Sponsored

D-DAY is March 19th is FRIDAY. Who Else is Procrastinating?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aw, man, doesn't that make me basically a nobody?
I could never keep them straight. Wasn't Harry's future wife in Hufflepuff? Or wait, the first head of Hogwarts?
Sponsored

jaiuppa

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr CG Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can relate....put the order in. The choices your deciding on can be changed until build and or added after the fact as others have said

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Something to consider, you may have made an emotional decision on reveal night and the reason you're struggling is because you, on some level, know that it's not the right choice for you.

I'm not saying you can't afford the purchase, but just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

Considering that you have some home construction that is already in the planning phase and you said it yourself, you LOVE your Mustang and it's paid off, maybe you should just hold off on the purchase.

The Bronco isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. Just judging by your replies in this thread and what you have on your plate already, if you were my kid coming to me with this I'd tell you the same thing I would tell him.

Wait. Don't make a financial decision based on a previously emotional one.

You've got a Mustang that's paid off, that's one less payment to worry about for the time being. Plus time will give you the benefits of both saving money and the used market will open up.
And you'll have one less thing to worry about while remodeling. Especially if something goes sideways during the work, having the extra equity can give you peace of mind.

Revisit the Bronco decision in a year or two when you love your Mustang a little less or have enough money saved up to just purchase a used Bronco outright.
Awesome advice. Thanks!
You are a island of rational thinking in an ocean of YOLO ("you only live once").

I am leaning towards:

1. Selling the Mustang (I also have an 11 year old car to daily drive)
2. Ordering the Bronco
3. Getting the kitchen done before the Bronco comes in (and paid for)
4. Then I can confirm that the finances will work

I really "HOPE" that the Bronco enables experiences like overloading travel that I have never done before. If it does, my plan is worth it.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ah makes sense. Yes looking at your use case, the Bronco can certainly replace your Mustang. But I think you're emotionally tied to your 'not-old-at-all' Mustang. And if the Bronco in the real world has any headaches arise, say with taking the top off... that's where you'll begin to miss the ease of use your Mustang had converting to the open air experience.

Put it this way. Unless you're 75 years old or something, this likely won't be your final vehicle purchase....
Who knows what will come around in 7, 8 years from now that catches your eye all over again
All good points and I like the idea of dreaming about the future too. I think I can live with taking those top panels off and maybe adding a soft top someday.

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm waiting until the very last minute. Hoping I can be last on the list.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you don't have plans for any accessories, I say use your FordPass points unless you'd really like the rack right away. You may need to wait a little bit to order it separately. You might even be able to get it slightly cheaper through the Ford dealers that discount accessories online. Worst-case, you won't get the slight discount your dealer may be offering (mine is 6%).

I don't expect the rack to hold up production, but if it did, you'd have the option to nix it from your order to prevent the delay.

The factory sound-deadening headliner has a more finished look. In theory, there will be after-market options, but if how they are on Wranglers is any indication, they will definitely look DIY. :) This is one thing I'm getting because there's no way to add this later and the unknown in the after-market is too much of a gamble for me.

No need to upsell yourself on any accessories. My dealer left off the bimini canvas top on my order because he said it could be ordered separately, and I don't have to deal with shoving it the back of the bronco. So I say hold off on anything you can get just the same way as an accessory.

You didn't say what kind of Mustang, so I can't help you there. 😄 If your kitchen is harvest gold or avocado green and you can't get the Bronco and do the kitchen and a HELOC is out of the question, you're going to have to make some hard choices. :LOL:

1. Mustang is a 2016 V6 Convertible Manual Transmission with an LSD and a racing stripe.

2. Avocado Green was my refrigerator color growing up! It is "only" 20 year old, not that old.

Fun fact: they renamed Avocado Green, Wasabi. Apparently, hipsters like that new name. It is the same color! Just don't eat Wasabi thinking it is Avocado, though.

ilkhan

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was set on getting a Base Bronco, 2-Door, Manual Transmission, Anti-Matter Blue with the switches (see pictures). I got my reservation the night of the reveal.

I am treating this deadline like Tax Day (April 15th) because I wonder:

1. Should I get the roof rack in my order, or wait, so I can use FP Rewards Points on it? Also, maybe they don't have the roof racks ready for my build (which may delay the build)? Will roof racks be more expensive as an accessory later?
2. Should I get the sound deadening headliner on the hard top for $500? That seems expensive. Should I do it on my own? That seems like a pain to figure out.
3. Am I too cheap to get anything else? Should I do B&P a bit more and "upsell myself" on something else? What would that be?
4. Will I be able to give up my 2016 Mustang that I love and paid off? Can I keep it? What about the re-doing the kitchen? Where will the money come from for all this?

Any advice would be appreciated, and if you are procrastinating, please let me know why, so I know that I am not alone.
4: if it's a GT and it's paid off keep it. I miss mine.

Edit: lol it's a 6. Still keep it.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't decide if I should Sas my Badlands. Damnit.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shouldn't the Bronco, in theory, be a better road-trip vehicle than the 4Runner? I've never owned a 4Runner, but my brother owned a Tacoma for a few years recently and he found it quite unpleasant for on-pavement use.
Maybe. Guess we will find out. I have a TRD Pro and the suspension and tires are pretty plush on the road. The moonroof is nice too. Mine has adaptive cruise control which is great for those long highway trips. I have done the same route in two days in a Porsche 911 and the ride is a lot rougher in the 911, but more fun going up and over the passes with radar detector and waze running:)

Sponsored

MedicJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just received this email from Ford for my 2nd reservation. I already have an order in for reservation #1. Just letting reservation #2 sit around.

It’s time to order.

To say we’re excited would be an understatement. Like you, we CAN’T WAIT to see Bronco™ SUVs hitting the trails soon. If you haven’t already placed your order, please contact your dealer to convert your Bronco Badlands 2 Door reservation into an order soon. Don’t wait! To secure your estimated delivery window in May, your order must be finalized by Ma‍rch 1‍9.​

What if you do not get an email from Ford? I have been trying to contact the dealer and no response back. It is getting very frustrating that no correspondence back from either Ford or the dealer. Any suggestions?

Cbr954

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not really procrastinating, but I CAN'T order my Bronco because I am wanting a manual sasquatch.

My dealer had sent me an email asking for my build but when I told him what I wanted he said no problem, 2022 it is.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can't decide if I should Sas my Badlands. Damnit.
My Bronco will see plenty of dirt roads and a few rough ones, but almost-certainly nothing that would merit the features included in that package. It looks cool, but $4k is not an insignificant amount of money.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Personally, i wouldn’t get any accessory, you can buy after. What if that’s the thing that holds up your build. There will always be a rack available. Who makes this one? Yakima? It won’t be any less or more after And probably available wherever those rack systems are sold. Also, there will be knocks a 10th of the price. as for the sound deadening. I’d see how loud it is first and I’d want to see if it’s worth it first

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco will see plenty of dirt roads and a few rough ones, but almost-certainly nothing that would merit the features included in that package. It looks cool, but $4k is not an insignificant amount of money.
Totally agree. Which model/options are you getting?
Sponsored