DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The gray top doesn’t look so bad.... until you see how it should look!

I’m not too worried though. We will have options.

Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade 31CC7576-9015-4F46-AEBF-7DF6A24D472E
Sponsored

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No way is this top in the pic the same as the rest. If this were the top everyone was getting there would be 75% less complaints.
Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade 31CC7576-9015-4F46-AEBF-7DF6A24D472E
Ford wants to charge a paint option $$$ Profits! This is what its all about.

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya know what is looking like the smarter play especially for those 55 60k guys. Growing up you always heard never buy the first year of a car. Smarter play could be lowering all expectations. Buy a Base model as you can get. The trade it in a year or two when the things you re looking for are on the market to be seen.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you for the response and clarification. Ughhh... not what I wanted to hear. This shouldn't be so difficult. I think this decides it for me. Unless ford makes that change to color coordinate all the trim/plastic, I'm sad to say I'm out. I can't justify 60+ K for a vehicle I don't LOVE. I've been trying to figure out a solution between the BL and the FE and can't get a color combo that works for me. I'm leaning toward the carbonized gray and the FE isn't offered in that color and the BL has the gray plastic which I personally can't stand.
Your user name and your statement:

Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade giphy[1]

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
...and of course the black everyone wants.
irony of ironies....Ford's Early MIC tops were black as the ace of spades. Why they changed horses mid stream is anyone's guess....but not having the ability to pair up with a black or body-colored modular top sure screws a lot of us.

And these MIC tops will be Ford's rolling billboards for a year or so.

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The user who made post 339 in this thread hit the nail on the head.

More recent builds have DRASTICALLY DARKER BLACK trim than this early production overland concept. And again folks on here are overlooking that fact.

There will be changes to materials and colors before production. There will NOT be 8 different shades of gray on the production unit so unwad your panties and settle down.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ed-with-hood-decal-interior-pics.7590/page-23
I agree 100%. Originally I was pissed about top color. But then I realized that this is like pre-season in the NFL. Nothing that Ford makes now really counts. These Broncos will be scrapped.

There have been a lot of mis-matches in the pre-production broncos. Grilles, tops, wheels, tires, etc. They are in the process of dialing in production processes so that they are ready to go when Job 1 starts.

I think that in the end all trim pieces will be a dark gray (or black)and match each other. At least I hope thats the case.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
FWIW here's one with a gray pillar, keep in mind no one is getting those solid panels so I turned them back to a tinted window.

This pic alone has me going home after work and making a second granger reservation. I just can’t pull the trigger on the light grey top that is suppose to be black.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FWIW here's one with a gray pillar, keep in mind no one is getting those solid panels so I turned them back to a tinted window.

User @damarble has valuable feedback/input from when he saw the Overland concept in Seattle.

He also posted that feeback multiple times before. It was spot on and accurate.

And it seems all of you have not read that or paid attention when others spoke about the Overland concept vehicle's roof when it was viewed in person. I can only call you all out each time these bold proclamations are made about a pre-production unit.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I don't care for it either but I don't hate it to the extent some of you do. It does look better with some colors than others. I'm probably down to white or CG as the only 2 that look good in the renders to me now. That rapid red looks great with the top off!, but horrible with it on, and that's too bad as I would pay for the upgrade paint color if it didn't make the whole truck look like ass

Ryderman1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I the only one on this Forum that actually likes the grey top? I can understand the issue with the Top and the B-Piller trim mismatch but other then that Id prefer a grey top on an Area 51 Bronco over a black top
This is exactly what i think also. I dont like the gray top on any of the colors that i have seen, but i love the gray with the area 51. I would prefer the gray to black on the area 51. if i were to get another color, i would get the soft top.

Sponsored

colotex

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus RC350 F Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will just tell you from working in autobody that painting textures is a major PITA. The paint will probably not hold up well over time on the textured surface as it will bubble and crack without proper adhesion (you need sanding scratches for primer and paint to adhere to properly). You would pretty much have to sand any texture off to a smooth uniform surface before you could prime, wet-sand, and paint it. You may be better off doing an outer layer Line-X in the color of your choosing, but you are going to add a ton of weight to the vehicle.
Thanks a ton. I figured that would be the answer. How much weight would you guess to line-x a two door hardtop?

Ryderman1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would you say the same about an area51 wildtrak Bronco, which has a black grill?

Genuinely curious as thats my dilemma and a51 is my main color choice with black a close second
I am going with the big bend, which is my favorite grill. If i decide on base or black diamond, i plan to still get the big bend grill down the road.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Saw it in person in TN and it looked good with Area 51. Still, probably going to order mine with the painted black top and just wait a little longer.

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The black painted top is said to be available as late availability. My question is.... If you get the black painted top, do all the other components (Grill, mirrors, door handles, fender flares, etc.) come in either black MIC or black painted to match? Or does the carbonized gray haunt you on these parts and you have to swap them out after market?
+1