First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are radar detectors even a thing anymore, along with pagers? Doesn’t wazes provide the info needed?
JBv1 and a V1 are awesome. I see them LONG before they see me typically!
Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

V1 also has a remote display if I recall correctly. Hide detector, place display where you mant.
Yes that is true. But now they have apps for free that do the same thing on your phone. Like the poster saide above me, I just got JBV1 setup recently with my V1 G2 Valentine detector. Pretty cool as long as you don't mind using your phone for the info. However JBV1, only works with android (one win for Android) but it is by far the most useful. Even shows history of radar hits and Waze updates on a single map. Heck, it even tracks aircraft that may use radar! If running Waze, it brings the radar hits onto that map screen. It is a game changer ;)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes that is true. But now they have apps for free that do the same thing on your phone. Like the poster saide above me, I just got JBV1 setup recently with my V1 G2 Valentine detector. Pretty cool as long as you don't mind using your phone for the info. However JBV1, only works with android (one win for Android) but it is by far the most useful. Even shows history of radar hits and Waze updates on a single map. Heck, it even tracks aircraft that may use radar! If running Waze, it brings the radar hits onto that map screen. It is a game changer ;)
I picked up a cheap tablet that I use for JBv1 (Samsung 10.3" for like $130), it's pretty sweet having a 10" display, I use my phone as a mobile hotspot... This in my stripped F-150 fleet special.... LOL.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up a cheap tablet that I use for JBv1 (Samsung 10.3" for like $130), it's pretty sweet having a 10" display, I use my phone as a mobile hotspot... This in my stripped F-150 fleet special.... LOL.
Right, that is a nice setup and I would do that if I didn't already use Android for a phone plus I have the bigger sized phone to boot. Maybe down the road I can get one of those with a nice permante mount!

Of course, I don't have to tell you about all the crazy info JBV1 gives us. When I first got the setup I spent about 2 hours just sitting in my car playing around with the settings. I probably still dont know all it can do. Just crazy this is out there but so few know about it.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi , this has been very useful. I know the white wire is positive with ignition on but my tester gave out before I could check on the ground and the wire tap I have left over from another project is to big. Can you confirm in your picture that the ground wire goes into the slot with the blue/black wire? I think I can see it in the photo but wanted to be sure before I order a new wire tap that has both ground and positive leads. Thanks again for all your help. (y)

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right, that is a nice setup and I would do that if I didn't already use Android for a phone plus I have the bigger sized phone to boot. Maybe down the road I can get one of those with a nice permante mount!

Of course, I don't have to tell you about all the crazy info JBV1 gives us. When I first got the setup I spent about 2 hours just sitting in my car playing around with the settings. I probably still dont know all it can do. Just crazy this is out there but so few know about it.

I love when it gets the aircraft alerts.... It makes me pine for an SA-7 or Stinger missile to handle it.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Are the newer detectors better about the blind side monitors? Mine drives me nuts some days. Newer Chrysler mini vans seem the worst offenders.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are the newer detectors better about the blind side monitors? Mine drives me nuts some days. Newer Chrysler mini vans seem the worst offenders.
The V1 is pretty good about it... of course, I could make it reject more than it does by changing the settings, but I am lazy and pretty much leave it on Big L mode. A newer Porsche did set it off the other day. JBv1 gives you the exact frequency that's being broadcast, which helps too.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The V1 is pretty good about it... of course, I could make it reject more than it does by changing the settings, but I am lazy and pretty much leave it on Big L mode. A newer Porsche did set it off the other day. JBv1 gives you the exact frequency that's being broadcast, which helps too.
Thanks, maybe time for a new one or maybe with a truck shaped like a brick I’ll drive slower and won’t need it. Of course, that never really worked with the ‘95 Lightning and that was shaped like a brick as well.

Incinr8

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Dodge Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooo. Where can one get this mirror tap?

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Incinr8

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Dodge Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool. Anyone know what size taps are for the bronco?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool. Anyone know what size taps are for the bronco?
I just purchased this set from Amazon, which includes 3 sizes just in case. But after looking at the mirror today (I have the lux auto dimming version), I am pretty sure it takes the smaller of the three.

I actually bought this same kit for my other two cars a few months ago and used the smallest and middle size taps for them, leaving me the larger one as a spare. However, that larger one is to large for Bronco mirror too, so ording the exact same thing since I know it was a good product and has that smaller diameter version that I think will fit. Plus, this kit of three cost the same (or less) than some with only one tap. I hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Det...ics&sprefix=mirror+tap,electronics,201&sr=1-9

Ford Bronco Radar Detector Mirror mount and mirror tap 1636341606074