EazyCheezy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In a sense, hot takes are always "breaking news" since the point of them is often to skew the purpose of a story told in a way that is sensational, moralizing and condescending. In that sense, couching a hot take as "breaking news" instead is simply moralizing and condescending without reviewing the total context of the discussion as it stands and weighing the outcome of the story in those who may be affected by the intended purpose of the story.

TLDR; nice hot take but this thread has a genuine purpose and I don't think @popo_patty intended it to be anything but helpful, even if the title and early commentary is a bit overheated.
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In a sense, hot takes are always "breaking news" since the point of them is often to skew the purpose of a story told in a way that is sensational, moralizing and condescending. In that sense, couching a hot take as "breaking news" instead is simply moralizing and condescending without reviewing the total context of the discussion as it stands and weighing the outcome of the story in those who may be affected by the intended purpose of the story.

TLDR; nice hot take but this thread has a genuine purpose and I don't think @popo_patty intended it to be anything but helpful, even if the title and early commentary is a bit overheated.
Ford Bronco Check this NOW if you have a 2021 Bronco -- cracks on rear control arm upper brackets avengers-attitude

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All these people looking, there is a frame tag that would help narrow it down, but frames are pre-built way ahead of time so it could be old stock if Ford decided to use whatever is sent to the plant instead of stopping the use of the frame that was updated.
I'm not sure where the id sticker is on the frame, would have to get under one and poke around. @huey would probably know as he's more familiar with these than myself.

What we've found is the cutoff dates are generally fairly accurate but have seen exceptions (usually less than a week on either side of that date) but it's fairly rare. I would not expect to see these frames being installed much past the cutoff dates at that can cause a lot of problems for multiple reasons. Fitment, part warranty coverage, inclusion of a VIN if a recall was ever issued and general compatibility. That said, Ford has really been f'd up, especially since da 'rona and there's always a chance their database is off OR the supersession was clerical and there wasn't any physical differences in the parts. Obviously, they started boxing these at some point in production, finding someone that has a build date on either the start or end date, having them check, would be one way to kinda verify the change.

ethanxy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t know about the month but the car is delivered in December 2021 2.7 Badlands Auto with Sas, boxed.

Sponsored

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a First Edition '21, with stock uppers and unboxed...no cracks yet🤞

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2 Doors don't get the rear sway bar (though I recall the 2 Door WT might actually have a rear sway bar with Hoss 3.0?), but it does stand to reason that an upgrade made to the 4 Door frame would also flow down to the 2 Door frame.
For what it's worth 2 doors do have the sway bar attachment brackets. I believe at least one 2 door trim comes with the bar from the factory.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm not sure where the id sticker is on the frame, would have to get under one and poke around. @huey would probably know as he's more familiar with these than myself.

What we've found is the cutoff dates are generally fairly accurate but have seen exceptions (usually less than a week on either side of that date) but it's fairly rare. I would not expect to see these frames being installed much past the cutoff dates at that can cause a lot of problems for multiple reasons. Fitment, part warranty coverage, inclusion of a VIN if a recall was ever issued and general compatibility. That said, Ford has really been f'd up, especially since da 'rona and there's always a chance their database is off OR the supersession was clerical and there wasn't any physical differences in the parts. Obviously, they started boxing these at some point in production, finding someone that has a build date on either the start or end date, having them check, would be one way to kinda verify the change.
On outside frame at drivers door

Ford Bronco Check this NOW if you have a 2021 Bronco -- cracks on rear control arm upper brackets 1000003241

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wonder if the change to the box design coincided with the addition of rear sway bar end link brackets. The timing seems about right.
Mine has the sway bar brackets on the axle (no bar) but is not boxed.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @flip,

if you look at either the driver or passenger side there is a sticker on the frame rail. When you walk up to the truck, start just back from the hinges on the front of the door, kneel down and look at the frame.

Look for a white sticker with a big scan code and a date top LH corner. My truck frame came off the frame line Dec 4 /2022, and for giggles rolled off the assy line Dec 19th, not very much time in between

Ford Bronco Check this NOW if you have a 2021 Bronco -- cracks on rear control arm upper brackets 20240119_120352

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like stickers! Imma go check mine

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Badlands non sas (37” KO2, OME 1.5” lift)
8/21 from door stciker
No towing package
Soft top
Open
No cracks?

IMG_8483.jpeg

IMG_8484.jpeg

Same with the Hoss 3.0. Were stuck with Hoss 2.0 and open RCA bracket because we bought too soon. No solution from Ford although they solved the issue for the newer production line. Ugh!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150