Sponsored

Creaking sound coming from the back of my 2 door bronco???

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2dr OBX does the same- very annoying. With the tailgate open, I can “shake” the tailgate and hear it as well. Sounds like it’s coming from the gas strut that holds the tailgate, but who knows
That's a different problem to the one I had.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got tired of applying a new coat of Super Lube every other week in order to keep the rubber seal quiet, so I decided to go a different route and applied a stretch of brush weather stripping along the top edge of the swing gate. No squeaks, no leaks, and no more lubing.

PXL_20230426_225114854.jpg

PXL_20230426_225127810.jpg
This solution/product worked for me! Thanks for posting. It’s a clean install too and looks factory. No more going crazy trying to find my creaking.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok tried the lube, didn’t work. Tried the fabric tape across the sealing surface of the tailgate, didn’t work. Drove with the glass up and still got the ticking so it has nothing to do with the surface where the tailgate meets the glass. Took off the spare…ticking went away 10000%!!! So I’m now troubleshooting that aspect. The weight of the spare is causing the tick somehow. Just need to pinpoint where. Will keep y’all updated.
So you have a totally different problem than the rubber seal squeaking/creaking. Many of us have/had this same internal ticking/rattling from the tailgate. Well documented in this thread. Many of us fixed it by coating the tailgate internally with WD40 white lithium lube.

(1) Gnarly tailgate rattle | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Ford now has a TSB and will replace the tailgate. I am hoping my lube will wear off soon so I can get the tailgate replaced. Dealer said they need to see the issue before replacement. I dont regret dousing it with lube though, I would of sold the Bronco by now if I wasnt able to remedy it.

(1) Tailgate rattle TSB for 2021-2022 Broncos built on or before July 25, 2022 | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So you have a totally different problem than the rubber seal squeaking/creaking. Many of us have/had this same internal ticking/rattling from the tailgate. Well documented in this thread. Many of us fixed it by coating the tailgate internally with WD40 white lithium lube.

(1) Gnarly tailgate rattle | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Ford now has a TSB and will replace the tailgate. I am hoping my lube will wear off soon so I can get the tailgate replaced. Dealer said they need to see the issue before replacement. I dont regret dousing it with lube though, I would of sold the Bronco by now if I wasnt able to remedy it.

(1) Tailgate rattle TSB for 2021-2022 Broncos built on or before July 25, 2022 | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

I also sprayed mine with lithium grease and it sure as hell got rid of the tapping on mine. A week later that damn TSB came out, perfect gaw dang timing. I dropped mine off last week for that Pinion Seal Leak and mentioned the tailgate hoping they “fix” it. I tried spraying alcohol in the tailgate hoping it would get rid of the grease so the tapping could come back for the dealership to see but no luck. That damn grease sure did the trick! Oh well we’ll see what they say.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I also sprayed mine with lithium grease and it sure as hell got rid of the tapping on mine. A week later that damn TSB came out, perfect gaw dang timing. I dropped mine off last week for that Pinion Seal Leak and mentioned the tailgate hoping they “fix” it. I tried spraying alcohol in the tailgate hoping it would get rid of the grease so the tapping could come back for the dealership to see but no luck. That damn grease sure did the trick! Oh well we’ll see what they say.
Ha! I was thinking about doing the same, get some solvent in there to bring the ticking back! Thanks for letting me know that didn't work lol. Yes the lithium definitely did the trick, but I don't want this faulty tailgate, will get it replaced one way or another! Let us know what the dealer says for yours.

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This solution/product worked for me! Thanks for posting. It’s a clean install too and looks factory. No more going crazy trying to find my creaking.
You're very welcome!

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ha! I was thinking about doing the same, get some solvent in there to bring the ticking back! Thanks for letting me know that didn't work lol. Yes the lithium definitely did the trick, but I don't want this faulty tailgate, will get it replaced one way or another! Let us know what the dealer says for yours.
Yea and I soaked the crap out of the inside of it, had IPA all dripping out of the bottom of the tailgate and still nothing. If anything I mentioned it because it wanted it on record that I stated it was an issue, even if they don’t hear it now. That way when/if it does ever come back I’ll have some history there.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You're very welcome!
So after I installed the brushed weather stripping, it worked great. I went off-roading yesterday, so obviously a lot more bouncing and movement, and today the creaking is back. I checked on my weather stripping and it has been "forced/pushed" down a bit from where I originally installed it (I installed it basically flush with the top of the tailgate). I guess that makes sense, since we know there is a lot of movement in this area, hence the creaking, but I wasn't expecting it to be pushed down from it, especially since I though I did a pretty good job prepping the area for adhesion. So I'm kind of at a loss now, other than to just re-do the weatherstripping again. I may try some adhesion promoter this time, or even try to double up the weatherstripping.

Anyone else run into this issue re-occurring with the weatherstripping? Thank you.

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So after I installed the brushed weather stripping, it worked great. I went off-roading yesterday, so obviously a lot more bouncing and movement, and today the creaking is back. I checked on my weather stripping and it has been "forced/pushed" down a bit from where I originally installed it (I installed it basically flush with the top of the tailgate). I guess that makes sense, since we know there is a lot of movement in this area, hence the creaking, but I wasn't expecting it to be pushed down from it, especially since I though I did a pretty good job prepping the area for adhesion. So I'm kind of at a loss now, other than to just re-do the weatherstripping again. I may try some adhesion promoter this time, or even try to double up the weatherstripping.

Anyone else run into this issue re-occurring with the weatherstripping? Thank you.
That's a bummer:(
Mine hasn't moved a bit. Still no creaking.
Sponsored