First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I just installed the curt trailer wiring harness into my Bronco last Wednesday and everything works great except for one issue. When I hit on the right blinker, it blinks rapidly (ya know the usual oh a bulb must be out sign). Nope, everything works great and all fuses are in tact. The only thing going on is the blinker indicator being rapid. The left blinker indicator works just fine. I am guessing it is the plug & play for the right side trailer wiring as when I plug the original back in the problem goes away. Does anyone know if it is possible to order just the plug & play trailer wiring for the right side? I really don’t want to spend the $90 for a whole new kit for one issue. Or if anyone has had the same issue, what they did to solve it.

IMG_3869.jpeg
Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
CURT ; Phone: (877) 287-8634 ; Product Support: EXT. 2 ; Customer Service: EXT. 3.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just installed the curt trailer wiring harness into my Bronco last Wednesday and everything works great except for one issue. When I hit on the right blinker, it blinks rapidly (ya know the usual oh a bulb must be out sign). Nope, everything works great and all fuses are in tact. The only thing going on is the blinker indicator being rapid. The left blinker indicator works just fine. I am guessing it is the plug & play for the right side trailer wiring as when I plug the original back in the problem goes away. Does anyone know if it is possible to order just the plug & play trailer wiring for the right side? I really don’t want to spend the $90 for a whole new kit for one issue. Or if anyone has had the same issue, what they did to solve it.

Ford Bronco Curt Trailer Wiring Rapid Blinker Issue IMG_3869
I did not have any hiccups when I installed so not sure. Can I ask a probably dumb question? I assume you grounded it to a good metal spot? Assuming yes then I would agree with @sgraing1 and just call them.
Sorry I can't be more help.

OP
OP
psbronco

psbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did not have any hiccups when I installed so not sure. Can I ask a probably dumb question? I assume you grounded it to a good metal spot? Assuming yes then I would agree with @sgraing1 and just call them.
Sorry I can't be more help.
Not a dumb question at all! Some people do think it can just go right on a painted metal surface. But, no I did sand down a spot on the frame to ground so it should be a good ground. I will definitely give the CURT line a call like @sgraing1 suggested! Knew I could count on getting sent in the right direction through here!

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which part # Curt harness did you buy and what model/trim is your Bronco? There are 2 different harnesses for the LED and non LED taillights. I have a base with the non LED and had no problems with the harness.

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my case, the bolt had a galvanized coating which was not conductive. After scraping the coating off the bolt with a razor, rapid blinking went away for good. It sounds like you already sanded the frame to bare metal, so it may be a different issue.
Sponsored