Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have an April 2021 reservation, October order and it's been crickets ever since. (BL 4dr, Sas, Lux, tow, 2.7.)

Really tempted to pull the trigger on that exact build--even my preferred color--velocity blue, even though it's about 1k miles away from my front door.

ADM is $10k. Maybe I pull the trigger and hope of getting most/some of that back when my own order comes in... (someday?)
Sponsored

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do as you wish, it's your money.
Also, people paying ADM's is a/the reason dealers add ADM's and couldn't care less if people walk away from their order over surprise ADM's.
:unsure:

No way in HELL I'd pay an additional $10K, it's not like you won't get yours, eventually.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess if you have the 10K that you wouldn't mind putting in your fire pit then go for it!!!

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don’t give away your money. ADM is just stealing

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So you're banking on getting back your $10k by selling when your order comes in??? That's a risky game to play. But if you have the money to throw away go for it and enjoy it now.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ADM wouldn't exist if people weren't willing to pay it. With that said there is no way in hell I would start that upside down on a depreciating asset. People are just foolish with money now.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Decisions decisions and yeh your possibly in for a long wait. So this is how I would evaluate the purchase🥸. Let’s just say you have another 6 plus months of getting yours. 10k divided by 6 equals$1,666.66 a month or $56.00 a day to have her today. If $56 a day ain’t a big deal for immediate fun and happiness than nice. And or think about maybe you offset the extra monies by not buying something else which in the end it’s only money that you can earn back another day. But and a huge BUTT what if your order comes in say 3-4 months from now. And or even something goes wrong with your 10k adm vehicle and she’s out of commission a month or two🤔. The smart thing to do is sit it out being I as many others started the process in July of 2020 and got mine January 2022. Your saying April 2021 which is not a year of waiting. It was 18 months for me and damn glad I waited for mine and didn’t buy one earlier. The personal experience of ordering your own vehicle and then taking delivery is something very special which you will remember the rest of your life.
And for me it actually played out to my advantage being at the last moment Hot Peeper Red became available for 2022 and I changed my color. Wow is all I can say on how the Car Gods looked out for me😎
Ford Bronco Found my exact build for $10k over MSRP a few states over 76068976-6532-4EFF-ADB9-20068AB3C080

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I suspect a lot of people that have Broncos now paid over ADM. Not everyone, there are a few lucky ones who got their reservations fulfilled and got one at MSRP. So if you have the money and don't want to wait, go ahead and get it. Vehicles are scarce, price and demand so over ADM for a scarce vehicle will not be uncommon.

If you don't have the extra money then you are stuck to wait (like me)- and I suspect the wait is going to be a very long one.

Sponsored

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you afford the mark up? If yes, then I say "Yes!" if not, then I say "Yes!" You can use some of that sweat equity you'll have saved up while you're waiting for God-knows-how-long on your build.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not worth it, the long term buyer's remorse will be crippling.

Briosabronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd go buy it! $10k over is a really fair price right now, and your build is full of constraints so it may be a long while before you get it. If it shows up soon, you shouldn't have any trouble getting $10k over for it, in this market...if it takes a long while, it could go either way depending on whether the shortages and chip issues, etc. continue. If ADM is "stealing" do the people who feel so strongly about that not sell their houses or their used cars at current market price? :)

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Don't forget to add in the cost of retrieving a vehicle 1k miles away.
You can always throw them a lower offer if you really do not want to wait, and don't mind extra cost.

There are a lot of dealers getting inventory models. A dealer called me to keep me posted what they have coming in. Not the higher end trims, but they had a BB and are getting a BD in a few weeks. I passed on the BB, and may look at the BD.
Dealer sells at MSRP

You may want to touch base with various dealers to see what they have in the pipe line.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have an April 2021 reservation, October order and it's been crickets ever since. (BL 4dr, Sas, Lux, tow, 2.7.)

Really tempted to pull the trigger on that exact build--even my preferred color--velocity blue, even though it's about 1k miles away from my front door.

ADM is $10k. Maybe I pull the trigger and hope of getting most/some of that back when my own order comes in... (someday?)
I'd never pay ADM. But in your case, can you get where you want to go now with your current vehicles? If yes, then stay away from the 10k ADM. Otherwise (and if you have no alternatives) maybe give ADM some consideration.

Look at your real usage of the vehicle, not some imaginary usage in your head. If you are getting a Bronco to mainly drive on pavement to the grocery store or whatever, and your current vehicle already gets you to the grocery store, then you are nuts spending 10k ADM for a Bronco.
Sponsored