Sponsored

Consumer reports: Broncos selling for 1% over MSRP.

mbryant1985

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco (project)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ADMs are real...and high as a giraffe's ass.

My local dealer in the D/FW area (who is honoring the MSRP price for my Bronco order) has a Badlands on their lot right now that a buyer backed out on.

ADM is $10,000.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, not even remotely true. They're regularly 15-20k over msrp here in Dallas. I know because I'm on a dozen or so text/email lists that offer them and it's a known thing. They sell in hours.

I'm not saying Dallas is everywhere, but I assure you, no one here is getting a Bronco for MSRP that didn't order it.
It is true…they look at ALL Bronco sales, and the vast majority of those are reservations, which are almost all sold at MSRP or below. Your outlier stock Broncos push it up to the 1% above….but relatively few are being sold on lots like your little anecdotes. Most are ordered and sold for MSRP (or below).

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer is selling orders at MSRP but the two dealer stock Broncos they have sold as of December 9th were $20k and $22k over MSRP according to my sales guy.
Because the “sales guy” is always telling the truth. 🤥😬😉

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer is selling orders at MSRP but the two dealer stock Broncos they have sold as of December 9th were $20k and $22k over MSRP according to my sales guy.
Yep! My original dealership is selling orders at MSRP but they are marking up lot inventory to $20k ADM for each vehicle! So….my ancient math skills tell me that a $40k vehicle + $20k ADM = 50% Markup over MSRP!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep! My original dealership is selling orders at MSRP but they are marking up lot inventory to $20k ADM for each vehicle! So….my ancient math skills tell me that a $40k vehicle + $20k ADM = 50% Markup over MSRP!
As long as they're not screwing reservation holders, let 'em get whatever the market will bear, I have no problem with it...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jhuff

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, I didn't realize the debate this would start. 😂

Statistics can be flawed if the study is not properly set up... But I tend to trust CR. Not a guarantee though.

That being said, if the consensus is right, and that reservation prices are what is holding the average ADM down, that is good for us worried reservation holders... Which is the unspoken, but intended, point of my post.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is true…they look at ALL Bronco sales, and the vast majority of those are reservations, which are almost all sold at MSRP or below. Your outlier stock Broncos push it up to the 1% above….but relatively few are being sold on lots like your little anecdotes. Most are ordered and sold for MSRP (or below).
This is the answer.

So long as dealership uphold their MSRP pricing for order holders, we can enjoy that fact that the market is driving the value of our vehicle well above what we paid.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% agree that dealers are averaging $15-20k over sticker. I bought mine last week and was shopping for over a month between about a dozen dealers.

I luckily had a sales guy outside Houston that hooked me up and got me a Badlands Sasquatch loaded for $10k over sticker which they were about to list on their website for $20k over sticker. And honestly I was happy to have it knowing my local dealer would buy it back for what I had into it since they recently sold two Big Bends with zero options for $20k over sticker!

PS If anyone looking to buy one, I have a demo reserved at a dealer outside Dallas for only $5k over sticker. It’s a Carbon Grey OB 4 door non-Sas but has leather and Lux Package, soft-top. I have a $1k deposit on it, so hopefully I can send them a new buyer and get my deposit back. It’s a tiny dealership so they were super reasonable with their mark up compared to others at $10-20k. It’s a available 1/31/22. DM me and I’ll connect you

528D9918-A5F7-4FA2-8478-9A43B49097CF.jpeg
you were lucky that you had a sales guy “hook you up” and you paid $10k over sticker ?

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
In fact, wouldn't you be kind of pissed if you've been waiting months and some random dude gets the same deal who just walks in off the street?
If some dude finds a Bronco as I ordered it, and he gets it for MSRP, why would I hate on him? Isn't that my own stupidity for missing out on it? Why is this society full of haters? Like good God, it's a Bronco. A vehicle. This isn't important in the big picture of life. No need to be spiteful over someone elses good fortune. The longer I wait, the less I even care if this ever happens. The Bronco is cool, but I don't need one for my life to be complete. I sure as hell would not pay an ADM. If that's what it comes to, I'll have a nice down payment on a new likely non Ford truck. This fake inflated market won't last forever. If dealers want to burn bridges, then it should all come back to bite them eventually. FWIW, I think a lot of small market dealers are selling to out of state to get these huge ADM. Nobody in my area is paying an extra $10k-$20k on a Big Bend, but in certain markets with deeper pockets and less brains, it is happening.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, not even remotely true. They're regularly 15-20k over msrp here in Dallas. I know because I'm on a dozen or so text/email lists that offer them and it's a known thing. They sell in hours.

I'm not saying Dallas is everywhere, but I assure you, no one here is getting a Bronco for MSRP that didn't order it.
People in Dallas must have money to burn if your paying 20k over price for a vehicle.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The vast majority of Broncos sold are going to reservation holders. This report also shows that the vast majority of reservation holders are paying MSRP or below. These huge ADM Broncos seem to be mostly cancelled orders or dealer stock. As long as reservation holders are getting the deals they agreed to, who cares if some idiot wants to pay 50% markup or higher?

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's most likely an avg with the ones selling at or above keeping the number down

Reactions: abe

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
True story, (I asked to see the paperwork to confirm)
I was talking to the sales guy when picking up my Bronco and he was telling me how they had a canceled order. I stated that they must have been happen to sell it for a mark up. He told me the GM called the next person on the list with a similar build and asked if they wanted it...FOR MSRP! Of course I thought he was full of it and asked to see the paperwork, sure enough, he was right. I'm not sure what they are doing with the lady's order but I asked him to put me on the list if there are anymore cancelations.

Also, I was talking with a staff member when my Bronco came in and he told me that he was an early reservation but moved his order so customers could get theirs first. I told him that was cool of him (thinking his boss made him do it). Turns out, he was the GM.
I know there are some shady dealership out there but my dealership seems to be doing everything the right way.
Sponsored