Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, just got the software update for the wipers and new plastic clips for the seatbelt done through mobile service. It's the way to go if you're close enough!
More preemptive since I haven't had to drive through much heavy rain yet and didn't experience any issues with 'em so far. We get heavy rain down here so staying ahead of the game.
Didn't take but less than 30 minutes for the service tech. Here's a photo of the box doing it's deal:
Ford Bronco Customer Satisfaction Program 23B35 -- 2021-2023 Bronco windshield wiper motor software update 1000009726

P.S. I have Forscan updates that were not affected like double honk turned off, tow package added and modded myself like stock, etc.

Last edited:

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey, just got the software update for the wipers and new plastic clips for the seatbelt done through mobile service. It's the way to go if you're close enough!
More preemptive since I haven't had to drive through much heavy rain yet and didn't experience any issues with 'em so far. We get heavy rain down here so staying ahead of the game.
Didn't take but less than 30 minutes for the service tech. Here's a photo of the box doing it's deal:
Ford Bronco Customer Satisfaction Program 23B35 -- 2021-2023 Bronco windshield wiper motor software update 1000009726

P.S. I have Forscan updates that were not affected like double honk turned off, tow package added and modded myself like stock, etc.
Yes, they came out to me and did the update also. That's 1 point for Ford.

Spyder625

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caddy V
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
is that rust already on the crossmember?

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

is that rust already on the crossmember?
Normal, it's untreated metal. That bracket will have surface rust on almost every Bronco. Just like multiple other surfaces in the interior.

Sponsored

Spyder625

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caddy V
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
geez.... i gotta check mine and recoat if so that would drive me nuts if i had that

jcpyromechanic

Wildtrak
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, I noticed the rust already on that plate of mine too. It probably didn't help when I had that piece out during the evening when I was installing the extra wires and brake controller for the trailer package like stock parts. I plan on sanding that down and coating it with something rust resistant next time I'm in there myself ;-) Didn't have near enough time to put even a quick spray paint coat on during the service repair visit. Only seemed like a few seconds, less than a minute, for the software to load and the service guy was back to putting everything together again.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jesse,
I'm hoping you'll update this thread when you've had the chance to drive in the rain. I'm scheduled for the update in February, the soonest my dealer could get me in...... TIA!

jcpyromechanic

Wildtrak
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jesse,
I'm hoping you'll update this thread when you've had the chance to drive in the rain. I'm scheduled for the update in February, the soonest my dealer could get me in...... TIA!
Howdy, I drove from Houston to Boerne on Friday and hit some descent rain along the way. Wipers worked great and had them on steady for awhile without any noticeable slow down delay (I think that was the issue before the software update). I didn't have to use max speed but seems like they are good to go, fyi.
I used the online chat to schedule my mobile service and may have gotten better engagement that way. I think there is more corporate oversight/digital paper trail and customer survey follow up via online chat requests, which gets more attention than contacting the service department directly being a non customer billable warranty type request and all ;-)

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How are y'all scheduling the update. Are you just mentioning the wiper update or referencing "Customer Satisfaction Program 23B35"? Thx

Sponsored

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are y'all scheduling the update. Are you just mentioning the wiper update or referencing "Customer Satisfaction Program 23B35"? Thx
@Arokcrwlr I scheduled my service online with my local dealership. I did reference the CSP though so they’d be aware of it…..

jcpyromechanic

Wildtrak
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a recall message on my Ford Pass app for both the seat belt and windshield wiper update when I checked after reading this forum post.
Went to see if I could take a screen shot of the details for ya, but the screen refreshed when I went to the service tab and the recall button disappeared quickly since I got it done apparently. I forget if I used my phone or laptop to schedule but referred to the details listed on the app that matched what the OP described.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wouldn’t this only affect those with rain sensing feature? Which packagages? Mid+?

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wouldn’t this only affect those with rain sensing feature? Which packagages? Mid+?
No full size bronco has rain sensing wipers.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond