and only use JL.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kudos!

OP
OP
TenJayDee

TenJayDee

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco SQ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good all the ones I have seen so far have the preloaded box. I'm picky on Sub's and only use JL.
I agree with you. I love JL too. I didn’t want the phoenix gold shallow, and I didn’t want to spend $400 on the JL in case I didn’t like the enclosure so I went with the Kicker. Now that I know I like it, I will be getting the JL if the Kicker goes out. I had the enclosure made to accommodate deeper subs, the stinger box was too shallow.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree with you. I love JL too. I didn’t want the phoenix gold shallow, and I didn’t want to spend $400 on the JL in case I didn’t like the enclosure so I went with the Kicker. Now that I know I like it, I will be getting the JL if the Kicker goes out. I had the enclosure made to accommodate deeper subs, the stinger box was too shallow.
How is the fit and finish on the box. I'm looking to do a great sounding set up in my Bronco build without going down the Car Audio rabbit hole :LOL: I did a build about 8mths. ago in my new GT500 and went WAY to far down that Rabbit Hole. just not worth the money. Had the amp rack and custom box's made.

IMG_4458.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg

OP
OP
TenJayDee

TenJayDee

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco SQ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a work of art! So NICE😉.

The fit is perfect and the finish is a high quality bedliner. It matches the interior well. There is one bolt difficult to get to; I had to make a template with a box and pre drill 4 holes in the tailgate. You will want a ratcheting 8 mm box end wrench to make it easier to tighten one bolt.

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very nice and clean! Grat job with this.