Sponsored

Percentage of users that really need Badlands? (edit correction)

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nobody "needs" any crazy off roading rig unless their job requires it.

I wanted the most capable trim and that's what I got. First new car in 18+ years, not gonna skip on things. Who cares if I'll ever use any of the things it can do. Nobody's business anyway, LOL
Sponsored

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is my daily driver and road trip vehicle. As such I wanted the Lux Pkg and didn't want SAS. Leaves me either in a OBX or BL. I like the looks of the BL way more than the OBX so now I have an over qualified vehicle for what I'll probably use it for. Ford kind of painted us into a corner with the inability to A-LA-Carte options.
Yeah. I'd have gone Black Diamond with Lux if I could have. However, I did want the cameras for the trails. I'm glad that the sound system and sound deadening is making the badlands with lux a decent decision. Kinda went for certain specific features and lucked out with a bunch of others.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What % will be mall crawlers? 95%

What % will only be driven on gravel or forest fire roads? 3.5%

What % will see deep water crossings or deep mud bogs? .5 people that want to ruin their Broncos

What % will take part in serious rock crawling? 1%

seems about right going of the Rubicon crowd. Its their money though YOU DO YOU

Thrawn2k2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4d BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted washout interior (beach climate), and large screen. Forced me into a Badlands.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What % will be mall crawlers? I have taken my Bronco to shopping centers but never a Mall.

What % will only be driven on gravel or forest fire roads? I have taken my Bronco on both gravel and fire roads.

What % will see deep water crossings or deep mud bogs? I have crossed deep water and a small bog in my Badlands.

What % will take part in serious rock crawling? I have crawled a studious, somewhat light hearted rock. Maybe I just didn't look for the frowny guys hard enough.

The reality is most Badlands won't even see offroad use. But for folks like me, it'll see all of the above eventually. Happy to have it and not need it, rather than needing it and not having it.

Sponsored

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People should buy what they want , be it for looks, capability, whatever. Where I live in AZ I have a half dozen huge off road areas within 20-25 minutes of me. I go whenever I have the chance, and its not 1000 degrees in summer. The views alone, compared to what you can see from roads is worth it.

I will say that the Sasquatch package is a huge value, compared to buying all of the components aftermarket. Though, like any vehicle, its just a starting point if you are going to hit serious trails or rock crawl.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. I'd have gone Black Diamond with Lux if I could have. However, I did want the cameras for the trails. I'm glad that the sound system and sound deadening is making the badlands with lux a decent decision. Kinda went for certain specific features and lucked out with a bunch of others.
I ended up with the High PKG instead of LUX. Decided that if I'm road tripping, I'll take my wife's Q5 TDI. She like the Bronco more than she thought and won't mind driving it if I'm out of town with her vehicle.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted washout interior (beach climate), and large screen. Forced me into a Badlands.
I liked the interior stitching w/my 2DR Cyber Orange. Ford really limited the Interior selection.

For me, the Badlands non-Sqanch is a base to move up on. I’ll get a chance to feel the 33’s out w/a very capable offroader and slowly tweak it as I get more experience.

I don’t have any serious rock-climbing intentions until I can get a feel for how it will hold its own on basic trails. That is half the fun, for me… discovering places around me and learning a new activity.

I already enjoy hiking, biking, and kayaking… maybe the next round will be off-roading to complete the outdoors adventures?

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many of the 125,000 that converted will really use their rigs in situations that require the abilities of sasquatch and locking front diff and disconnecting front stabilizer?

I for one had to come to the reality that over capability for the cost was not a good buy, for me.

What % will be mall crawlers?

What % will only be driven on gravel or forest fire roads?

What % will see deep water crossings or deep mud bogs?

What % will take part in serious rock crawling?
100%. More of the arrogant view that to “really use” you have to go off road. You “really use” every time you drive. Total BS. Doesn’t matter. Never will.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't "need" the Badlands but I tend to drive vehicles for 10+ years. I wanted something I can grow into and won't have to spend time or energy finding the right set of aftermarket things to add to the SUV.

I've done the car modding thing before but this time around, I want something I can take out and play with immediately. I've always had to compromise on trim packages on my cars (buying them used, or never had enough money), so this was my splurge as my first, brand new vehicle in my entire life.

The other trims either gave me too much (Wildtrak) or not enough (Outer Banks). Amortizing price of this vehicle for the next 10+ years, it isn't too bad to consider you're getting so much vehicle.

I already have a long trip planned to Idaho with the guys, weekends in Joshua Tree, and looking at Moab too.

Looking forward to the occasional mall crawling session too.
I take it that you wanted leather, the 2.3L, and no sas? Otherwise what could the WT give you "too much of" and OBX "not enough of"?

Also out of curiosity what kind of financing or money-moving wizardry will let you amortize this truck over 10+ years? I've never heard of this.

Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What % will be mall crawlers? 95%

What % will only be driven on gravel or forest fire roads? 3.5%

What % will see deep water crossings or deep mud bogs? .5 people that want to ruin their Broncos

What % will take part in serious rock crawling? 1%

seems about right going of the Rubicon crowd. Its their money though YOU DO YOU
I’m in the 1%, that’s what the Rubicon is for. The Bronco will be for the other 98.5% (minus deep water and mud)

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I take it that you wanted leather, the 2.3L, and no sas? Otherwise what could the WT give you "too much of" and OBX "not enough of"?

Also out of curiosity what kind of financing or money-moving wizardry will let you amortize this truck over 10+ years? I've never heard of this.
Yup, wanted leather, 2.7L, no sas.

I would have gone the WT route but the damn thing wouldn't fit into my garage. There's a really low hanging earthquake retrofit in there.

The OBX didn't have any of the underbody plating that comes by default with the Badlands, I also wanted sway-bar disconnect out of the box. Turns out if I optioned a WT like I did with the Badlands, the price is about the same, around $400 difference.

Sorry, to clarify on the amortization, I'm doing a 5 year loan. My mental model is, rather than take the view of how long I have a payment, I factor in total cost of owning and maintaining this vehicle over the next 10+ years.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So why do people buy Shelby’s and Corvettes? If you use them to their potential, you probably won’t have your license very long!
I have both and use them to there potential quite often. Mostly during track days but sometimes on empty roads. It’s the joy of having them. Who wants to always puter around. :)

8A4582AA-BADF-4914-B4E7-4D6540A77D78.jpeg

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a Badlands. I see it as just like my gun ownership. Better to have it and not need it than to not have it and need it.
Sponsored