Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Bronco Sport, Chev Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m talking to my dealer about windshield coverage options and he’s looking into it. I imagine it costs close to the price of a new windshield but I can see it paying for itself if it’s a good policy/warranty. Anyone have experience with something like that?
I got coverage with my dealer. They put on a coating to sink into the pores of the windshield which toughens it. It also acts like Rain X. The coverage is for 7 years or 75 k miles. It has a $5k limit so about 5 windshield replacements. It cost me about $500 so it pays for itself after the first replacement. I inquired about it after reading this thread a few weeks ago before I picked mine up.
Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got coverage with my dealer. They put on a coating to sink into the pores of the windshield which toughens it. It also acts like Rain X. The coverage is for 7 years or 75 k miles. It has a $5k limit so about 5 windshield replacements. It cost me about $500 so it pays for itself after the first replacement. I inquired about it after reading this thread a few weeks ago before I picked mine up.
Is that the PermaPlate?

CTS-V

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I installed dynoflex on my windshield when I first got my Bronco. I’ve been tagged two times on the windshield (heard something make contact but never saw it), and no damage to the windshield. I’m positive I would have had a cracked windshield without the dynoflex.

Sponsored

Revserved7.14.20_1000

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4, Audi Q7, Gt500, Ducati
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m at odds right now… so I was washing my bronco and I went to lift the passenger side wiper blade by the metal attachment rod, and the blade hit the antenna, popping the blade off the metal rod. The increased resistance caused my hand to slip off the rod and SNAP, right into my windshield… needless to say it caused a crack. I don’t know if I should be pissed that the wiper blades hit the antennas (design integration flaw) or if I should be pissed at myself. I detail cars so i knew to be careful but it didn’t matter. Literally the contact angle with the antenna is perfectly aligned with the removal grove on the blades… so do I eat the 1400$ repair, or contact ford….

sirvegetable

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just had my windshield replaced today. It also took pretty much 6 weeks from the time I contacted my insurance company to get the thing replaced. Now I have to contact my insurance company and see what windshield coverage with a lower deductible will cost. I cracked the first one with only 350 miles on the truck (then I put 4,000 more miles on it with a cracked windshield). I don't want to paying $500 each time because I suspect I'll be going through a new one at least every 2 years.
Doesn't Safelight replace windsheilds for like $200 and only costs us $100 because insurance covers the rest? That's what I've used to replace wind shields on my other cars.

Taylan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seem like the windshield is not Bronco tough. Saturday out on I65 rock to the windshield, 7" crack. Had the Bronco less than 90 days. Great way to ruin the mood.

Ts3794

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, I'm hoping that now that they've jumped into the market it won't take as long for the bronco as it did for jeep.
2016 Jeep Wrangler

replacing my gorilla glass next week. Upgraded from last replacement.
Maybe better, but, still not enough

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just had mine replaced this morning. Safelite did a fantastic job!

20220425_104122.jpg

20220425_104111.jpg

Sponsored

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As soon as I get mine I will install mud flap to prevent rocks kicking on the doors.

What about windows? Is there a product out there like cell screen protectors for Bronco windows?

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't Safelight replace windsheilds for like $200 and only costs us $100 because insurance covers the rest? That's what I've used to replace wind shields on my other cars.
It's often state dependent and what insurance regulators allow. The Bronco windshield replacement cost with OEM glass without insurance according to Safelight is $1,900. My insurance deductible is $500 and Virginia state law does not dictate a mandatory zero deductible policy for auto glass replacement.

FYI to everyone, I just did a massive roadtrip of 6,000 miles (Moab, Arches, Canyonlands, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, etc.) and my Bronco is now over 10,000 miles. I haven't had a crack or chip since that first rock at 300 miles.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's often state dependent and what insurance regulators allow. The Bronco windshield replacement cost with OEM glass without insurance according to Safelight is $1,900. My insurance deductible is $500 and Virginia state law does not dictate a mandatory zero deductible policy for auto glass replacement.

FYI to everyone, I just did a massive roadtrip of 6,000 miles (Moab, Arches, Canyonlands, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, etc.) and my Bronco is now over 10,000 miles. I haven't had a crack or chip since that first rock at 300 miles.
Ford Bronco Cracked Windshield A00B3C09-4CCD-4432-B21E-41BF7D5A5E43

This happened yesterday on the highway. Probably could live with it for a bit but can’t stand to look at it on my Bronco. Safelite coming out next week to replace for $810 out the door. Appointment time is the big wait now and not glass availability. Quoted other companies at around $1000 and they could get to it in three days.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This happened yesterday on the highway. Probably could live with it for a bit but can’t stand to look at it on my Bronco. Safelite coming out next week to replace for $810 out the door. Appointment time is the big wait now and not glass availability. Quoted other companies at around $1000 and they could get to it in three days.
I'd be a little suspicious of that since mine was also replaced by Safelite. They said the required recalibration for the windshield safety system camera requires you to bring the bronco into one of their facilities, remote replacement wasn't possible. It's possible that prices have dropped dramatically since December/January when the supply was nearly nonexistent, and it could be that Texas has cheaper prices, but I'd be on the lookout to see if they might be confusing the Bronco sport with the Bronco (they double checked 3 times with me to make sure I had the Bronco and not the Bronco sport).

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be a little suspicious of that since mine was also replaced by Safelite. They said the required recalibration for the windshield safety system camera requires you to bring the bronco into one of their facilities, remote replacement wasn't possible. It's possible that prices have dropped dramatically since December/January when the supply was nearly nonexistent, and it could be that Texas has cheaper prices, but I'd be on the lookout to see if they might be confusing the Bronco sport with the Bronco (they double checked 3 times with me to make sure I had the Bronco and not the Bronco sport).
Yep. They asked all kinds of questions to confirm and had me submit my VIN.
Ford Bronco Cracked Windshield 6C22691A-ED87-4868-93C1-59D05210AE15
Sponsored