Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now I’m just curious is Granger going to have more reservations then every other dealer combined? Lol
I’m curious too. Folks on here have said their local dealers have 1k+ but who knows if that’s true.
Albert at one point said his reservation was pushed down into the three digit territory, but that was a week ago ?
Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

California is so ridiculous they had me take a motorcycle I had purchased from Georgia to get a CHP inspection for Vin verification and the Dmv wanted a small check when motorcycles don’t get smog checks. A lot of people at the DMV are ridiculous. I also purchased a vehicle from Missouri and I could not take care of that at Aaa
DMV sure is a mess.

between @EricAtKearnyMesaFord , @Granger Ford , @StephensAutoCenter and @NayNay we can get an answer. They all use the same order system and they can tell us if for makes a California specific vehicle

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not to be a wet blanket, but the logistics of delivery are could be a real nightmare depending on how Ford builds them: I didn't take a count on possible people in on this, but has to be 20+ so it's possible that you could wait days or weeks till the truck gets full for a delivery run. Of course nothing is known yet on that so pure speculation on my part.
Maybe, maybe not. The thinking is, the more people who opt for delivery, the better odds of filling a truck and fewer delays. As we get the actual delivery dates, we'll have some decisions to make. For example, if we have five ready to go, will those five people be willing to split the other $425, or wait for a sixth? And I think everyone's backup plan, if they're left out of a delivery, is to catch a $100 flight from DIA to Des Moines and drive back. Grouping deliveries is just an option (and my first choice) but we'll have to play it by ear when the time comes.

Starting this thread now was a good move, I think, because once the B&P tool goes live, people won't have much time to talk to their current dealership and decide whether or not to switch.

EDIT: Also want to add here that it wouldn't make sense for Ford to ship one Bronco at a time to a dealership. Granger will more than likely be getting a bunch at a time, helping our odds of having six vehicles ready for group shipping. And finally, if we do have to fly in and drive back, Granger is paying for travel from the airport to the showroom. I haven't figured out the cost of gas to drive, and that could also change, so probably too soon to tell what the final cost will be for that option.

Last edited:

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sorry I wasn't following this. What can I help with?
lol. sorry.

Can you ask your sales team if Ford builds a california specific vehicle re: emissions or if there is a box to check in the order process for california vehicles?

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Albert hooks me up on a f350 tremor diesel before then, would just need to see how long of a gooseneck trailer I’d need to load 3 Broncos w/ its max tow weight of 21,100lbs lol.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Caught the answer in the other thread :) Will post here.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...er-arranged-group-deliveries.5680/post-199894

@NayNay answered it here.

So you dont have to follow the link :)

NayNay said:
When you place the order you select the California emissions. Just like you select a specific trim.
"The post about being compliant and the cali emissions is correct they are 2 different things. So..... buyers this is on you!! Make sure when you place that order that they are California emissions. There's no added costs for this. It's a box the dealer selects. If your state requires it you will not be able to Register the vehicle. You cannot get around this by driving 7500 miles. If you are the 1st owner then you bought it brand new and the title and dealership will reflect that. Some states can not order a vehicle unless it's California emissions but other states can skip this."

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Caught the answer in the other thread :) Will post here.
This is actually a really good point to spread around. In MD it's required so we automatically check the box or we cannot legally sell the vehicle but some states don't have too.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Albert hooks me up on a f350 tremor diesel before then, would just need to see how long of a gooseneck trailer I’d need to load 3 Broncos w/ its max tow weight of 21,100lbs lol.
Lol! You could be the Bronco Shipper and pay off that Tremor in no time.

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
DMV sure is a mess.

between @EricAtKearnyMesaFord , @Granger Ford , @StephensAutoCenter and @NayNay we can get an answer. They all use the same order system and they can tell us if for makes a California specific vehicle
I just asked Granger on our site a few more questions. I know the taxes are very high in California as well so I’m wondering if it’ll save me money going to Granger not only on the X plan or other benefits but what I also save on purchasing the vehicle at Granger rather than a California Dealer.

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just asked Granger on our site a few more questions. I know the taxes are very high in California as well so I’m wondering if it’ll save me money going to Granger not only on the X plan or other benefits but what I also save on purchasing the vehicle at Granger rather than a California Dealer.
Ford Bronco Colorado Group Buy with Granger 8F356342-0C4F-401C-85E6-EA82516E71E3
Ford Bronco Colorado Group Buy with Granger 424674A1-DDC0-4334-9BF7-6E6AEA6E4A28
Ford Bronco Colorado Group Buy with Granger C1330281-52A9-4B3B-8FFC-923DB63E7800

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think we still have to pay our local taxes unfortunately.

He said they'd roll taxes in to financing (if you want) and cut you a check back to take to DMV when you register/title.
Sponsored