Sponsored

Conversion Percentage from Bronco Reservations to Bronco Sold Orders

What will the Conversion Percentage be from Bronco Reservations to Bronco Sold Orders?

• Total voters

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When the price of fuel jumps to $4-$5/gal the list is going to shrink fast. I am guessing at 20-25% conversion rate. That may sound low but the reality of marketing that is a very good conversion rate.
Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Dealerships will LOVE this situation because then they can put it on the lot with ADM and make a fortune.
Supposedly there is penalties to dealers who are selling them to people outside of the person who reserved it. I can't imagine they want that
Most likely by this time the initial excitement will have waned and dealers will be discounting, not getting thousands ADM. Consider the reviews for the Bronco are glowing, you would think its the best thing since they started putting beer in cans! This will change once they get production models they can actually drive. Don't get me wrong I'm excited about the Bronco, but Ford doesn't exactly have the best reputation around as reflected in the professional and consumer reviews of other models. What happens if the Bronco starts racking up recalls and owners start reporting problems? Ford would do well to consider reliability and quality first priority!!! The real competition is Toyota, not Jeep!

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am thinking 30% with 40% as a high end. Two reasons:

1. COVID, with a huge amount of car loans and leases are in default (along with mortgages) I cannot image the market will remain strong in buying new cars. People in the service industry, winter construction jobs, etc. will consume their savings, many jobs will go back on lockdown 2.0 during the next 1-2 months as cases start to skyrocket again. The market will remain a mess for another year affecting 401K and retirement accounts where people are just not going to shell out $$$ for a new vehicle.

2. Supply: Now the current supply of new and used cars are slim and they are going for top dollar. With that, next year I imagine there will be a bunch of used cars flooding the market. The hertz bankruptcy alone will drop over 300,000 vehicles on the market including Jeeps and Land Rovers that are 1-2 years old with 7-20K miles for 50% off their MSRP. Throw in what they are doing for the default loans and people with loans they can no longer afford and prices should decrease considerably by the end of Q1 2021.

For me, even a Hertz Ranger Rover Sport HSE that listed for $79K that I can pick up for $42K a year old, I would have to think about a Bronco WT Lux at $58K + $4k in taxes with an interior that I current hate. Even the Hertz Wranglers will be attractive at half price for a 2019/2020...

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When the price of fuel jumps to $4-$5/gal the list is going to shrink fast. I am guessing at 20-25% conversion rate. That may sound low but the reality of marketing that is a very good conversion rate.
Why in your wildest dreams do you expect gas to increase over 110% in the next few months? About the only thing I could see that could make that happen would be an all out war in the middle east; the Georgia senate races going against the Republicans and the Biden administration announcing an all out ban on fracking; or a massive hurricane rips along the gulf coast of the US taking out most of the US refinery capacity. All of which I believe are extremely low probability.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1. COVID, with a huge amount of car loans and leases are in default (along with mortgages) I cannot image the market will remain strong in buying new cars. People in the service industry, winter construction jobs, etc. will consume their savings, many jobs will go back on lockdown 2.0 during the next 1-2 months as cases start to skyrocket again. The market will remain a mess for another year affecting 401K and retirement accounts where people are just not going to shell out $$$ for a new vehicle.

2. Supply: Now the current supply of new and used cars are slim and they are going for top dollar. With that, next year I imagine there will be a bunch of used cars flooding the market. The hertz bankruptcy alone will drop over 300,000 vehicles on the market including Jeeps and Land Rovers that are 1-2 years old with 7-20K miles for 50% off their MSRP. Throw in what they are doing for the default loans and people with loans they can no longer afford and prices should decrease considerably by the end of Q1 2021.

