Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you have the magic box then run out there and plug it in and report back. Be interesting to see if your worse case scenario comes true.
If I have some spare time tomorrow I’ll do it and report back. I’m backlogged 2-3 months with transmission work though, so my wipers are the least of my concern currently lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought I had followed allow on the whole wiper saga. Maybe I missed that part.

Windshield Wiper Motor

The windshield wiper motor is a smart motor that receives mode requests from the SCCM through a LIN . The windshield wiper motor continuously monitors the wiper/washer switch inputs from the SCCM when the ignition is on. Based on the wiper/washer switch inputs from the SCCM , the windshield wiper motors activates to achieve the requested mode.

The windshield wiper motor may have the ability to reduce wiper speed if it detects higher than expected physical resistance on the motor caused by a dry windshield or physical obstructions such as ice or binding wiper linkages. When this occurs, the SCCMPID values will remain unchanged. Clearing the obstructions or wetting the windshield and switching the SCCM OFF then ON again, will reset this condition.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I have some spare time tomorrow I’ll do it and report back. I’m backlogged 2-3 months with transmission work though, so my wipers are the least of my concern currently lol
Unfortunately in Oregon wipers are a critical safety item.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unfortunately in Oregon wipers are a critical safety item.
Well I would agree that they are everywhere, especially out there. And if mine actually had this concern then I’d be more inclined to get it done sooner than later, but they’ve always been fine.

Sponsored

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My nozzles spray all over the place. I get overspray on my side mirrors. Does anyone know to adjust the nozzles? I stuck a needle in one of the slots but couldn’t make it go anywhere 🤔

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FINALLY!!

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good. I’m glad this has finally been recognized. Oddly enough my wipers have not presented this behavior recently. Hopefully this flash work well for you guys.

P.S. - I got locked out of my B6G account several months ago. Apparently that fixed itself also this AM. Ha ha ha.

cheers.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My nozzles spray all over the place. I get overspray on my side mirrors. Does anyone know to adjust the nozzles? I stuck a needle in one of the slots but couldn’t make it go anywhere 🤔
I recommend you start a new thread with this issue.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Phoenix... I think I've used the wipers twice ever lol.
edit: not an OTA update... so will the dealers issue a recall notice or do we have to just request the update at the dealer?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I live in Phoenix... I think I've used the wipers twice ever lol.
edit: not an OTA update... so will the dealers issue a recall notice or do we have to just request the update at the dealer?
Ford will be sending letters to owners. Dealerships can also already see affected vehicles and should be performing the update.

Reactions: 0ne

eurofocus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a real issue, having been caught in many crazy downpours with the wipers slowing down at their discretion has been annoying. I've since kept up with rainx treatments and that has been my solution so far. Seeing that Ford is addressing this as an actual issue is a relief.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

.3? They can kiss my ass.

Remove lower steering shroud, update wiper motor software with flash box, reassemble shrouds, and use FDRS to clear codes 23B35C 0.3 Hours
it take me longer than that just to get FDRS functionality working right...ROFL

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am still confused on the why Ford found it necessary to seriously over complicate something that for decades has been probably one of the most reliable features on an automobile.

What is wrong with a simple motor wired to stalk switch with delay, on and high settings...and I guess there would have to be an auto-senseing mode too for the masses who find it to hard to flip on the wipers manually when it starts raining.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got my bronco in early Feb of this year, noticed the delay wiper bug when it rained. The next time I washed the vehicle I had the wipers sprung in the up position for a couple hours while I cleaned everything. Hasn’t messed up since. Seems like the springs were too tight and leaving the wiper springs stretched for a couple hours in the sun loosened the springs just enough to get them to work correctly. If I remember a few other forum members had the same success, anyone else?
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: 0ne