First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks @thenewjs and @brtd. Does the Mobridge only work w/ B&O? I have the ‘23 w/ base stereo & dummy sub/amp.

Since the Stealthbox is still new, I haven’t found too many pics/videos of installs. I just did the Kicker 6.75”/Fusion Amp upgrade, but it’s just not enough. Do love the compact design and use of space (or lack of space used) that the stock sub box provides.
Sponsored

ATA-KC

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks @thenewjs and @brtd. Does the Mobridge only work w/ B&O? I have the ‘23 w/ base stereo & dummy sub/amp.

Since the Stealthbox is still new, I haven’t found too many pics/videos of installs. I just did the Kicker 6.75”/Fusion Amp upgrade, but it’s just not enough. Do love the compact design and use of space (or lack of space used) that the stock sub box provides.
Yes, mObridge is an a2b based digital device.

I wouldn't do the stealth box unless you absolutely can not lose the tail gate or floor space. IMHO

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes, mObridge is an a2b based digital device.

I wouldn't do the stealth box unless you absolutely can not lose the tail gate or floor space. IMHO
Please expound! Why not?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please expound! Why not?
For me the answer is based on price. At $1200 the Stealthbox is almost double the SRQ Customs box, and almost 3 times the cost of the 3d printed boxes. A tailgate box is $489, and a regular floor mounted box can be under $200. I really liked the Stealthbox in my 2001 F-150, but that box cost me $330 back in 2002. I don’t feel like the value for money factor is there on this JL offering. If it were $850 like the similar box for a jeep I might spring for it, but this feels like a case of Bronco tax.

https://srqcustoms.com/product/ford-bronco-subwoofer-enclosure-with-grille/

Ford Bronco JL Audio Stealthbox subwoofer enclosure for Bronco now available IMG_5974

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me the answer is based on price. At $1200 the Stealthbox is almost double the SRQ Customs box, and almost 3 times the cost of the 3d printed boxes. A tailgate box is $489, and a regular floor mounted box can be under $200. I really liked the Stealthbox in my 2001 F-150, but that box cost me $330 back in 2002. I don’t feel like the value for money factor is there on this JL offering. If it were $850 like the similar box for a jeep I might spring for it, but this feels like a case of Bronco tax.

Ford Bronco JL Audio Stealthbox subwoofer enclosure for Bronco now available IMG_5974
Does the Stealthbox have a tuned port or is it a sealed enclosure? I'd likely build my own sub box out of some MDF and glue before paying that much. The box doesn't have to look good, it's hidden behind the Bronco panel.

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agree with you 💯. My only hang up is I’ve never been a fan of Kiicker nor their accuracy. I’ve always preferred the sound and accuracy of JL subs over everything else. For that reason I’m leaning to the Cry Once mentality as I’m sure I’ll regret it otherwise.

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I’ve been saying this for a variety of products. The bronco tax is something that bothers the crap out of me. It’s unnecessary. I gd handle for 300$?! People need to band together and not spend of these ridiculous prices items until they go down.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Stealthbox is design with a mounting space for the stock amp. Other amps will fit there... The Mobridge amp fits with their mounting plate.

I'm sure others will fit.
For a Kicker Key is there a need for a mounting plate or can you just drill into the box?

brtd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' BL, '15 LR4, '22 Beta 390-RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even for the stock amp you'll need to drill (I believe the Stealthbox comes with self tapping screws).

I don't know the dims of the Key, but I'm sure it will work so long as it isn't wildly bigger than the stock amp.

HmrHmr23

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BlackWidow
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know if the amp on the 2023my wild track with Lux package is mounted near the rear subwoofer? I’ve seen pictures of an amp mounted near the factory sub. Is that amp for the whole stereo system or justice sub?

Sponsored

HmrHmr23

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BlackWidow
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, definitely. But the other (better) low profile 10" sub from JL is not compatible. I was going to swap and sell the TW1 on eBay.

Here's my Mobridge amp installed.
Is this amp running just the sub or does it replace the factory amp?

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is this amp running just the sub or does it replace the factory amp?
We replace the factory amp all-together, we power every channel independently. It is an all in one 9 channel DSP amplifier. Our subwoofer channel is capable of 400w RMS into 2ohms. So it is pretty perfect for the Stealthbox sub.

You can read more about the specs here:
https://mobridge.us/product/ford-bronco-amplifier-plug-and-play-a2b/

Or feel free to message us directly for any other questions too.

FYI Lux packages comes with B&O, This means your factory amp will be mounted on the factory subwoofer box. It will also be terrible too.

Last edited:

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Figured I'd ask, sorry, haven't read all 21 pages I apologize in advance. Just had a system put in the Bronco. Won't go into everything have but pertaining to the sub. I have a JL RD900/5 amp. While waiting for my JL Stealthbox the stereo shop put in a JL w3v3 8" sub in a small ported box. Just had the stealthbox installed...same amp no changes but the 8" sub in the sealed box kicked this 10's butt. The 8 hit harder and sounded better. I am a little depressed honestly because I thought the 10 would hit harder and sound better than the 8. Now I'm no stereo junkie but sound to sound and pure pleasure is there something I'm missing or something wrong? Hopefully I didn't make a $1200 mistake and it seems I did. Anyone experience this?

(Edited for 8 that was in it)
Ford Bronco JL Audio Stealthbox subwoofer enclosure for Bronco now available 1701456768470

Last edited:

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Figured I'd ask, sorry, haven't read all 21 pages I apologize in advance. Just had a system put in the Bronco. Won't go into everything have but pertaining to the sub. I have a JL RD900/5 amp. While waiting for my JL Stealthbox the stereo shop put in a JL w3v3 8" sub in a small ported box. Just had the stealthbox installed...same amp no changes but the 8" sub in the sealed box kicked this 10's butt. The 8 hit harder and sounded better. I am a little depressed honestly because I thought the 10 would hit harder and sound better than the 8. Now I'm no stereo junkie but sound to sound and pure pleasure is there something I'm missing or something wrong? Hopefully I didn't make a $1200 mistake and it seems I did. Anyone experience this?

(Edited for 8 that was in it)
Ford Bronco JL Audio Stealthbox subwoofer enclosure for Bronco now available 1701456768470
If the box is the one in that picture then it’s a slot vented box not a sealed one. As for hitting harder, maybe try dialing in the gain on the amp to see if it will push it. I’ve had a 12Tw3 in a sealed box for a bit now and it hits decent, not anywhere what I am used to since I used to roll with two 12w3’s in a custom slot vented box but that was some time ago now. If you aren’t comfortable with making adjustments go to the shop and have them make them.

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

JL w3v3 8" sub in a small ported box. Just had the stealthbox installed...same amp no changes but the 8" sub in the sealed box kicked this 10's butt. The 8 hit harder and sounded better. I am a little depressed honestly because I thought the 10 would hit harder and sound better than the 8. Now I'm no stereo junkie but sound to sound and pure pleasure is there something I'm missing or something wrong?
I've run these Microsubs before from JL and they punch waaaay above their weight class. Positioning of the sub in the rear panel will create interesting nodes, whereas putting that little vented box in the cargo area yields different results. Remember that this is all a balance of compromises...stealthbox sacrifices response for the mounting location. Go with what's best to your ear!
Sponsored