Sponsored

Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS?

Riley DC

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco and Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2023 Wildtrak Sas package (with Fox Suspension) was delivered last week. The plan is to install the RC 2.5 lift kit, Toyo AT3's-37x12.5x17" and 17" VR-601BL's. It's more about aesthetics for me. The most off-roading it will get will likely be a dirt parking at a local hiking trail. 😂

However, I will commute with it 3 days a week and I hear I could face performance issues such as ride comfort, gearing, mpg's with this set up.

Therefore, I'm casting a wide net and looking to hear from all the subject matter experts as your feedback will help me make an informed decision. Thanks

Here's a photo of the rig.
Ford Bronco Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS? 1676253262773
Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Color? It’s hard to tell based on lighting, but looks great.

Tito

Base
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969, 1971, 1966, 1973, 2022 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only real area I felt any issue was mpg and that was a brutal hit. Thankfully I drive 5 miles to work with mine on 38s, mpg went from about a legitimate 17-19 city hwy to 12.5-15.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go with the BFG TA KO2s for a smooth ride. Regardless of what you do, mileage is going to be horrible with the 37s. Don't know if lift is going to make it any worse as far as aerodynamics are concerned but anywhere you can shed weight or decrease drag won't hurt.

Sponsored

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

On my Rubicon I was under-impressed with th RC lift and ended up switching it out. You results may vary as we do put a lot of miles on our Jeep.

Sancho77

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 AMG C63S, 2019 Jeep 392, 2023 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You spent extra money for a great suspension only to remove it and add a crappy one. Good luck!
What are you talking about……. The HOSS suspension is still there, I just installed the collars to fit the 37s

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What are you talking about……. The HOSS suspension is still there, I just installed the collars to fit the 37s
I am talking about the OP adding a 2.5" RC lift kit to his Hoss 3.0 WT.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If ride quality (or just plain ole quality) was my concern, I wouldn't be looking at RC for a lift, but we all have different expectations and desires, so hard for anyone else to say if you will like it or not.

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I posted in the suspension forum this morning but didn't have any replies. I was going to order the Zone 3" for my Badlands SAS but when I talked to Zone they said that the 22 kit doesn't fit the 23 because of some changes to the 23 suspension. Me working for Ford I haven't seen or heard of this on the 23 but he said:

At this time, we do not have any kits approved for 23 model-year broncos, we have gotten some feedback they made some subtle changes but until we do some testing we can not confirm kit compatibility.

Then I asked him what the changes were and he said:

...we do know the strut studs changed thread pitch, and there is a rumor the strut mount and stuff are different, I do not have a complete list of the suspected changes.

So question, did you run into this with your 23 lift??? I reached out to Rough Country but haven't heard back yet. Figured I'd comment on your post since nobody answered mine and a few of y'all on this thread have lifted 23's?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2023 Wildtrak Sas package (with Fox Suspension) was delivered last week. The plan is to install the RC 2.5 lift kit, Toyo AT3's-37x12.5x17" and 17" VR-601BL's. It's more about aesthetics for me. The most off-roading it will get will likely be a dirt parking at a local hiking trail. 😂

However, I will commute with it 3 days a week and I hear I could face performance issues such as ride comfort, gearing, mpg's with this set up.

Therefore, I'm casting a wide net and looking to hear from all the subject matter experts as your feedback will help me make an informed decision. Thanks

Here's a photo of the rig.
Ford Bronco Commuting with RC 2.5 Lift Kit + 37's on 2023 Wildtrak SAS? ACF06765-16E4-4D40-A309-E50370CD627D
In terms of pavement performance, it's got some of the opposite design features you'd normally want in a vehicle. And your changes, raising it higher and all, will reduce the pavement performance further. Also since you brought it up, fuel efficiency will not be so good.

So I wouldn't make those changes for your use case. And if performance is a goal, I'd buy a different vehicle designed to excel on pavement.

If like some folks you're buying for a sort of feeling the vehicle gives you, then I guess give some thought if that feeling of having the vehicle and adding 37" tires and all, overcomes some of the design and functional realities.

Also you could always try some off-roading, exploring and end up enjoying that sort of thing, and you'd have a very nice vehicle equipped for that usage.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm also waiting on a HOSS 3.0 solution to run 37's, but I don't want to do perch collars. I'd rather do the RC 2.5" as it comes with new UCA's and a small diff drop bracket if. I heard Fabtech and Icon are researching, but no updates yet... RC might be a decent interim solution. The RC 2.5" reportedly works with HOSS 3.0, not officially, but in another thread...

Link to HOSS 3.0 w/RC 2.5" thread...
Sponsored