Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can someone DM the best place/price to pick this up at?
Just got my Stealth Box a week ago from Creative Audio at www.creativeaudio.net But they might have had one left in stock. Most places i called didn't have any in stock so you have to wait for it to be built by the manufacture which I understand adds 3 weeks... Good luck.
Sponsored

Rollo_in_Paris

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 door basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just picked up from the installer. 4dr Wildtrack
4 - 4 inch JL c2s
2- 6 inch JL c2s
1- JL stealth sub

Sounds great!!!!
I bet your system sounds great. Mine does too now. I just had a JL Audio stealthbox installed in my 2 dr Big Bend Base Sasquatch. My system is listed below and I wanted to tell members that are on the fence on what to buy that the stealthbox is worth every dime. Ordered mine and had it installed 3 weeks later. It produces excellent tight bass with full accurate sound. The R-S65.2 Alpines in the pods and the stealthbox blend to produce a nice punchy bass which is what I was after. It is not designed to rattle your mirrors though. If you like hip hop then maybe steer clear and buy something more appropriate for that type of music. Anything I play from Sirius XM sounds incredibly clear at all volume levels. I am finished upgrading my audio for now. :p
2 - 4 inch Alpine S2-S40 (with 300hz bass blockers)
2 - 6.5 inch Alpine R-S65.2 (in pods)
1 - JL Audio stealthbox sub (300 watts @ 2 ohms max)
1 - Kicker Key 200.4 (HP set at 60hz, DSP tune off, did not like it, mounted under steeling column)
1 - AudioControl ACM-1.300 (LP set at 80hz, 300 watts @ 2 ohms, mounted above glovebox with easy to access settings facing down)

After the Stealthbox install I changed the following: 727-01-02 0900-xxxx-xxxx to reveal more detail and unleash bass that was being neutered by the HU. Before the forscan change the ACM-1.300 gain was severely restricted. I mention this because the install shop I used had no clue the HU was neutering the bass. They thought the 300 watt amp was just too small. Not !

With the benefit of hindsight the only thing I would change would be to have gone with a AudioControl ACM-4.300 instead of the Kicker Key 200.4. Or maybe a ACX-650.5. The reason is they are built in Seattle and are higher quality units. Even better are JL Audio amps IMO. As mentioned above the Kicker Key tune was not for me. To me the sound was best with the tune off.

Last edited:

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After the Stealthbox install I changed the following: 727-01-02 0900-xxxx-xxxx to reveal more detail and unleash bass that was being neutered by the HU. Before the forscan change the ACM-1.300 gain was severely restricted. I mention this because the install shop I used had no clue the HU was neutering the bass. They thought the 300 watt amp was just too small. Not !
Hi, thanks for your update. I just finished my Stealtbox install as well. Getting ready to fool around with tuning, etc. today. The rest of my setup is as follows:

• Dash top speakers (left, right, center) and rear pods: JL Audio C1-400x speakers
  • Kick panels : JL Audio C1-650 - component version with separate twitter mounted just above to right of main.
  • DSP/Amp: mObridge K2 8.1.1 CHANNEL
I already have Forscan (mostly to give my Badlands Sport Mode), so your comment about changing this in Forscan peaked my interest. I don't fully understand the difference between what you installed vs my plug and play DSP system from mObridge, but could I too benefit from making this HU change? In other words, do you know if the mObridge allows me to bypass all these factory restrictions. If not, then might be time to drag out the old Forscan cable. I need to change an older setting I made anyway which screws up my text on the factory Nav (I think it is related to changing a setting that allows you to add addresses while moving).

Rollo_in_Paris

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi, thanks for your update. I just finished my Stealtbox install as well. Getting ready to fool around with tuning, etc. today. The rest of my setup is as follows:

• Dash top speakers (left, right, center) and rear pods: JL Audio C1-400x speakers
  • Kick panels : JL Audio C1-650 - component version with separate twitter mounted just above to right of main.
I already have Forscan (mostly to give my Badlands Sport Mode), so your comment about changing this in Forscan peaked my interest. I don't fully understand the difference between what you installed vs my plug and play DSP system from mObridge, but could I too benefit from making this HU change? In other words, do you know if the mObridge allows me to bypass all these factory restrictions. If not, then might be time to drag out the old Forscan cable. I need to change an older setting I made anyway which screws up my text on the factory Nav (I think it is related to changing a setting that allows you to add addresses while moving).
Hey Bryan,
You have a very impressive list of components selected. My Bronco build is the standard audio that comes on a 2 Dr. Big Bend, AM /FM Audio with (7) Speakers including Subwoofer. I do not know anything about the B&O system so please ignore what I said about forscan changes as it only applies to the standard audio AM / FM Audio with (7) Speakers including Subwoofer. I read that forscan audio changes have no effect on the B&O system.

