Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine doesn’t reset to date..

But the picture quality is marred by the mirror image being combined with the camera.

Have the gm factory one in another car and it’s spectacular!
Alas.. not really I have top and doors off till the cold and snow come!
Is the factory GM one also a mirror or is it just a display? If both, I wonder what they did differently to prevent this issue?

Not sure if it's possible but maybe there is a film you can put on the glass to negate the reflection in the mirror?
Sponsored

Base_Squatch33

Black Diamond
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So is it also a dashcam? Does it record accidents and record when it detects a bump in a parking lot? Would be cool to have a dashcam integrated in the mirror so it’s not suctioned to the windshield, and you get a digital rear view mirror with a front camera as well.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is it also a dashcam? Does it record accidents and record when it detects a bump in a parking lot? Would be cool to have a dashcam integrated in the mirror so it’s not suctioned to the windshield, and you get a digital rear view mirror with a front camera as well.
It does everything you mention. Lightly bumping against Bronco will begin recording from both the front and rear camera for one minute.

OP
OP
Bee Bop

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Aman The OEM GM is just a mirror, you can turn it off by pressing a button and it is an ordinary mirror at that point. As Far as i know it does not have any parking DVR functions. I can check my brother in laws Silverado tomorrow.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just finished installing the Brandmotion fullvue mirror FVMR-1120. The main reason I installed it was to help the rear visibility when the top is down. It was pretty straight forward install. The only part I was dreading was removing the a-pillar trim, but it was no trouble.
8403A1D6-259C-4DBC-9345-E7B2DFB8C2B6.jpeg
96B9DEFE-8D6C-40B3-834B-BFE936C54C8B.jpeg

it is a pretty slick system you get a front camera built in to the mirror and an additional rear camera that mounts on the spare tire carrier. It has a built in dvr with parking function and the rear camera angle is adjustable on the screen.
How did you manage to install it yourself? I just received mine this past week, and the instructions from the manufacturer are PDF-only, and the images are so blurry that you can't even tell which trim pieces you're being asked to remove, especially around the door sill and the airbag. There's one install video on Youtube, but it's a 3x sped up time lapse of someone installing theirs, and only shows the headliner removal.

Sponsored

Peter_benton

Raptor
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Escalade V, SL63
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is the factory GM one also a mirror or is it just a display? If both, I wonder what they did differently to prevent this issue?

Not sure if it's possible but maybe there is a film you can put on the glass to negate the reflection in the mirror?
It’s a mirror and display..

Will get photo of both to compare this weekend

gm one is way better (no recording from mirror but that is not built in to all cameras on Escalade)

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@buck_6G See if this helps. it really is not that hard to install. I have not noticed any lag.
Man, this is PERFECT! Why Brandmotion doesn't post this on their site is a mystery. Not sure how you found this guide, but it's 10/10

Thank you so much

OP
OP
Bee Bop

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No Problem. I made it for a member back in 22.

Peter_benton

Raptor
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Escalade V, SL63
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’s a mirror and display..

Will get photo of both to compare this weekend

gm one is way better (no recording from mirror but that is not built in to all cameras on Escalade)
here is the GM one.. Will post the full view shortly

Sponsored

ntavera

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did you manage to install it yourself? I just received mine this past week, and the instructions from the manufacturer are PDF-only, and the images are so blurry that you can't even tell which trim pieces you're being asked to remove, especially around the door sill and the airbag. There's one install video on Youtube, but it's a 3x sped up time lapse of someone installing theirs, and only shows the headliner removal.

I used this video from YouTube: “Ford Bronco OEM Upfitter Switches Install”, here is the link:

Even thou it is not for the Brandmotion install, it does explain in details the most difficult part of the installation (at least for me) which is the Upper Interior Panel Removal. Look at the video in the minute 4:40 it REALLY HELPED A LOT.

Hope this help.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finished the install.

Overall, I too about 4 hours so as to cross-reference different sources of instructions. I found removing the top most roll bar trim covering the side curtain airbags to be totally unnecessary. Not sure why it's even a step in the instructions, because you wouldn't route the camera wiring that way.

The mirror and camera work perfectly (so far), and I'm hoping I don't experience any of the issues others on this forum have related, such as unresponsive screen or boot looping.

The most difficult bit was actually removing the sun visor. There is a a small torx bolt at an odd angle within a clip housing that took me about half an hour to get out, and half as long to get back in.

It's totally doable yourself if you're comfortable popping off trim panels; they're mostly held on with pressure clips.

As far as the Brandmotion Fullvue itself, the camera is not something you'll want to run full time.

1. The view is entirely washed out by headlights hitting the camera from rear traffic. I always turn it off if someone is behind me at night

2. At first I found the lag disorienting. There is just enough of a delay in the camera feed to be noticeable, but it's better than nothing if I've got the soft top all the way back

3. There is no real brightness control. Doesn't do anything, and this camera is BRIGHT when driving at night. Definitely brighter than the 12" SYNC 4 display, so keep that in mind

4. In really sunny conditions, you'll either be unable to see the video feed at all because of glare, or you'll simultaneously see the reflection and video feed.

5. MOST IMPORTANT FOR SAFETY: cars are WAY closer than they seem. Because this is a camera, you have no depth perception

Overall, in satisfied since I bought this from Northridge 4x4 for more than 40% off MSRP and it was a fun install that gave me dual front/rear dash cams - and I read tons of feedback from bronco6g users to set my expectations.

Definitely a good product that solves for some occasional rear visibility issues in a pinch, but not going to fully replace a traditional mirror any time soon.

PXL_20230925_002321648.jpg

PXL_20230925_002321648.jpg

PXL_20230924_191205742.jpg

PXL_20230924_175904820.jpg

PXL_20230924_175605101.jpg

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finished my install last night but now I'm getting a 'park aid fault' warning on startup. Has anybody else had this?
I'm having the exact same issue. Wasn't sure if it was related to the install, or merely coincidence. It's at Ford Service right now, being diagnosed.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finished my install last night but now I'm getting a 'park aid fault' warning on startup. Has anybody else had this?
Same issue. Did you disconnect the battery before removing / installing the fuses in the driver-side fuse box? Using fuses with the wrong amp rating can also cause issues, and lead to shorting.

sameoldeddie

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same issue. Did you disconnect the battery before removing / installing the fuses in the driver-side fuse box? Using fuses with the wrong amp rating can also cause issues, and lead to shorting.
I did disconnect the battery but my issue came from installing a bad fuse when I reassembled. Hope your issue is just as simple 🤞🏼
Sponsored