First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Your Bronco Model
Base
In June 2020, I placed the $100 deposit for the new Ford Bronco with Al-Piemonte Ford in Melrose Park. On March 18 2021 I had placed a special order for a Bronco (base model + Sasquatch), that was delivered to the dealer on 8/17/21. On 8/18/21 the dealer wanted 20K over the 42K the sticker price, this is a 36% increase over the price of the car (See attached). On 8/21/21 dealer then dropped it to 10K over the 42K sticker price, this is 22% increase over the price of the car. (See Attached)
The dealer reasoning "Inflation" "we lost money" "Covid hurt our bottom line", etc.
The dealer hopes we do not pay the extra 10K, so he can list it for the original 59K, in order to swindle some other client. This car was a special order, made by Ford to the specification that I wanted. The dealer only has 5 or so Broncos in stock. He does not want to sell it to me so he can profit off my special order.
Also, this is a base model, that allows for an easier 20K mark up.
The other point is how did the dealer get the other 5 Broncos. I would assume these were other special orders where the customer did not want to spend an extra 20K on a car and gave up.

Side Note, I spoke with GM at Golf Mill Ford who states they are not increasing the MSPR for the special order Broncos. If the client does not go forward with the purchase, then yes, they are charging more. Personally, this is even harder to deal with. If I lived a few blocks farther north, Golf Mill Ford would be recommended dealer and I would not be in this mess.

1. DO NOT USE Al PIEMONTE in Melrose Park.
2. Get your final price in writing before deliever. If necessary, change dealers.

August 21 Dealer Final Price.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

First of all, welcome to the forum. We wish you were here a year ago and so we could have told you to get a price agreement before converting your reservation to an order. The majority of us have such an agreement for below invoice or MSRP. Just because the ford system recommended a dealer, that does not mean you had to stick with them. You could have shopped around before converting to an order. Regardless, you're here now and there is only so much that can be done. You can hope @Ford Motor Company reads this thread and offers a solution, or you could make a post on social media and hope it goes viral. Unfortunately, without a signed agreement for MSRP, there's not much else that can be done at this point, as it was suggested by Ford to come to a price agreement before finalizing your order. I really hope something works in your favor, this is complete bull shit in my opinion.

EDIT: I Mentioned social media because there was a woman in your same position that got some traction on Facebook. If I remember correctly, the dealer made a price adjustment after feeling the backlash of the internet.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In June 2020, I placed the $100 deposit for the new Ford Bronco with Al-Piemonte Ford in Melrose Park. On March 18 2021 I had placed a special order for a Bronco (base model + Sasquatch), that was delivered to the dealer on 8/17/21. On 8/18/21 the dealer wanted 20K over the 42K the sticker price, this is a 36% increase over the price of the car (See attached). On 8/21/21 dealer then dropped it to 10K over the 42K sticker price, this is 22% increase over the price of the car. (See Attached)
The dealer reasoning "Inflation" "we lost money" "Covid hurt our bottom line", etc.
The dealer hopes we do not pay the extra 10K, so he can list it for the original 59K, in order to swindle some other client. This car was a special order, made by Ford to the specification that I wanted. The dealer only has 5 or so Broncos in stock. He does not want to sell it to me so he can profit off my special order.
Also, this is a base model, that allows for an easier 20K mark up.
The other point is how did the dealer get the other 5 Broncos. I would assume these were other special orders where the customer did not want to spend an extra 20K on a car and gave up.

Side Note, I spoke with GM at Golf Mill Ford who states they are not increasing the MSPR for the special order Broncos. If the client does not go forward with the purchase, then yes, they are charging more. Personally, this is even harder to deal with. If I lived a few blocks farther north, Golf Mill Ford would be recommended dealer and I would not be in this mess.

1. DO NOT USE Al PIEMONTE in Melrose Park.
2. Get your final price in writing before deliever. If necessary, change dealers.

Ford Bronco Al Piemonte (Chicago) - Dealer Requiring 10K (22%) Over MSRP August 21 Dealer Final Price
THAT'S CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!! I too was trying to stay local (Gerald Ford), but they laughed at me when I asked if they could match Granger Ford (Iowa) at below invoice, they even advised me that if I went there for service, that I would NOT be afforded a loaner and I would be placed at the end of the line for service!! The nerve!! I know where I'm not going to service my Bronco there! I would hope that Corporate Ford would penalize them in some way to discourage that practice, which is why I went to Granger Ford, no shenanigans! Unfortunately, I'm one of the peeps who has his Bronco stuck at MAP until new MICs are made, so I'm not too happy with Ford already! Actually, I'm THIS close to ordering a Gecko Green Gladiator! But then I saw a Bronco Big Bend today near Rt. 64/Randall Rd, St. Charles, which now has me "toughing it out" for the Bronco!

