Sponsored

Consumer reports: Broncos selling for 1% over MSRP.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Consumer Reports might have been using Bronco Sport stats
Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe reservation holders on delivered units so far are largely getting theirs for MSRP or close, but new orders, two dealers I talked to recently were both asking rough $3K ADM which is about 8% over MSRP

Kenny H

Badlands
First Name
KIBUM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, FRS, Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to the article linked below, ADM isn't as bad as we have been hearing from the small sample size on this forum:

"Based on recent transactions, 2022 Ford Broncos are currently going for about 1 percent over MSRP, which isnā€™t terrible considering the hype and demand surrounding the Bronco, not to mention the extremely limited supply. . . "

https://www.consumerreports.org/suvs/what-to-know-about-the-all-new-ford-bronco-a3790433538/
I think because it's 2022 broncos.
2021 Broncos may have different stories.

BroncoZ13

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you were lucky that you had a sales guy ā€œhook you upā€ and you paid $10k over sticker ?
ā€œHooked upā€ meaning he called me before they listed on their website for $20k over sticker. Since it was a fully loaded, Badlands with SAS, they probably would have gotten their price. So YES, I justified the $10k over MSRP to have it that day and honestly donā€™t give two shits for anyone calling me out on it.

I wanted it, and purchased it under ā€œmarketā€ pricing. Fact is I could make $5-10k on it today if I wanted to resale but I wonā€™t b/c I Iove it! I work hard, make a good living, and live in a country where I can spend my money how I see fit.

sorry Iā€™ll get off the soap box, but really canā€™t stand folks hating on these forums. I like to read and see how people are outfitting their rigs and enjoying them off-road, not to read people judging others negatively on how they spent their hard earned $ or that they donā€™t like their aftermarket mods. šŸ˜€

Last edited:

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
A lot of dealers are not charging a mark up on orders, just dealer stock and unclaimed orders.

Sponsored

Bronco615

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Sonic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try walking into a dealer and getting it at msrp. I'm sure a few people currently waiting for their vin or order would gladly settle for an in stock unit today.
dealer down the street has 2 for sale for msrp. Blue metallic color and orange color

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Statistics can be flawed if the study is not properly set up... But I tend to trust CR. Not a guarantee though.
Unfortunately the CR section on price is entirely misleading, because 1% above MSRP is the average selling price of all Broncos (the huge majority of which are price-locked reservations). The average reader who sees the positive review and decides to go get one will have difficulty finding a dealer stock Bronco without a much larger markup. The author should have made that clear.

This is disappointing from CR in my opinion.

Breakz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The quote is about Broncos that are "Selling." All of these examples of 10k-20k over MSRP are what dealers are "Asking." I'm sure there are a few customers out there paying that price; but it's like saying that something is worth "X" amount because it's posted on Ebay for that price.

The report is likely accurate in reflecting reservation holders. I think majority of mark ups are going to non-reservation holders. "Based on recent transactions" can be left open to interpretation, and makes you wonder where the data came from.

Btw, my dealer gave me $1.5K under MSRP for my Badlands 4Dr Sasq LUX.

Last edited:

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer local to me has their outer banks mannequin for MSRP...
Sponsored