Sponsored

In need of advice on how to proceed with my current bronco situation..

OP
OP
RockCrawler*_81

RockCrawler*_81

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The order sheet but it’s signed by myself and the gm. He wouldn’t give me a formal buyers agreement since he said they were not doing that.
Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely don't sign. There is no reason to make anything easier for them. Unfortunately, Ford isn't interested in helping reign these dealers in. Ford is only able to negatively influence dealers that are charging less than MSRP. So, ignore whatever press you may have read of Ford trying to distance themselves and save face. Ford is complicit.
By the time you can get the dealer before a court, that particular Bronco will likely be long gone. You can attempt the social media scorched earth attack, but make sure that everything is factually correct and don't expect the dealer to cave. If they do, great but don't expect it. At worst, it serves as a warning for others regarding this dealer.
If it were me and I still wanted a Bronco, there are some dealers on this forum that I wouldn't hesitate to give them my business. Reorder when the books open with a proven, reliable dealer and enjoy the Bronco at the price you expect when it's delivered. I'm sorry for the shitty dealer experience that you are having. It sucks.

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is exactly 0 increased cost to the dealer for an increase in material costs.

W/o intervention from Ford you're not getting it at MSRP. They want you to sign so they don't get dinged on name match. Under no circumstances do you sign anything saying you don't want the Bronco.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The order sheet but it’s signed by myself and the gm. He wouldn’t give me a formal buyers agreement since he said they were not doing that.
Ah so then no price agreement was made other than the verbal agreement.

That makes it difficult—sorry about this. Not much you can do unforunitely. You can try to contact Ford, but since you didn't get a signed buyers order or purchase agreement on pricing there probably isn't much Ford can do.

So your best option—unfortunately—is probably going to be the "give 'em hell on social media" approach. Just be careful while doing it, things have gotten out of hand in the past.

OP
OP
RockCrawler*_81

RockCrawler*_81

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

That makes it difficult—sorry about this. Not much you can do unforunitely. You can try to contact Ford, but since you didn't get a signed buyers order or purchase agreement on pricing there probably isn't much Ford can do.

So your best option—unfortunately—is probably going to be the "give 'em hell on social media" approach. Just be careful while doing it, things have gotten out of hand in the past.
I do have a signed order sheet by myself and the gm. But they’re not willing to honor it because of supply and demand price increase according to them

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go scorched earth and start by posting the agreement both of you signed to Google reviews, yelp, etc.

Can't believe this guy would go back on his word. He looks so honest.
Ford Bronco In need of advice on how to proceed with my current bronco situation.. Screenshot_20220624-205105

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do have a signed order sheet by myself and the gm. But they’re not willing to honor it because of supply and demand price increase according to them
The signed order sheet does not guarantee pricing. Here are my sheets from 2021 as an example (these are both null and void because I got pushed to 2022).

WBDO order sheet. Does NOT guarantee pricing, all this does is confirm the order was submitted correctly.
Ford Bronco In need of advice on how to proceed with my current bronco situation.. 1656123244684

Purchase agreement. This DOES guarantee pricing. Each dealer will have a slightly different sheet, but note it lists the actual selling price of the vehicle (not the MSRP), as well as any additional options and dealer documentation fees I should expect (which my dealer lists as a conveyance fee).
Ford Bronco In need of advice on how to proceed with my current bronco situation.. 1656123354219

OP
OP
RockCrawler*_81

RockCrawler*_81

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

The signed order sheet does not guarantee pricing. Here are my sheets from 2021 as an example (these are both null and void because I got pushed to 2022).

WBDO order sheet. Does NOT guarantee pricing, all this does is confirm the order was submitted correctly.
Ford Bronco In need of advice on how to proceed with my current bronco situation.. 1656123354219

Purchase agreement. This DOES guarantee pricing. Each dealer will have a slightly different sheet, but note it lists the actual selling price of the vehicle (not the MSRP), as well as any additional options and dealer documentation fees I should expect (which my dealer lists as a conveyance fee).
So I just got a call from the sales guy and he’s telling that the price increase is because I got the 22 and the 21. Well that’s not my fault since Ford pushed me a year out. This is exactly the contact agreement I asked the guy for and said they weren’t doing that. Instead he signed and I signed the order summary sheet and said that it guaranteed the msrp total price. And even gave me his word a dozen times that there be no price markup.

OP
OP
RockCrawler*_81

RockCrawler*_81

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, so you got burned. Sucks.

But since you got nothing else to lose at this point… play their game for a bit. The MSRP on the Outer Banks only went up $1500 on the 4-door Outer Banks between 2021 and 2022. You said in your first post that they are charging $7400 more. Obviously that’s a lot more than $1500. Wonder how they are going to justify that additional $5900.
Yeah, so you got burned. Sucks.

But since you got nothing else to lose at this point… play their game for a bit. The MSRP on the Outer Banks only went up $1500 on the 4-door Outer Banks between 2021 and 2022. You said in your first post that they are charging $7400 more. Obviously that’s a lot more than $1500. Wonder how they are going to justify that additional $5900.
They’re telling me that the price increase is because of the model year. And I have this letter from ford and they’re still playing games.
Ford Bronco In need of advice on how to proceed with my current bronco situation.. DFF4C9BB-278F-4A00-BE23-FE4ADC56098E

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dundee Ford in Dundee IL. They did the same to the some other guy and sold his bronco to someone else last week according to the sales guy…
@Ford Motor Company You really need to do something about this. You're losing customers. Customers that are being very vocal and letting other people know what crud ford is pulling and convincing them to go to other brands as well. The dealers may be 'independent frachises' or whatever, but in the eyes of the public that dealer is FORD. That giant FORD sign says they are YOU. And people are deciding to go to other brands where they won't get jerked around.

Sponsored

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why are there two threads on this?

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I just got a call from the sales guy and he’s telling that the price increase is because I got the 22 and the 21. Well that’s not my fault since Ford pushed me a year out. This is exactly the contact agreement I asked the guy for and said they weren’t doing that. Instead he signed and I signed the order summary sheet and said that it guaranteed the msrp total price. And even gave me his word a dozen times that there be no price markup.
When did you reserve and when did you first order? This is only a small piece of the puzzle, but worth clarifilying.

OP
OP
RockCrawler*_81

RockCrawler*_81

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When did you reserve and when did you first order? This is only a small piece of the puzzle, but worth clarifilying.
I reserved on 9/27/2020 and my order was placed on 3/13/21.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, you are not the only that must deal with this. You have a contract! Might be tough to prove, but signed purchase agreement sounds convincing to me. I would strongly suggest appeal to a higher level manger if not the GM. If that doesn’t go well, I would scorch earth those guys. Ask the forum to flame the dealership ratings. Put in a bbb complaint. All that pressure can work for a possible good outcome. Technically you could pursue legally, but the incremental effort might not be worth the hassle.
Unfortunately he does not have a signed Purchase Agreement, he only has a signed Sales Order, and that means nothing from a legality standpoint.
Sponsored