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As in the previous message, the price should have been negotiated prior to the order being placed. However, I fully understand why more novice purchasers may not be aware of that. On the other hand, it would think any reputable dealer would make sure the purchaser to be aware if the final price will be above MSRP. Tacking on a market adjustment at the time of delivery is a huge red flag for an untrustworthy dealer. Let the dealer know you expect to purchase at MSRP and if they don't oblige, you will take our case to the court of public opinion: Google reviews, Facebook, and see if you can get any interest from local media.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... they even advised me that if I went there for service, that I would NOT be afforded a loaner and I would be placed at the end of the line for service!! ...
Guessing you were told this by someone on the sales staff? The manager of the service department could probably care less where you bought it. However, I still probably wouldn't consider them for service. The attitude that allows this rolls down from the top and likely infects sales and service.

Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Guessing you were told this by someone on the sales staff? The manager of the service department could probably care less where you bought it. However, I still probably wouldn't consider them for service. The attitude that allows this rolls down from the top and likely infects sales and service.
Yes, I was told by the Internet sales guy, along with his co-workers and a boss/management! When I get my Bronco, I'm going to drive through their lot with my sales agreement! The nerve of those knuckleheads! But you're right, the service department peeps wouldn't care less!

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe someone should create a master list of these dealers and have a giant social media push on them? Social media is pretty powerful these days and a lot of bad press on there about rotten dealers can get around quick. It has to all be factual and true though or someone could be sued for libel I would guess.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would talk to someone at Ford and see if they can help. This is ridiculous. I also went with Granger because I thought something like this might happen and they have been great to deal with, but your dealer should not be allowed to get away with that.

I would think that if they never mentioned this before then msrp is what you should be paying. You should let the dealer know that msrp is all you will pay. If they take the reservation from you then that would warrant another phone call to Ford.

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First of all, welcome to the forum. We wish you were here a year ago and so we could have told you to get a price agreement before converting your reservation to an order. The majority of us have such an agreement for below invoice or MSRP. Just because the ford system recommended a dealer, that does not mean you had to stick with them. You could have shopped around before converting to an order. Regardless, you're here now and there is only so much that can be done. You can hope @Ford Motor Company reads this thread and offers a solution, or you could make a post on social media and hope it goes viral. Unfortunately, without a signed agreement for MSRP, there's not much else that can be done at this point, as it was suggested by Ford to come to a price agreement before finalizing your order. I really hope something works in your favor, this is complete bull shit in my opinion.

EDIT: I Mentioned social media because there was a woman in your same position that got some traction on Facebook. If I remember correctly, the dealer made a price adjustment after feeling the backlash of the internet.
Welcome to the foum Ed, and sorry to hear your dealer is trying to give you the high hard one. Sadly the social media is about the only thing you have left. But, it is very effective. I would call Ford, and ask for help. I you can't get anyhelp tell them you going to bust everyones ass that is associated with this crap by posting this all over social media. Good luck, I hope you can get this settled to your liking.

BTW, this is a good place to leave a review also.

https://www.dealerrater.com/?__opthome=0

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Maybe someone should create a master list of these dealers and have a giant social media push on them? Social media is pretty powerful these days and a lot of bad press on there about rotten dealers can get around quick. It has to all be factual and true though or someone could be sued for libel I would guess.
Facebook/Google will delete the reviews. I’ve seen it with the dealer in Texas that screwed the one lady over.

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks. For most order holders, this is probably their first special order vehicle. Most probably assumed the price on the build and price was what they ordered and would pay. But you can never underestimate shady dealers. My original dealer refused to give be anything in writing, so off to Granger I went.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That really sucks. I can’t fathom ordering without having a price agreed to in writing, but it seems somewhat common with Bronco. I would push and push and see if Levine could pressure the dealer at all…but if that fails, I’d bite the bullet end let that one go and re-order with a below invoice dealer.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Facebook/Google will delete the reviews. I’ve seen it with the dealer in Texas that screwed the one lady over.
That is true, but typically, it still creates a big headache for the dealer.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WHAT THE FUCK! Ridiculous!

I’m really confused by the $823 a month for 72 months though. That is HIGH, I’m doing the math and the that’s like 9.5%?? What is your interest rate.
might want to check your math, with the 10K bump to $52000, adding County/State tax, no down payment (essentially worst case scenario to be sure) it works out to 2.49%

Not to shit on the OP, his situation is vile, but this scenario is exactly what I pictured and strove to avoid by going with Granger (the pricing was a factor, but secondarily.) I hope he gets it resolved fairly.
Sponsored

Last edited: