Sponsored

Consumer reports: Broncos selling for 1% over MSRP.

raptoid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Timely discussion. I just stopped today at my dealer to look at a non-squatch Big Bend. Window sticker was $37, 650. A second sticket said Market Price: $65,465. Makes me wonder if I'm going to have to walk away from my reserved Black Diamond. I worked hard on keeping the price affordable for me including passing on the Squatch package.
Sponsored

Elevator Man

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mercedes GLE, 2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most Broncos sold are special order selling for MSRP. The folks who walk into a dealership and grab a Bronco off the lot are the ones paying the huge markup. So averaging it all out, lot sales and special orders, 1% over MSRP sounds about right. As a person who's waited forever for my toy, I'm not too disheartened if someone has to pay out the nose for an off the lot unit. In fact, wouldn't you be kind of pissed if you've been waiting months and some random dude gets the same deal who just walks in off the street?

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to the article linked below, ADM isn't as bad as we have been hearing from the small sample size on this forum:

"Based on recent transactions, 2022 Ford Broncos are currently going for about 1 percent over MSRP, which isnā€™t terrible considering the hype and demand surrounding the Bronco, not to mention the extremely limited supply. . . "

https://www.consumerreports.org/suvs/what-to-know-about-the-all-new-ford-bronco-a3790433538/
All of the 2022 Broncos that havenā€™t been built nor sold yet are going for 1% over MSRP until theyā€™re delivered and marked up to 40% over MSRP

Turbo NY

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 outlander/ 1996 eclipse GS-T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know that dealership well, it kind of surprises me that they arenā€™t trying to shaft reservation holders for over MSRP.
Well, I havenā€™t taken delivery.. but was told that all Dealers are doing msrp if one comes in and the person doesnā€™t take delivery then they mark up prices..

šŸ¤ž they hold true to the dealā€¦ but I havenā€™t heard anyone else having issuesā€¦

Smashquatch

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Fusion 15 Patriot 03 Cooper S 85 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Local mannequin in Maryland. Itā€™s been there since early September. No mid package no locker 2.3 7mt. Didnā€™t know ugly Fuel wheels cost THAT much. And itā€™s definitely NOT gonna sell soon. 1% my aā€¦ā€¦ahem

69AA9FEF-3A1A-4871-BB0C-F57706DC406E.jpeg

Sponsored

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Averages can always be deceiving depending how theyā€™re used. I donā€™t doubt Broncos average at 1% over MSRP, but thatā€™s only because the ones adding dealer markup are offset by ones selling at invoice or under. But if you didnā€™t have a reservation at certain dealers that guaranteed prices or have a locked in price then the markup is def more than 1% anywhere. So saying just cause the average selling price is 1% over MSRP doesnā€™t mean the dealer markup isnā€™t extreme and as bad as described by others. Dealer by me had a first edition listed for $125k couple weeks ago, itā€™s gone now. Couple other dealers had Broncos with extreme ADM that are sold too, one had a big bend listed for $95k, one had a black diamond for $70k

Last edited:

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
According to the article linked below, ADM isn't as bad as we have been hearing from the small sample size on this forum:

"Based on recent transactions, 2022 Ford Broncos are currently going for about 1 percent over MSRP, which isnā€™t terrible considering the hype and demand surrounding the Bronco, not to mention the extremely limited supply. . . "

https://www.consumerreports.org/suvs/what-to-know-about-the-all-new-ford-bronco-a3790433538/

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Consumer Reports must have not seen the $10k" Market Adjustment" on each 2021 Bronco Corwin Ford sells in Eastern Washington? https://www.corwinfordtricities.com/searchnew.aspx?Type=N&Make=Ford&Model=Bronco

Screenshot_20211212-173524.jpg

Screenshot_20211212-173454.jpg

BroncoZ13

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% agree that dealers are averaging $15-20k over sticker. I bought mine last week and was shopping for over a month between about a dozen dealers.

I luckily had a sales guy outside Houston that hooked me up and got me a Badlands Sasquatch loaded for $10k over sticker which they were about to list on their website for $20k over sticker. And honestly I was happy to have it knowing my local dealer would buy it back for what I had into it since they recently sold two Big Bends with zero options for $20k over sticker!

PS If anyone looking to buy one, I have a demo reserved at a dealer outside Dallas for only $5k over sticker. Itā€™s a Carbon Grey OB 4 door non-Sas but has leather and Lux Package, soft-top. I have a $1k deposit on it, so hopefully I can send them a new buyer and get my deposit back. Itā€™s a tiny dealership so they were super reasonable with their mark up compared to others at $10-20k. Itā€™s a available 1/31/22. DM me and Iā€™ll connect you

528D9918-A5F7-4FA2-8478-9A43B49097CF.jpeg

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Try walking into a dealer and getting it at msrp. I'm sure a few people currently waiting for their vin or order would gladly settle for an in stock unit today.
Not for over MSRP.

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
I called around looking for in stock Broncos before placing an order. It ranged from $30K over msrp in the Chicago area to $5K over here in Grand Rapids. All the big-city dealers told me what a steal $5K over was. Not to me it wasn't. Plus it was red so...

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Those toolbags at CR probably don't know the difference between a Bronco, and a "Bronco" Sport.

Smashquatch

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

100% agree that dealers are averaging $15-20k over sticker. I bought mine last week and was shopping for over a month between about a dozen dealers.

I luckily had a sales guy outside Houston that hooked me up and got me a Badlands Sasquatch loaded for $10k over sticker which they were about to list on their website for $20k over sticker. And honestly I was happy to have it knowing my local dealer would buy it back for what I had into it since they recently sold two Big Bends with zero options for $20k over sticker!

PS If anyone looking to buy one, I have a demo reserved at a dealer outside Dallas for only $5k over sticker. Itā€™s a Carbon Grey OB 4 door non-Sas but has leather and Lux Package, soft-top. I have a $1k deposit on it, so hopefully I can send them a new buyer and get my deposit back. Itā€™s a tiny dealership so they were super reasonable with their mark up compared to others at $10-20k. Itā€™s a available 1/31/22. DM me and Iā€™ll connect you

Ford Bronco Consumer reports: Broncos selling for 1% over MSRP. 528D9918-A5F7-4FA2-8478-9A43B49097CF
Never thought Iā€™d hear somebody say they were ā€œluckyā€ to pay ten grand too much for a vehicle. Ford WAY underestimated the excitement people had for these things. Nice looking ride btw.

BroncoZ13

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey SmashSAS, thanks and I agree that ā€œluckyā€ sounds crazy! Was tough to pull the trigger for the extra $10k but is was configured w/ exactly what I wanted and my dealer told me Iā€™m probably 12+ months out for the one I ordered. Now that I have it, worth every penny!

Smashquatch

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey SmashSAS, thanks and I agree that ā€œluckyā€ sounds crazy! Was tough to pull the trigger for the extra $10k but is was configured w/ exactly what I wanted and my dealer told me Iā€™m probably 12+ months out for the one I ordered. Now that I have it, worth every penny!
Awesome you were in position to be able to pull it off. Iā€™m in the boat with those that are just gonna have to wait šŸ˜. Iā€™m paddling as hard as I can though lol

BroncoZ13

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you, and hope yours come in soon! Truly a blast to drive, love it!!
Sponsored