First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know this camera comes with the attachment to attach it to the rear tire area but is it possible to install the camera elsewhere. Don’t want to get rid of my tire cover.
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this camera comes with the attachment to attach it to the rear tire area but is it possible to install the camera elsewhere. Don’t want to get rid of my tire cover.
You can run the wire for the camera anywhere you want. It’ll just take some custom brackets you might find at the hardware store to mount it wherever you want. Maybe over the top of your middle brake light? Or drill some holes in the bumper. You can also pop a small hole in the tire cover where your camera would be.

HooverF16

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I got my unit replaced and it works great, except for after about 30 -40 minutes it starts blinking on and off. I've opened up the Fuse box and the controller box feels really hot. I haven't gotten an IR thermometer on it but I've noticed the box basically sits on the Defrost and Main vents for the Driver side. Has anyone seen this behavior with the colder weather?
I have had this happen to me also. Did you have any luck in resolving this issue? Thanks!

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had this happen to me also. Did you have any luck in resolving this issue? Thanks!
Sort of. I just bought a new unit and reinstalled it myself. it still has quirks, but less often. I gave the old one to one of our technicians who's building a rat rod and he took apart the rear camera and found a loose wire/bad solder joint. I think the QC from brand motion is garbage. My Current one will occasionally start cycling through the views non-stop and the part of the screen where the Back button is once you go to the menu doesn't work. again I suspect a bad solder joint but I don't want to take apart the mirror. The camera should be easier though.

Sponsored

HooverF16

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sort of. I just bought a new unit and reinstalled it myself. it still has quirks, but less often. I gave the old one to one of our technicians who's building a rat rod and he took apart the rear camera and found a loose wire/bad solder joint. I think the QC from brand motion is garbage. My Current one will occasionally start cycling through the views non-stop and the part of the screen where the Back button is once you go to the menu doesn't work. again I suspect a bad solder joint but I don't want to take apart the mirror. The camera should be easier though.
My first unit cycled through the views and became unusable. Brandmotion refused to do anything since I bought the unit on Amazon. Fortunately, I was able to return it to Amazon and now have the "blinking" issue. I live in Arizona and think it is the mirror unit itself overheating as it starts approximately 20 minutes after power up. I agree with you on the QC at Brandmotion. I think they are a substandard company because of this and the fact that they won't stand behind their product regardless of seller. Really love the product when it works right but frustrated with the quality.

OP
OP
Bee Bop

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@HooverF16 That is what mine was doing except in the GA heat. It first started with the rear camera going out on the mirror and they sent another one and it would overheat and start blinking. the next two did that same thing. I just gave up and bought an Ecomaster mirror. Basically, the same but it only has one wire going up to the mirror and adds a GPS link for time and direction. We will see how it does this summer.

HooverF16

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks Bee Bop! I followed your installation guide when I added mine and it was a great help! Is the Ecomaster basically the same? I know there's a GPS antenna as well but that looks pretty easy. Where did you place your rear camera? Thanks!

OP
OP
Bee Bop

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@HooverF16 I actually use the bracket from the Brand motion kit to mount the Camera on the Spare tire. The Echo master kit did come with brackets for the same location. I did deviate from the Ecomaster instructions though. They have you running the wiring up the passenger side and splicing into some wires in the harness at the passenger door for power. I routed mine up the passenger rear quarter then across behind the back seats and up the driver side. that let me use the fuse taps instead of cutting in to the wiring.

HooverF16

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great info. Thanks for your help on multiple questions! I'm going to stay with Brandmotion for a little bit before I pull the trigger.

Sponsored

PurpleBronco2.3

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With the limited rear visibility, every bronco should have this standard. I was thinking the best spot for the camera would be on the top of the 3rd brake light or integrated inside. Too bad there aren't any manufacturers making an add on-cam housing or a replacement brake light assembly.
I love this idea. Maybe could take apart the third brake housing, drill a hole in the middle do long as to not mess with the lighting wiring/diodes and out a mounting screw through the top of the housing. Also, it’s very possible someone has done this cover the last year and half since you commented this.

PorpoiseBlue

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Laramine
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@HooverF16 That is what mine was doing except in the GA heat. It first started with the rear camera going out on the mirror and they sent another one and it would overheat and start blinking. the next two did that same thing. I just gave up and bought an Ecomaster mirror. Basically, the same but it only has one wire going up to the mirror and adds a GPS link for time and direction. We will see how it does this summer.
Curious about the ecomaster mirror. I had similar issues with my brand motion. In addition to that, I found the brandmotion to be too dim during the day and too bright at night. How does the ecomaster compare in terms of picture quality and brightness?

OP
OP
Bee Bop

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@PorpoiseBlue It is about the same quality as the Brand Motion. I will say the headlights at nighttime do not have as much glair as the Brand motion.

HooverF16

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@HooverF16 I actually use the bracket from the Brand motion kit to mount the Camera on the Spare tire. The Echo master kit did come with brackets for the same location. I did deviate from the Ecomaster instructions though. They have you running the wiring up the passenger side and splicing into some wires in the harness at the passenger door for power. I routed mine up the passenger rear quarter then across behind the back seats and up the driver side. that let me use the fuse taps instead of cutting in to the wiring.
Well the blinking is getting worse and we haven't even got to triple digit temperatures so I imagine it won't be getting better. Thanks for the information on the Echo Master but I stumbled on an offering from StickerFab.

Any information on this?

https://www.stickerfab.com/products...creen-rear-view-mirror-with-dashcam-universal

Thanks!
Sponsored