Current Ordering Situation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MDX | 2015 TLX | 1993 YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys!

I just wanted to tell y’all my situation so far! I’m welcome to any advice! I live in Auburn, AL and we have 2 local Ford dealers. I did not reserve a Bronco but I want a 4 door Badlands SAS soft stop.

I called the first dealership just to see if they have the demo listed on their website available for me to test drive. The salesman told me the owner was driving it so it wasn’t available for test drives. He then told me it would take 3 to 4 years to get a Bronco and they are being marked up $60,000 to $100,000 over MSRP.

So I call the 2nd dealership and spoke with them about a test drive. They said they currently do not have one in stock but they did sell their first mannequin last month. I asked if they marked it up and he said they did did mark it up $2,500. He said he would call me as soon as they get one in for me to test drive. I asked him if they would mark up one if I booked my reservation through them and he said no. But I know to get this is writing if I get to that point with them.

I fully expect if I place an order for a 22 soft top this year that I will be waiting until the end of 22 most likely.

I appreciate all of the great info y’all post and I look forward to sharing this journey with y’all!
Sponsored

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey guys!

I called the first dealership just to see if they have the demo listed on their website available for me to test drive. The salesman told me the owner was driving it so it wasn’t available for test drives. He then told me it would take 3 to 4 years to get a Bronco and they are being marked up $60,000 to $100,000 over MSRP.
Sounds like the first dealer doesn't want to sell you a Bronco

OP
OP
WarEagleBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like the first dealer doesn't want to sell you a Bronco
That’s the vibe I got from them. He didn’t even ask about taking my info or trying to see if I wanted to order one. I didn’t even say anything I just thanked him for his time. Im glad I discovered this now and not when I was trying to place an order.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As a heads up, it's very possible that ordering the soft-top won't get you your Bronco in '22. If we can assume that MIC 2.0 has solved hard-top production problems and no longer places a constraint on hardtop orders, there are >100,000 earlier Bronco reservations to fill in 2022.

OP
OP
WarEagleBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a heads up, it's very possible that ordering the soft-top won't get you your Bronco in '22. If we can assume that MIC 2.0 has solved hard-top production problems and no longer places a constraint on hardtop orders, there are >100,000 earlier Bronco reservations to fill in 2022.
Thank you for the heads up! Thankfully I am in a good spot with our current cars and I’m fine waiting a little over a year. I’m just hoping I can keep this attitude once I test drive one haha.

Sponsored

Hillyard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 4x4, SVTF, Mazda3, Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From all the interest in the Bronco and the fact Ford is making a Raptor version, I hope this thing is around for a while. I've convinced myself to wait and see what options are available in 2022 (get the kinks out) and order one towards the end of that year.

Hopefully some of the mark-up and scarcity will fade away. The dealerships did this to the Focus RS too, wouldn't even take it off the show-room floor for a test drive. Then most dealerships were marking them down below msrp to get rid of them.

OP
OP
WarEagleBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From all the interest in the Bronco and the fact Ford is making a Raptor version, I hope this thing is around for a while. I've convinced myself to wait and see what options are available in 2022 (get the kinks out) and order one towards the end of that year.

Hopefully some of the mark-up and scarcity will fade away. The dealerships did this to the Focus RS too, wouldn't even take it off the show-room floor for a test drive. Then most dealerships were marking them down below msrp to get rid of them.
I sure hope that’s the case. I have a feeling once people start seeing the full size Broncos driving around demand will go way up! Everyone I know thinks the Bronco Sport is the only new Bronco.

OP
OP
WarEagleBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they said that to you, it is 100% hyperbole.

No one is paying $100k over MSRP. They may be paying $100k, but not on top of MSRP.
When he said that I almost knew he didn’t care about my business. Like most people have said on here, we know more than most salesmen.

Sponsored

Buck_um42

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep a check at dealerships within a reasonable distance from you. The Ford dealership in Cullman had 2 delivered yesterday and were sold for MSRP. Not all are bad, but definitely a few out there.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I sure hope that’s the case. I have a feeling once people start seeing the full size Broncos driving around demand will go way up! Everyone I know thinks the Bronco Sport is the only new Bronco.
It's a massed produce vehicle, they will be everywhere just like the jeep.
Sponsored