Sponsored

"Competing" Dealer called/texted me about a 2 door with 2.7....

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So a while back when my original dealer botched my order, I angrily inquired with another local dealer to see if they might be able to get me my bronco sooner.... They couldn't and blamed the 2.7 as being "sold out".... I know dumb. Anywho, that same dealer called and texted me yesterday to see if I was still interested in a 2 door 2.7 that had just arrived...
I texted them back that I was, but already have one in the pipeline at retail with my original dealer....
The "competing" dealers response????

"We have one that just arrived for 75k."
Ford Bronco "Competing" Dealer called/texted me about a 2 door with 2.7.... charlie-murphy-laugh
I told them I respectfully decline and my budged was 45k or less.. Didn't hear back....
The audacity of these dealers....
Sponsored

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From a salesman’s perspective : you miss out on 100% of the business you don’t ask for.

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From a person who works in sales: I could never do that to a fellow human.
Right?! Its hilarious to me, like they just blurted out the highest number that crossed their mind. I doubt it was a first edition, IMO it was probably a badlands at most. Not even sure if it had sasquatch or not, but regardless... yeah... 75k...
I just feel bad for the sucker that pays that

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From a person who works in sales: I could never do that to a fellow human.
There is Sales and then there is Auto Sales. Sadly the stereotypical sales consultant flashing the gold chains on their right wrist that you can't help but touch when you shake their hand - please count your fingers afterward. The industry hasn't changed and some of these shysters make accident chasing lawyers look like saints

Sponsored

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From a salesman’s perspective : you miss out on 100% of the business you don’t ask for.
Damn right here. A buddy from HS became a Mortgage/Loan Officer as a young college grad - he Majored in computers of some sort and had been doing computer work for a Mortgage/Loan company for years- they offered him a Sales job and he said Yes! Soon enough , the early -to-mid 2000s housing market boomed ... I remember him treating us to $50/shot Johnnie Walker Blue Labels around this time in 2004 because he had made more than $10K that month, including a $10K check on one deal- all he would tell us is that he made 5 figures that month and he was buying that night.

But he gave *everyone* his business card. Girls at the bar, people in line to walk in a sports game, every damn place he was giving out his card. Because to him it's all about numbers ... He might need to hand out 100 cards to get 10 phone calls and 1 sale... so he handed out as many as possible, trying to be constantly reaping the percentages.

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The funny thing is, in my head I thought, Oh I'll tell them about my bronco thats on hold for msrp and maybe they'll compete.. oh nvm...

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly, he took a chance that you were a blank check customer. Anyone who says it’s unethical doesn’t understand it takes both sides to consent to the sale, nothing seems misrepresented. Unethical is the surprise ADM crap we read about. He can ask for whatever he wants and you can either accept or decline.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco "Competing" Dealer called/texted me about a 2 door with 2.7.... charlie-murphy-laugh
I told them I respectfully decline and my budged was 45k or less.. Didn't hear back....
How dare they follow up on your 'angry inquiry' by calling with a unit that meets your requirements and offering it at the market price!

Fucking bastards!

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How dare they follow up on your 'angry inquiry' by calling with a unit that meets your requirements and offering it at the market price!

Fucking bastards!
Poor wording on my part, here's a different phrasing,
"in anger at my main dealers botching of my original bronco order, I called a competing local dealership to inquire"

Also, does it meet my requirements if my requirements are to not get f'd in the A?

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So a while back when my original dealer botched my order, I angrily inquired with another local dealer to see if they might be able to get me my bronco sooner.... They couldn't and blamed the 2.7 as being "sold out".... I know dumb. Anywho, that same dealer called and texted me yesterday to see if I was still interested in a 2 door 2.7 that had just arrived...
I texted them back that I was, but already have one in the pipeline at retail with my original dealer....

I'd go back and grind my feet on their couch....

Ford Bronco "Competing" Dealer called/texted me about a 2 door with 2.7.... 1643379425484

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It blows my mind when dealerships and friend's of dealers defend this type of behavior. Yes, they can technically mark it up to any price they want. However, form a business ethics stand point it's such a shitty thing to do. Now... we could be comparing oranges to apples here as maybe this is a vehicle that was backed out of that they were selling for MSRP originally... who knows? But the dealerships that are marking up reservations after agreed upon pricing (whether that be verbal or written) are slimy. Good companies prosper from repeat customers and negative reviews far outweigh positive word of mouth in today's society. One of the main reasons Apple, Chick Fil A and In-N-Out are successful is that they thrive on good customer service.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It blows my mind when dealerships and friend's of dealers defend this type of behavior. Yes, they can technically mark it up to any price they want. However, form a business ethics stand point it's such a shitty thing to do. Now... we could be comparing oranges to apples here as maybe this is a vehicle that was backed out of that they were selling for MSRP originally... who knows? But the dealerships that are marking up reservations after agreed upon pricing (whether that be verbal or written) are slimy. Good companies prosper from repeat customers and negative reviews far outweigh positive word of mouth in today's society. One of the main reasons Apple, Chick Fil A and In-N-Out are successful is that they thrive on good customer service.
A long time ago I had a roommate that did a stint as a new car salesman at a very large dealer in Dallas TX.

His indoctrination included teaching him that all customers are liars and to be hated. My thought on that was that it to ease his mind of over using their tactics to cheat people out of money.
Things like "it's their fault if they are too stupid to do the math" and "They all lie about how much money they can spend, so my lies don't matter".

IMHO, sitting across the table from a person so uneducated and ignorant as to sign a 21% interest car loan and later bragging to your buddies how you ripped them off has got to put you in the express lane to hell.

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer told me he had a build similar to mine that he could sell me. It was a 2.7. Didn't even ask the price. I'm buying this because it's too silly for this world, a 7-speed, stick shift, 2 door, convertible, offroader. I'm willing to give up on a lot for my build but not the number of doors or pedals. I'm not getting this because it's a smart call (4 doors is really practical and there's so much more room for gear and I could sleep in it potentially, autos are great offroad and efficient) I'm getting it as a toy so I want it to demand my attention through outdated transmission technology and to look like a silly toy due to it's squat 2 door proportions.