First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery 5 - Range Rover P38
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do the manufacturers allow you to arrange for your own delivery or pick it up yourself?
Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After reading her claim of Ford "profiting" What is her definition of "profit" ? Ford has a right to charge any administrative fees( "pushing paper") to set up the delivery of a vehicle. The increase in fees relates to the last four years of a shortage of truckers. The increase (42%) compared to BMW and other luxury brands (20+%) is a totally different comparison due to the prices already charged (higher) than a domestic model. What she probably paid more for was the car itself and having "buyers remorse".

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I somewhat agree with this. Now up front it's no different than buying a $5 item from eBay and find out they charge 25 bucks to ship it.... That's on you as a consumer to know how much the total is.

On the other hand the delivery fee is between the dealer and Ford. So you're advertised price should be inclusive of what the dealer is charging to cover all their cost. I mean you don't see breakdowns for the truck driver salary or the factory workers salary.

When was the last time you bought something that broke out separately the price that the store had to pay to have it shipped to them from the manufacturer?

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you want a more precise definition of how fees are used in the pricing of a vehicle go to Your Auto Advocate on you tube.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I don't think this is going anywhere. Destination charges are right there disclosed to the consumer right up front on the window sticker. It's flat rate shipping, the same as USPS flat rate boxes. Its irrelevant if it's going to the next block or the other side of the country, the price is the same.

Sponsored

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
lol, means for me there charging $1500 fee to move my bronco 15 minutes drive from the plant to the dealer.

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is America, and if there is anything guaranteed here, it is the right to sue for no reason. If you don't want to pay the fee there is a very simple and cheap solution. Don't buy the car! There are a lot of things out there that I think are ripoffs, so you know what I do? I don't but them.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would like to see a better solution for avoiding some of these fees, but the legal system is not the place for it. Question them in the public sphere. If Ford can prove that the fees are justified in an open forum, then everyone is happy. If adjustments need to be made, then the petitioners are happy. Arguing over legalities isn't going to help anyone.

Reactions: jxc

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This should go exactly nowhere.

Sure I would like to not have the added destination charge but moving cars isn’t cheap.

Tom Ryan

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is essentially a false advertising claim, misleading and deceptive. That approach has more legs than you may realize.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Car negotiations have always been a cloak and dagger arrangement to screw the consumer. Since the information age, things have tilted a little more in our favor, but the deck is still stacked. The legacy shams like destination charges, vin etching, undercoating, paint protection, etc. remain despite the consumer outcry. I realize that some are manufacturer and some are dealer-based, but it is what we have come to expect from car salesmen. Just because they disclose they are screwing you up front doesn't make it right.

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

We ship goods from where I work every day. The cost to ship one load 75 miles or 300 miles is close to $3000. Thats 5 pallets or 28. No one wants to pay shipping charges and they dont always seem fair. But to you're comment of the way to avoid is to not buy a Ford, well, you show me where else I can get a Bronco and I'll greatly consider not buying a Ford lol

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isnt something new. Most companies mark up their shipping costs just like mechanics mark up their part costs.

Its not a big deal though because most companies get hefty discounts on their shipping rates. Even with the markup, if you arranged shipping on your own you would probably pay more.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford could easily side step this by offering factory pickup. Then they could just point and say, if you don't want to pay the fee then come get it yourself. And charge to the service to pick it up.
Sponsored