Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MT doesn't make noise but it's stiff going into gears 1-4.

Top whistles when it's cold, below 30F.
Forgive the ignorance... MT???? I'm assuming manual tranny...
Sponsored

mustanggarage

Badlands
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 65 mustang, 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had some weird glitching with my infotainment system, but I solved it myself with just tightening all the electrical connections and making sure all the fuses were fully seated. now It is perfect, knock on wood.

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Headlights come on randomly when truck is parked

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nothing to speak of, but I’m only 6 weeks and 800 miles in.

Sponsored

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2 door Outer Banks, 300 miles. Noisy MIC top, mostly resolved by stuffing foam in gap where panels meet, and rubber weatherstrip the gap where the back clamshell meets the body at the side doors.

2.7 not as smooth or powerful as I was hoping. Will address that with a Ford Performance tune.

The absolute worst issue is the dreaded tailgate rattle. Super annoying. Doesn’t happen constantly, only one some bumps and rough road. Dang it is distracting and taking the fun out of what should be a great vehicle.

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2021 2 door base Sasquatch 2.7
3400 miles
trouble free except I’ve developed the inside the tailgate rattle, tapping, or click sound. Seems to be getting worse daily…
drop it off at the dealer on Monday
if it continues it will make me get rid of it, which sucks because I love everything else about it.
Agreed. I’m a squeak and rattle fanatic. I love my Bronco, but with only 300 miles the tailgate rattle is making me cringe every time I drive it. I will try every possible fix to make it silent but so far, seems like a lot of folks have this issue and the only potential fix is spraying the hell out of the inside of the tailgate with lube, and removing the rear spare tire. Something is causing this rattle. Even though I’m just a hack at welding, I’m considering cutting an access hole in the tailgate, lining it with dynamat and welding it back up. :LOL:

mtrombet

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Explorer, 2011 Ranger Sport, 2022 2Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No problems yet, other than my start stop quit working..which to me is a blessing not a problem

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you trying to Jinx us? Is this a Jim Farely burner account?

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. I’m a squeak and rattle fanatic. I love my Bronco, but with only 300 miles the tailgate rattle is making me cringe every time I drive it. I will try every possible fix to make it silent but so far, seems like a lot of folks have this issue and the only potential fix is spraying the hell out of the inside of the tailgate with lube, and removing the rear spare tire. Something is causing this rattle. Even though I’m just a hack at welding, I’m considering cutting an access hole in the tailgate, lining it with dynamat and welding it back up. :LOL:
Take the spare tire off and the inside access panels.once the spare and carrier are off you can access the inside through the vent hole( after the vent is removed).

Sponsored

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Take the spare tire off and the inside access panels.once the spare and carrier are off you can access the inside through the vent hole( after the vent is removed).
Ah, ok that’s great advice! I will do that. I swapped out my Outer Banks wheels for Badlands, and the wheel/tire is pretty dang heavy for me, so I’ll have to rig up my hoist so I don’t mess up my back.

Appreciate the advice! Once I get in there I will stick the dynamat to everything I can. Might be a bit messy but, it’s inside where no one will see it.

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2 door Outer Banks, 300 miles. Noisy MIC top, mostly resolved by stuffing foam in gap where panels meet, and rubber weatherstrip the gap where the back clamshell meets the body at the side doors.

2.7 not as smooth or powerful as I was hoping. Will address that with a Ford Performance tune.

The absolute worst issue is the dreaded tailgate rattle. Super annoying. Doesn’t happen constantly, only one some bumps and rough road. Dang it is distracting and taking the fun out of what should be a great vehicle.
Have you installed a tailgate reinforcement on your tailgate. I've heard that having 35" tires mounted on the tailgate creates a lot of popping noises. I'm running 33" on my BD and installed a Hammer Performance reinforcement plate and have no noise.

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I installed the Rough Country reinforcement on Friday when I put on the Badlands wheels and tires. They are the stock Badlands, not the Sasquatch. The tires are 285/70/17. So probably not as heavy as the Sasquatch wheel and tire on the gate.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you installed a tailgate reinforcement on your tailgate. I've heard that having 35" tires mounted on the tailgate creates a lot of popping noises. I'm running 33" on my BD and installed a Hammer Performance reinforcement plate and have no noise.
Does this mean sas Broncos have a different tailgate?

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, they’re all the same and I think they should be good to 135 lbs weight. But this tailgate rattle affects a lot of Broncos, Sas and non-Sas.
Sponsored