Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
3/21/2023
Just received the latest software update "Ford Power up 4.2.1",
No changes to the heat venting problem. Most Hot air comes out of the A-pillar defrost vent, almost nothing from the floor vents, nothing in the rear seats. I sent an additional email to customer service with Ford headquarters, no response....
I’m not surprised. It’s obvious this is a problem and Ford is aware. They don’t have a solution and/or don’t care. I just can’t believe this wasn’t discovered during R&D. There have been endless posts reporting the issue with no resolve.
Sponsored

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Should I just cancel my service appointment I have for this today, since it appears this is a universal issue that no dealership is able to fix!?!?

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Should I just cancel my service appointment I have for this today, since it appears this is a universal issue that no dealership is able to fix!?!?
I reported earlier in this thread that mine is toasty warm. Ford needs to fix this for those affected. That is not normal.

Dillydally

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.7 hardtop lux non-squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3/21/2023
Just received the latest software update "Ford Power up 4.2.1",
No changes to the heat venting problem. Most Hot air comes out of the A-pillar defrost vent, almost nothing from the floor vents, nothing in the rear seats. I sent an additional email to customer service with Ford headquarters, no response....
Ford is still staying very quiet on this issue and does not currently have a remedy. If you live someplace cold and want to have warm air on your feet, good luck! It won't be coming from your Bronco

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford is still staying very quiet on this issue and does not currently have a remedy.
Where’s the Ford team on this issue? How about a group reply? Here we are 2 years later and still no fix. Inquiring minds want to know.

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's pretty crazy. Like why would I want my windshield air blasting the whole time? Still rocking the override to chest and feet and closing chest vents.

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's pretty crazy. Like why would I want my windshield air blasting the whole time? Still rocking the override to chest and feet and closing chest vents.
Same here. It’s the only thing that works.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where’s the Ford team on this issue? snip......
Good luck with that! A reply here from them to shut you up, then zero resolution. Your best bet is to contact a dealer and/or Ford Motor Company.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford doesn't care. They also don't really winter test their vehicles. They just kinda leave it up to the buyers to discover what won't work in the cold or snow.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Select Upper vents and Lower Vents and you will get warm air at your feet. If you want more at your feet cut off upper vents by closing the vent. You can close all of them if you want all heat to come out at your feet. This is not the best scenario but one that works best. I had to have the entire evaporator box replaced and programming updated due to a defective recirc door that kept burning up motors. The new Evap box and program update still did not change the airflow 80% out of the A pillar vents and 20% out of the floor vents so I use the above method with good results.

Sponsored

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I just drove 45 minutes this morning with outside temp at 28 degrees. My feet toasty warm.

Those with cold feet need to keep pressing their dealer and Ford

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I just drove 45 minutes this morning with outside temp at 28 degrees. My feet toasty warm.

Those with cold feet need to keep pressing their dealer and Ford
Since you say yours works perfectly
When you have your air set to just the feet, do you feel air coming out your A pillar vents like a hairdryer force?

I have the air issue and it blows hard out the A pillar when set to just feet.

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When you have your air set to just the feet, do you feel air coming out your A pillar vents like a hairdryer force?

Not sure. Will check.

I usually keep the selection to windshield and feet since I have frost on windshield in the morning

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there. This floor vent concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there. This floor vent concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Whomever is on the other side of this account: almost all of us on this thread experience this. That's the point of the thread. This is a widespread issue. And as I've documented likely a software issue. Get some employees with some brains to look into it and fix it
Sponsored