I can say that if I had your amp with the B&O system I would certainly have it professionally tuned. You most likely already did this in the initial install. The shop that installed my stealthbox said that for high end DSP amps like yours they use microphones at each speaker then run a program on a laptop to EQ the sound. After they can switch to the tune you thought sounded good to the new tune. According to him it is night and day difference. It can't hurt to message mObridge and confirm the best way to tune this great amp. I am curious now too.

Last edited:

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, thanks for the clarification as that makes sense from what I have learned. I just assumed you had B&O since you had a sub. Anyway, yes mObridge actually had a tune already developed for the exact combination of speakers/sub I have and was nice enough to preload it. It also comes with a USB port so you can attach your laptop with mObridge software to tune yourself. I am in communication with him this weekend to see about playing around with it.

Hmm, I guess too I could take this setup to a local installer and have them do it for me professionally with a mike as well. I am sure there are some nuincances. I will give that some thought!

Sponsored

brian0173

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Looking at getting a stealthbox myself. Tried reading back but wanted to check you have the B&O system and replaced that crappy sub with the Stealthbox. Also, did you use the JL amp or another brand? And where did you place the tuner knob for it?

Rollo_in_Paris

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I do not have the B&O system but a great location for the bass control knob is on the headlight switch panel. It looks very clean and stealth. I have no regrets on that decision. You do need it as the bass level changes depending on the song/source. I believe the mObridge K2 8.1.1 Channel amp has a built-in mono amp to drive the stealthbox. I will let others comment on that amp, but I will say that you need to be careful where you mount it. The reason is you may want to access it to make adjustments. If it is properly tuned to begin with then it wouldn't matter where you mount it. I have an AudioSource ADM-1.300 amp that is mounted directly above the glove box. It has plenty of power for the stealthbox. However, it is small compared to the mObridge K2 8.1.1 . The glove box can be removed quickly without tools. I hope this helps.

Ford Bronco JL Audio Stealthbox subwoofer enclosure for Bronco now available 20220301_080419

Last edited:

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at getting a stealthbox myself. Tried reading back but wanted to check you have the B&O system and replaced that crappy sub with the Stealthbox. Also, did you use the JL amp or another brand? And where did you place the tuner knob for it?
@Rollo_in_Paris can vouch more for the knob as I got the mObridge K2 8.1.1 for the amp (which answers your other question) to replace my B&O factory amp (I have one for sale now...). The mObridge allows electronic tuning using a laptop. After getting a couple of tunes saved to my profile (which you select by changing the adoptive sound settings), I am more or less done with fooling around with it, although I still make adjustments on the headunit for song specific taste. Just be wary of side panel fitment. I had to modify mine to get it to go back on.

About some of Rollo's comments, the mObridge has a USB cable that you hang (I bought an extension) outside of your side panel to make adjustments to the software, so you do not need to go back and remove everything to make changes. And yes, it also has a separate channel for the stealthbox. There is another thread that has a ton of details and how tos on the mObridge, including my fitment issues. See here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...0bridge-speakers-stealthbox-more.84909/page-4

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do not have the B&O system but a great location for the bass control knob is on the headlight switch panel. It looks very clean and stealth. I have no regrets on that decision. You do need it as the bass level changes depending on the song/source. I believe the mObridge K2 8.1.1 Channel amp has a built-in mono amp to drive the stealthbox. I will let others comment on that amp, but I will say that you need to be careful where you mount it. The reason is you may want to access it to make adjustments. If it is properly tuned to begin with then it wouldn't matter where you mount it. I have an AudioSource ADM-1.300 amp that is mounted directly above the glove box. It has plenty of power for the stealthbox. However, it is small compared to the mObridge K2 8.1.1 . The glove box can be removed quickly without tools. I hope this helps.

Ford Bronco JL Audio Stealthbox subwoofer enclosure for Bronco now available 20220301_080419
moBridge lets you control the subwoofer from tone controls on sync4, the bass setting is the subwoofer line control.

Stevoid

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi, thanks for the clarification as that makes sense from what I have learned. I just assumed you had B&O since you had a sub. Anyway, yes mObridge actually had a tune already developed for the exact combination of speakers/sub I have and was nice enough to preload it. It also comes with a USB port so you can attach your laptop with mObridge software to tune yourself. I am in communication with him this weekend to see about playing around with it.

Hmm, I guess too I could take this setup to a local installer and have them do it for me professionally with a mike as well. I am sure there are some nuincances. I will give that some thought!
What software version of the MoBridge are you on?

Wildtrak715

Wildtrak
First Name
Brooklynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s from our Bronco.

those pictures are from our Bronco Wildtrak. We have been running the Stealthbox since last July.

here you go, been in our Bronco Wildtrak since last July

Here is what it looks like, this is in a 4 door Wildtrak.

Did the dealer need to program these or did you need to program the system after install or did they just work ? My wildtrak has a dummy amp and speaker nothing active in that spot. I have seen videos of the kicker install and they had to program that one .
Sponsored