For me, even a Hertz Ranger Rover Sport HSE that listed for $79K that I can pick up for $42K a year old, I would have to think about a Bronco WT Lux at $58K + $4k in taxes with an interior that I current hate. Even the Hertz Wranglers will be attractive at half price for a 2019/2020...
I hope you're right, because I want a MY21 and those numbers would get me one...but my thoughts now are that it will be close to the Ford 70% estimate. We are getting close to order time, and not seeing any flood in cancellations. I don't think people just sit and wait if they don't plan on ordering this late in the game. Net reservation numbers are reportedly still growing...so people aren't jumping ship. The economy is a factor, but the stock market is up, people have a lot of equity in the markets. Interest rates are low. My guess is that conversion rate is very high.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hope you're right, because I want a MY21 and those numbers would get me one...but my thoughts now are that it will be close to the Ford 70% estimate. We are getting close to order time, and not seeing any flood in cancellations. I don't think people just sit and wait if they don't plan on ordering this late in the game. Net reservation numbers are reportedly still growing...so people aren't jumping ship. The economy is a factor, but the stock market is up, people have a lot of equity in the markets. Interest rates are low. My guess is that conversion rate is very high.
But this forum may only represent 5% of potential Bronco sales. We have no idea how many that hold the other 95% of the reservations have canceled or will never go through with the order or purchase. From that part of the potential customer base, with very little communications from Ford, there is no way even half of them stay excited for a year plus let alone have their plans change.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But this forum may only represent 5% of potential Bronco sales. We have no idea how many that hold the other 95% of the reservations have canceled or will never go through with the order or purchase. From that part of the potential customer base, with very little communications from Ford, there is no way even half of them stay excited for a year plus let alone have their plans change.
Then why haven't they cancelled? Orders start in 3 weeks. You might be right, but it is just speculating; you speculating on the psyche of the reservation holders and gauging their excitement level. I don't think you have a handle on that. I would go with Ford's estimate as it has likely been researched, and of course went to investors as guidance...and they don't want to miss.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Then why haven't they cancelled? Orders start in 3 weeks. You might be right, but it is just speculating; you speculating on the psyche of the reservation holders and gauging their excitement level. I don't think you have a handle on that. I would go with Ford's estimate as it has likely been researched, and of course went to investors as guidance...and they don't want to miss.
You may be correct, but what data do you have telling you they have or have not canceled?

Further, its miles from a $100 deposit, because they could, to cash down for an actual priced out vehicle order in December/January, that for most will well exceed $30K.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't hold out for the Hertz deal. They have already liquidated 180,000 cars (the bankruptcy court mandated 220K by the end of the year). In fact, they were so successful that they were able to pause their car sales program just a few weeks ago. You can still find independent franchise owners still selling, but it isn't the fantastic deal that one would expect. I just searched and the nearest to me was in Decatur, AL selling Jeep Sahara Editions for $42K.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m thinking it will be closer to the 40% mark. How many people do you think put in a reservation just for the chance of ordering one if they liked them. With the deposit being refundable it was a no cost option that let one keep their option to purchase open. Between then a d now a hundred things could have changed for them - so they just cancel and get their hundred back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As we move towards ordering in December or January, has anyone's opinion changed as far as what the Bronco conversion percentage may be?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As we move towards ordering in December or January, has anyone's opinion changed as far as what the Bronco conversion percentage may be?
I would expect a decrease in the percent. Yes the stock market is going up but job loses continue to mount and big companies are gaining while the little guy is losing. To me that means more folks are in the financial fence so they don't follow through.

*EDIT - didn't mean for this to sound political.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is around the 30% mark. I think more will opt to buy a lower model/trim package than cancel. I did but not for financial reasons but because right now I see more value in a Base SAS than another loaded 50K vehicle.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford itself doesn't seem to be doing much to beat the drum, and its difficult to get folks' attention during the holidays.

They don't need TV ads...they've got email contact info for 150,000+ potential buyers. Perhaps they're on the verge of a hype campaign?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Success for Ford is 100% MY21 builds from reservations - no dealer stock. If that bleeds into MY22, all the better. Demand with no available supply- perfect marketing. Interesting that the reservation book is still open. Conversion rates - the missing factor for dealer allocations that will impact some of us more than others.
Sponsored