Sponsored

Consumer reports: Broncos selling for 1% over MSRP.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, not even remotely true. They're regularly 15-20k over msrp here in Dallas. I know because I'm on a dozen or so text/email lists that offer them and it's a known thing. They sell in hours.

I'm not saying Dallas is everywhere, but I assure you, no one here is getting a Bronco for MSRP that didn't order it.
Those are asking prices. Not selling prices. The dealers selling at invoice or below are delivering many more units than the ones tacking on ADMs.

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
Try walking into a dealer and getting it at msrp. I'm sure a few people currently waiting for their vin or order would gladly settle for an in stock unit today.

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol, nope. Not in Hampton Roads. Va Beach and Norfolk way over MSRP. Cavalier Ford in Norfolk wants $98K for their WT mannequin!!

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, not even remotely true. They're regularly 15-20k over msrp here in Dallas. I know because I'm on a dozen or so text/email lists that offer them and it's a known thing. They sell in hours.

I'm not saying Dallas is everywhere, but I assure you, no one here is getting a Bronco for MSRP that didn't order it.
Same here in Maryland. Ive seen anywhere from 10 to 20,000 over MSRP without any interest in lowering the price.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer is selling orders at MSRP but the two dealer stock Broncos they have sold as of December 9th were $20k and $22k over MSRP according to my sales guy.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealers selling at invoice or below are delivering many more units than the ones tacking on ADMs.
Exactly. While it's true that the Consumers article fails to mention that the sales are going to previous reservation holders, and that wait times for a new order could be very long, their piece is accurate in terms of prices being paid.

As with many new vehicles these days, and thanks to a low supply of automotive parts and raw materials, dealer lots aren’t exactly brimming over with Broncos. To make matters worse, we’ve seen some ridiculously marked-up models, to the tune of close to $50,000 over the total MSRP (manufacturer’s suggested retail price).

But don’t be deterred by these local—and ludicrous—markups. Most people aren’t paying anywhere near what the dealers are advertising. Based on recent transactions, 2022 Ford Broncos are currently going for about 1 percent over MSRP, which isn’t terrible considering the hype and demand surrounding the Bronco, not to mention the extremely limited supply of new vehicles in general right now.

Reactions: abe

Sponsored

Turbo NY

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 outlander/ 1996 eclipse GS-T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Basically that article is like the BS JD power awards for made up crap.
Agreed, who the heck has a 2022 anyways.. lol I think the are just referring to the price increase from 2021 to 2022. Not what actual sales price is.. my dealer at Peoria ford in AZ sells at msrp to reservation holders.

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the bulk of broncos sold being customer orders with advanced price agreements, it’s probably fair to say that the average bronco sold is only slightly above MSRP. that said, dealer stock units are going to sell for much more than that.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed, who the heck has a 2022 anyways.. lol I think the are just referring to the price increase from 2021 to 2022. Not what actual sales price is.. my dealer at Peoria ford in AZ sells at msrp to reservation holders.
I know that dealership well, it kind of surprises me that they aren’t trying to shaft reservation holders for over MSRP.
Sponsored