Sponsored

Conversion Percentage from Bronco Reservations to Bronco Sold Orders

What will the Conversion Percentage be from Bronco Reservations to Bronco Sold Orders?

• Total voters

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think they'll hit 40%...for the reasons already stated, plus

> just like with the Tesla truck, it was cool to tell everyone at work you had one on order

> I'd guess Job #1 slips again...May?...June? Covid is running crazy & more lockdowns lie ahead. Lottsa folks will either need to move onto something else, or just become convinced its poor timing for a major purchase

> I think the pics we see from today forward - with MIC tops & clashing interiors, will be a lot less sexy than those circulated the last 3 months.
Sponsored

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well see what happens if this economy tanks and unemployment goes up there will be plenty of cancellations

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Know I've taken some lumps in the past on the forum for saying this, but since many of you already are, I'll do so as cleanly as I can.

What sells a vehicle like this to the masses, is when enthusiasts (who look cool, or authentic) buy, then that makes others want to emulate. For example, think back to when most guys over 40 started to lust for a Ferrari.... Miami Vice and Sonny Crockett. Why? Because Crockett was badass.

Think back to why you want a Bronco; first or second gen. Because the guys driving them just had a look and just did stuff that made you either say, "yea, that's me" or "yea, that's who I want to be like" Could have been your dad or grandad, or some guy down the street, but that person didn't look like he was trying too hard, that's just who he was.

My point? Any "cool" car is only cool because of those who buy them and that sells more cars. What do you think John Bronco is all about?

No matter the reservation conversion rate, it all depends on who gets their hands on Bronco first. If it's the crowd that is naive or will just cruise around in it, the "cool" factor will wear off fast. Very few cars transcend this effect. Ironically, Ford makes the car that defies this automotive gravity; Mustang. Everyone buys Mustangs, cool and uncool alike, yet it will sell because it's an icon.

We shall see if Bronco regains icon status, but I'll tell you this. Base level Broncos with stock wheels and no lift will not be the iconic type, so Ford wants the badass versions out there in the wild first. Squatched, OB, BL, WT, and the FE.

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
I voted for 40% and I base this off of the new cost revelations and lack of realism for many reservation holders.

Ford doesn't want to sell you a base (no one does), so they will erect as many barriers to you being able to do so.

Outer Banks, Badlands, and Wildtrak are what Ford want to sell you, so the B&P has shown they're pushing everyone in that direction. Personally think this was highly predictable, so no surprises for me.

Have said it on the forum before; off road rigs aren't cheap, that's why most guys build using an older truck or used vehicle. $50K-$60K is what you'd expect to spec a new rig with proper armor, suspension, and recovery gear. If you're new to camping, etc, you'll spend another grand or so outside of your rig.

However, if you buy good gear and mods up front, and actually take your ass outside, you'll get your value back in functionality and good times and more time to drink your beer and use that grass stuff....
I agree with almost all of this but feel the big bend will be the biggest seller by far to general public and I think ford planned it that way to force people out of base

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I voted for 40% and I base this off of the new cost revelations and lack of realism for many reservation holders.

Ford doesn't want to sell you a base (no one does), so they will erect as many barriers to you being able to do so.

Outer Banks, Badlands, and Wildtrak are what Ford want to sell you, so the B&P has shown they're pushing everyone in that direction. Personally think this was highly predictable, so no surprises for me.

Have said it on the forum before; off road rigs aren't cheap, that's why most guys build using an older truck or used vehicle. $50K-$60K is what you'd expect to spec a new rig with proper armor, suspension, and recovery gear. If you're new to camping, etc, you'll spend another grand or so outside of your rig.

However, if you buy good gear and mods up front, and actually take your ass outside, you'll get your value back in functionality and good times and more time to drink your beer and use that grass stuff....
BS. If Ford didn't want to sell Bases they wouldn't have made them so affordable. And they wouldn't have made it so easy to select all the options you want for your Base with no glitches, like the other trims are apparently experiencing. Or maybe those people are just whining a lot more.

The average person on the trail isn't going to know whether I'm driving a Base or a First Edition. From the outside, they just don't look that much different. Unless they get in and notice that I don't have a leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather seats, heated seat, cooled seats, power seats, or a built-in Cappuccino-Frappuccino maker with steamed milk in the back seat.

A grand or so for camping? I camp at least 30 times a year - have been for nearly two decades, in every season, at altitudes over 14K' in the US and thousands of feet higher outside the US - and I don't even own a thousand dollars worth of camping gear. What are you packing? A freaking satellite dish? A waterbed? A spa? Personal chef? Masseur?

I'm not getting the sway bar disconnect and I will never need it. Other than that, there is nothing I can't get from the factory or add on my own that will make my lowly little 2-door Base every bit as capable as the next guy's $60K rig.

And I will have a LOT more to spend on beer and grass.

You hoity toities crack me up.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with almost all of this but feel the big bend will be the biggest seller by far to general public and I think ford planned it that way to force people out of base
You may be right. Take for instance Fords recent ā€œpress releaseā€ on which trims are the most reserved. They claim the Wildtrak is the top reservation. Really? I donā€™t see how thatā€™s possible unless these folks arenā€™t serious and I suspect they are not seriously going to buy; thatā€™s $50K without any options basically.

I think the Big Bend is a purist example of the Bronco; so I expect to see that trim on lots in a few years, but with these ordered Broncos, the high trims will be pushed out first.

Over 5 years, you are spot on with Big Bend.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they get greater than 50% I will be shocked.
$100 refundable reservation is just too easy to give up.
Especially over a year from delivery.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BS. If Ford didn't want to sell Bases they wouldn't have made them so affordable. And they wouldn't have made it so easy to select all the options you want for your Base with no glitches, like the other trims are apparently experiencing. Or maybe those people are just whining a lot more.

The average person on the trail isn't going to know whether I'm driving a Base or a First Edition. From the outside, they just don't look that much different. Unless they get in and notice that I don't have a leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather seats, heated seat, cooled seats, power seats, or a built-in Cappuccino-Frappuccino maker with steamed milk in the back seat.

A grand or so for camping? I camp at least 30 times a year - have been for nearly two decades, in every season, at altitudes over 14K' in the US and thousands of feet higher outside the US - and I don't even own a thousand dollars worth of camping gear. What are you packing? A freaking satellite dish? A waterbed? A spa? Personal chef? Masseur?

I'm not getting the sway bar disconnect and I will never need it. Other than that, there is nothing I can't get from the factory or add on my own that will make my lowly little 2-door Base every bit as capable as the next guy's $60K rig.

And I will have a LOT more to spend on beer and grass.

You hoity toities crack me up.
Well, my Dometic was about a grand alone, so.....

Then thereā€™s the Goal Zero....

My current tent was $350 and is a year old....

I use a sleeping pad and a fancy cot to stay off the ground, but thatā€™s a preference thing.

Not glamping, but not roughing it Army Ranger style either.

For most of the guys on this forum, theyā€™ll be somewhere in between like me Iā€™d guess.

A cooler works too.

Reactions: sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You may be right. Take for instance Fords recent ā€œpress releaseā€ on which trims are the most reserved. They claim the Wildtrak is the top reservation. Really? I donā€™t see how thatā€™s possible unless these folks arenā€™t serious and I suspect they are not seriously going to buy; thatā€™s $50K without any options basically.

I think the Big Bend is a purist example of the Bronco; so I expect to see that trim on lots in a few years, but with these ordered Broncos, the high trims will be pushed out first.

I read that article this afternoon, and it's obviously bogus. It insinuated that the Wildtrak is what most people are buying, when no one's even placed an order yet. It's probably based on whatever people picked when they made their reservation, which makes more sense, but has no bearing at all on what people will actually purchase.

That same article didn't even mention the First Edition - I believe it called the Wildtrak and the Badlands the premium, most expensive models. So more clickbait, I assume.

I guess we'll see how it all plays out over the next few months.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If they get greater than 50% I will be shocked.
$100 refundable reservation is just too easy to give up.
Especially over a year from delivery.
I agree. I bet half the people who reserved already forgot they made a reservation.

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The article is probably basing things off the reservations and the email survey. The problem is, a lot of the people that chose Wildtrak did it for no other reason than it was the most expensive (besides FE). I know this because people have mentioned that in comments all over the place when assuming it was just the best. They have to have the best no matter what just to have the top. They had no clue that it's because of the standard options and the Badlands options out higher. It's like all the people driving Rubicon's and they never even see a dirt road let alone a trail.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plenty of double-reservations with only 1 purchase intended, long lead times until delivery, VERY low barrier for entry ($100, refundable), strong incumbent competition certain to respond with competitive pricing... If Ford converts half their reservations, they did good. My guess is 30-40%.

TTU86

Raptor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Iā€™m at 60% conversion rate. Iā€™m going to be changing to an exterior color to work with the interior of the badlands model. I was leaning race red but that just wonā€™t work with orange accent and red door panel in the 2dr model. Area 51 or cactus gray will be the choice

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well see what happens if this economy tanks and unemployment goes up there will be plenty of cancellations
And that's the harsh reality of it all! I'm sure it is also Fords and the dealerships greatest concerns regarding conversion rates moving forward ..
Sponsored