Sponsored

Considering buying new 2024 Bronco, thoughts on quality issues and problems?

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all,
I’m working a deal with my local dealer on a 24 4dr Badlands and I wanted some opinions before I pull the trigger. After reading some threads here I’m a little concerned about quality issues and problems. Anybody care to share their thoughts? I love the bronco but a little spooked by the various problems. Roof noises, electrical gremlins, etc seem to be common. Thanks for the input.
It’s not a high end luxury vehicle. It’s new and does have issues Ford is still working out. Way way over complicated for an off road vehicle. But with all that said I love my Bronco. Don’t over think it, just do it!
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 21 Bronco OB 2.7 SAS. I waited a long time to get it and have had for 2 years now. I had high expectations for it and after owning it, it exceeded my expectations in the following areas:
- Highly reliable with no problems
- Much better gas mileage than I thought -- can get up to 24 mpg on trips and averages around 20
- Engine is much peppier than I thought
- Handles well -- fun to drive
- More comfortable on long trips than expected -- seats are great and noise is tolerable
- Most rewarding vehicle I have ever owned-- puts smile on your face every time you drive it.
Don't miss out on owning one. I doubt than any Toyota 4 Runner, or any other vehicle, can provide the level of fun that a Bronco delivers every day.
Yep, those are great points I'd echo, all except for the gas mileage. I only crack 21 MPG if the wind is at my back.

The fun to drive, puts a smile on your face, and the peppy engine (I love my 4 cylinder paired with the 7 speed) are my favorite things about it other than its looks.

LCR_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 23 Wildtrak and coming from a 2014 F150 FX4, I am more than happy with the Bronco. It's more fun to drive and well worth the wait (2 years from reservation). No issues in the 14 months and 7,700 miles of ownership so far. Pull the trigger!

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,
I’m working a deal with my local dealer on a 24 4dr Badlands and I wanted some opinions before I pull the trigger. After reading some threads here I’m a little concerned about quality issues and problems. Anybody care to share their thoughts? I love the bronco but a little spooked by the various problems. Roof noises, electrical gremlins, etc seem to be common. Thanks for the input.
Between these forums and Facebook there are tons of people complaining about problems with all sorts of vehicles. I usually take them with a grain of salt because 99% of the issues are from a lack of understanding or maintenance or treating the vehicles poorly. I’ve driven Fords for over 2,000,000 miles and I’ve never had a single malfunction of any kind in all of that time. That’s not to say that it can’t happen, but if you treat your things right, they will treat you right.

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not a single issue on mine so far. That said, it's a pretty loud place to be. My wife finds the ride quality of my Sasquatch two-door to be a bit too firm but I certainly don't regret opting for that suspension. Sure I can feel potholes on the road but it soaks up bumps when you're flying down forest service roads.

So in terms of quality zero issues. But if quality includes a quiet cabin and comfortable suspension it might not meet that criteria. I'm happy with the compromises they made. I'd rather be able to take the roof off than have a quiet cabin and I'd rather be able to hit bumps at speed then have a smooth ride around town but I can't say my spouse particularly loves riding in it with me.

Sponsored

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / Mercedes E350 (2014)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To assume the internet is the voice of the majority, then I have no idea how VW has lasted this long.... I myself have owned 5 now in my life, reaching back to a 1987 GTI to a 2015 GTI and currently a 2014 Tiquan for my teenage son. All have been excellent in every way, NONE of the horror stories that roam the internet about them...

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm one of the people who had a significant issue (electronic brake failure). It took me months to trust it again, but other than my RX-7 this is now my second favorite vehicle I've ever owned out of 16 or 17.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

TxCatalystMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Porsche 911 CarreraS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I came from Ford Expeditions, Mercedes SL 500 and a Porsche 911 as my most recent cars. All very different cars. My '22 Wildtrak 4 door hardtop reminds me most of the 911, a little noisier than the others but also very peppy with the 2.7. It took me awhile to really appreciate the vehicle for what it is. It's an offroad capable beast that puts the fun factor in driving, but she will also cruise the highways of Texas, New Mexico and Colorado at 80 all day long and feel firmly planted. I guess it helps somewhat to be hard of hearing and a hearing aid wearer". My silver lining! Enjoy your Bronco, for you can always say, "I used to own one of those"!

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not to hijack this thread, but....
Would this lead to surface/cosmetic rust of major rust issues?
Also, would a ziebart protection take care of these components underneath?
What about undercarriage car washes on a consistent basis during the winter months?
I'm from WI and am a bit concerned about making sure my ride stays as rust free as possible. By the way, most of my other dailies have been "beaters" that I only wash once during the winter when spring time would come and the salt was gone...
Yes. Mine had surface surface rust all over the driveline components and some bolts.
I lifted it on jack stands, took the wheels off. Put it in 4X4 and just spay all the shafts and bolts using Rust Oleum rust reformer spray paint.
Undercarriage carwash cleans some of the salt away but not aways. It will help but not 100%.
I'd say if you have alternative cars to drive, drive them. I drive my Audi S4 whenever its raining or snowing. The car is from 2018. Undercarriage is still shinny. German's build quality is not messing around lol

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I enjoy mine but fear long term reliability issues. If I had it to do over I would have just waited for the new Lexus GX

Gregus73

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Silverado 2500 HC, 2023 Bronco Heritage, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So far pretty happy with my Bronco.
Came from Wranglers and an FJ Cruiser and do prefer the experience with the Bronco.

Have driven Denali and High Country trucks and those are more luxury cruisers compared to it. But you feel more connected with the road and can open the roof if you choose With the Bronco. The fun factor is higher with the Bronco.

LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cannot emphasize how much the extended warranty will be a godsend. I've already had mine in the shop for two electrical issues (of which I attribute to parking next to a Dodge and getting second hand electrical problems).

The first was a window regulator motor that stopped working in the down position on a 20 degree Christmas Eve in 2022, and now it's currently in the shop for an issue my dealer is clueless on. Losing AdvanceTrac and Automatic Emergency Braking and having a DTC that relates to "No Read on ABS Control Module A" should have been a clue to them, but I guess that isn't the case.

OP
OP

Ckochese

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a recent video I put out that may help you make up your mind. The cons list in the video has some small dumb things I don't like, but for the most part it's fantastic!
I cannot emphasize how much the extended warranty will be a godsend. I've already had mine in the shop for two electrical issues (of which I attribute to parking next to a Dodge and getting second hand electrical problems).

The first was a window regulator motor that stopped working in the down position on a 20 degree Christmas Eve in 2022, and now it's currently in the shop for an issue my dealer is clueless on. Losing AdvanceTrac and Automatic Emergency Braking and having a DTC that relates to "No Read on ABS Control Module A" should have been a clue to them, but I guess that isn't the case.
Sponsored