Sponsored

Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins)

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, nevermind. The Brandmotion installer listed on the Brandmotion website for Tulsa, Oklahoma that quoted $325 to install declined to install it after I dropped it off based on difficulty. They said something about removing airbags. Not sure what to do now.
Whoops, looks like you already tried my suggestion. Sorry...
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, nevermind. The Brandmotion installer listed on the Brandmotion website for Tulsa, Oklahoma that quoted $325 to install declined to install it after I dropped it off based on difficulty. They said something about removing airbags. Not sure what to do now.
Hmm, there’s got to be a way to run the wire without removing airbags. Even if it’s just tucked in between the a-pillar and the windshield, then routed behind the dash and along the floor boards to the back. I get that it’s a new vehicle type and they are scared of causing a blemish, but c’mon, they install stuff for a living

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure if @Packman is still monitoring his thread... :) Does the Brandmotion use the OEM 16 pin harness that is plugged into the stock mirror? From the install instructions, that doesn't appear to be the case so...if the Brandmotion doesn't, what did your installer do with the OEM harness?

OP
OP
Packman

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hmm, there’s got to be a way to run the wire without removing airbags. Even if it’s just tucked in between the a-pillar and the windshield, then routed behind the dash and along the floor boards to the back. I get that it’s a new vehicle type and they are scared of causing a blemish, but c’mon, they install stuff for a living
I don’t know exactly how the installer ran the wire, but he definitely didn’t have to remove any airbags.

OP
OP
Packman

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure if @Packman is still monitoring his thread... :) Does the Brandmotion use the OEM 16 pin harness that is plugged into the stock mirror? From the install instructions, that doesn't appear to be the case so...if the Brandmotion doesn't, what did your installer do with the OEM harness?
He tucked it inside the piece over the mirror. It’s there if you ever want to reinstall the OEM mirror, but you can’t see it at all.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Packman

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How large is the camera? I have the Black Diamond with the OEM steel wheels. The round holes in the wheels are about 1-1/8" in diameter. Concerned that this won't work without modification on my setup... Thanks.
I’ll take a ruler to it when I get back - I’m out traveling (by air - not overland in my Bronco 😂)

OP
OP
Packman

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nope, that doesn’t sound right. No need to remove airbags.

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
He tucked it inside the piece over the mirror. It’s there if you ever want to reinstall the OEM mirror, but you can’t see it at all.

Many thanks. I'd like to put a USB adapter on it so that should still be possible. ;)

OP
OP
Packman

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How large is the camera? I have the Black Diamond with the OEM steel wheels. The round holes in the wheels are about 1-1/8" in diameter. Concerned that this won't work without modification on my setup... Thanks.
The camera itself is a little less than an inch-squared. The top bracket adds 1/2 inch. The overall bracket can be adjusted for up-down, left-right. But if you have an inch hole, shouldn’t be a problem to have the camera peeking through it.
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) C6334C8F-C7AD-424F-AD9B-029CC31BC82D
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) B46E48A6-BECF-4B10-9451-915BC94452B9
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) 04ED4756-8F0E-402C-9E97-8D6F438105CB
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) 74636968-6BC7-4197-B975-4092A5EE6076

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The camera itself is a little less than an inch-squared. The top bracket adds 1/2 inch. The overall bracket can be adjusted for up-down, left-right. But if you have an inch hole, shouldn’t be a problem to have the camera peeking through it.
Thanks very much!

Sponsored

Mike_D

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4D Bronco BD, '23 2D Bronco Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I called Brandmotion’s “World HQ” location, and they suggested getting it installed elsewhere. 😳

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called Brandmotion’s “World HQ” location, and they suggested getting it installed elsewhere. 😳
Elsewhere as in different from where OP got it done, or elsewhere as in ‘don’t do it at home’?

Mike_D

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4D Bronco BD, '23 2D Bronco Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Elsewhere as in different from where OP got it done, or elsewhere as in ‘don’t do it at home’?
OP is in Hawaii, I believe. I called the Brandmotion place in Novi, MI which is listed as their “World Headquarters”. They would sell me the unit, but they wouldn’t install it. They suggested another car audio place in Westland for the install. Seemed strange to me.

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay, I just got this installed today. Not much time with it - just the drive home from 4wp, but I know I’m going to really like it. A button on the bottom changes it back and forth from a regular mirror to a digital mirror, depending on your needs. The display is clear and bright - looks great. It is also a front-facing dash-cam. You can record video out of the front and/or back cameras and also take pictures. You can set it to record video automatically while you drive (it saves over older content first). And set it to record if it senses movement while parked. Here are a few photos and I’ll write more of a review after some time with it.

Regular Mirror Mode:
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) 74636968-6BC7-4197-B975-4092A5EE6076

Digital Mirror Mode:

The mirror is a touchscreen… touch to bring up menus:

Regular Mirror Mode at a Stop Light. It’s a Toyota Truck behind me, but you can’t tell:

Same but with Digital Mirror Mode. You see so much more:

It performs very well at dusk. Haven’t tried digital at night… but if it sucks, you can just make it a regular mirror again. Sun setting in background:
This is a fantastic solution to two of my problems. One being the JBL soundbar that blocks most of the rear view, and when the soft top is folded down it blocks all of the view.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Packman Wanted to check back in on this to see if you've run into any issues. Is everything still working flawlessly?
Sponsored