Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine does this as well occasionally...

Seems fuel related like it wants to stall (and then I have tried to put my foot down on the skinny pedal to no avail)...or as I said in another thread like its being rev limited but you are only at close to 3k RPMS in first gear....once you hit second its fine

Somewhat off topic....That first gear is just a dog sometimes. I put it in sport mode just to get it to take off like a normal engine (more fuel applied with same amount of skinny pedal input)
Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
On a related note, my F-150 with auto transmission had a habit of bucking like crazy anytime I'd come to a slope or hill if I was "lugging" it at lower RPM's. I swore it was transmission or torque converter related, but it went away after I had the spark plugs and coil packs replaced. I had no idea it was a miss, as it ran fine 99% of the time.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks Mike and touche...speculation has changed to fuel delivery...

6pgs of folks reporting similar, but hard to document issue here. Whatever it is hopefully it goes away completely on mine, I'm over 17k miles now and am noticing less frequently (but still present).

ECU or some other chipset may be 'learning' or I'm properly breaking it of its bad habit...what do you think?
Mine has never done that. The only 4cylinder I owned that would shake when warming up was my 2014 focus and that cleared up after I changed the spark plugs (which they claim where 100k plugs, but just had the 100k service done at 60k to take care of everything). I would be curious if maybe you folks are getting some bad gas.

Ditch Lock

Base
First Name
Ditch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm getting the bucking in 1st and 2nd gear as well with only 700 miles. Only have had this thing for 3 weeks. I thought it was me for abit, but now it's happened about 4-5 times and started at 500 mile mark. Does seem to happen everytime the engine is below ideal temp.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm getting the bucking in 1st and 2nd gear as well with only 700 miles. Only have had this thing for 3 weeks. I thought it was me for abit, but now it's happened about 4-5 times and started at 500 mile mark. Does seem to happen everytime the engine is below ideal temp.
Hi there. This concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Ford Bronco. Could you please send us a DM with your VIN and dealership information? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP
Bronkers

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi there. This concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Ford Bronco. Could you please send us a DM with your VIN and dealership information? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
@Ford Motor Company

PM SENT

-Guy who started this thread

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any progress on this? I’m nearly 15k in and this happens intermittently. It didn’t do it for a few months and then it did the other morning. I attributed it to being the chilliest morning we had in a while.

tbnlulz

Black Diamond
First Name
Becca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Ranger, '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Posting here for additional documentation.

I'm having the same issues as OP with my black diamond 7MT. Bucking in 2nd when the engine is still cold. No foot on the clutch pedal. about 3100 miles on the vehicle.

Also a clunk moving from 1st to 2nd but only when the engine is still cold.

Xrayphoton1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Y'all aren't talking about bucking that can occur with a manual trans during light throttle and low rpm such as going through a parking lot, right?
This something different and more random?

I once had an aftermarket clutch that would chatter during engagement when cold. The company's solution was to dump the clutch at 3k rpms a few times. Lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tbnlulz

Black Diamond
First Name
Becca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Ranger, '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Y'all aren't talking about bucking that can occur with a manual trans during light throttle and low rpm such as going through a parking lot, right?
This something different and more random?
No. Much different, more violent, and usually around 3000 rpm. Comes out of nowhere while accelerating.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Posting on this thread also for it to be seen. 5400 miles on my 2dr 7MY black diamond. Violent bucking for several seconds while in second gear today when first driving it this morning. Warmed up engine about 3-4 minutes before driving. 65°F outside temp at the time. Happened while driving in second gear, I would say around 2600 RPM or so. Only ever have ran 93 octane fuel from Shell since brand new. Felt like possibly the engine wanted to stall or wasn't getting enough fuel. Clutch wasnt pressed at the time, I was just driving down the driveway.

4wahine

Base
First Name
Eileen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I managed to capture my issue on video. Is it similar to what you've been experiencing?

After a month at the dealer they were unable to reproduce the issue and attribute it to either not enough pressure on the gas pedal (wrong!) and resting my foot on the clutch (wrong again!):

OP
OP
Bronkers

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I managed to capture my issue on video. Is it similar to what you've been experiencing?

After a month at the dealer they were unable to reproduce the issue and attribute it to either not enough pressure on the gas pedal (wrong!) and resting my foot on the clutch (wrong again!):

That. Is. The exact thing. I was experiencing that was cause for me creating this thread...

Un/fortunately another driver ran a stop sign and sent my MT to its forever home...

Loving my 10spd AT and all the tricks it has so far/not missing crawl gear with one pedal drive as a substitute (queue the chair throwing MT diehards?)...

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored