First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Goodyear no longer calls any of their tires 'mud tires', they list both the A/T and M/S designations under something they market as "Maximum Traction" tires (the fine print states maximum traction off road). So they are still looking like hybrid mud tires, with the attendant properties, just with a bold new name!

'Maximum Traction' is marketing, pure and simple. Ford calls them mud tires, The look like hybrid mud tires, the manufacturer labels them as M/T which the entire world knows as mud tires, but their marketing department has decreed that they don't make mud tires, they list all off road tires as 'all terrain' tires and then add the A/T or M/T as before (for funsies I guess).

Short version; Goodyear says all off road tires they make are "Maximum Traction' and what used to be called mud tires (with an M/T still in the name) are now 'All Terrain' tires, also A/T in the name means 'All Terrain'.

There is no designation by Ford (of which I am aware) or Goodyear calling them 'Multi-Terrain'. Per Goodyear all off road tires are Maximum traction all terrain tires. A rose by any other name...
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand they are multi-terrains not mud. I consider the KO2s a superior tire and Ford already puts them on Raptors.
Consider them superior to what?

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How often and what price do they require rotation?
Tell you the truth, I couldn’t tell ya, I was just joking. I have run 33’s on my FJ for 13 years, they seem plenty y big to me.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Damn 35s are big Bronco Moab1

Moab testing with 33s

Last edited:

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For anyone who has never had 35s and has doubts from these threads, but you want them for the bronco, I want to share my experience upgrading to 35s.

I added them to my f150 after getting a 2 inch level about 4 years ago. I'm sure I've lost some acceleration, braking, lost some fuel efficiency, added noise, etc. based on physics but haven't noticed or been bothered by any of it. I did notice a louder noise (BFG KO2s) but not a bothersome noise. I think they look great. Getting in and out is no problem and no one has ever called me "tall". And on the occasions where I'm off road, they handle better.

There is no way I would buy a bronco with the opportunity to get the right geometry in the suspension, gearing, speedometer, warranty, and whatever other benefits of factory vs. aftermarket and not take it.

The only negative has been that they are expensive to replace.

There was a suggestion that people will regret having them and sell them to go smaller. I doubt it. But if it happens, I would love to save some money on my next set.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
KO2s are superior to the Territory? How do you know?

GEN1 raptors came with the KOs and they were horrific and most Raptor owners got rid of them. I will admit the KO2s were improved but there are still better choices out there.

The KOs have been around for a long time with no compettitors and thus many think they are the best.

I bet the GEN3 Raptor with come with the GY Territory.

I understand they are multi-terrains not mud. I consider the KO2s a superior tire and Ford already puts them on Raptors.

Last edited:

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After watching the Bronco Nation video, "conquering the Hell's Challenge Trail in Moab", I decided that the Sasquatch is not needed. They used a variety of Bronco's, some with squatch, some without and they all appeared to do equally the same. Reality is that (in the video) the 35's don't even stand out aesthetically when you see them along side a bronco with 32's. Didn't appear to be any noticeable or absolute differences even though I am certain the purists in the group would disagree.
My personal viewpoint is the 32's on many of the Bronco versions provide a good balance for daily driving and getting off road reliably. I also believe the smarter bet for a broader audience is to order the lockers if you have any desire to go off roading. Anyway, after viewing that video I feel more confident in finalizing the configuration I'll order and it won't include Sasquatch.
Now, if only they would allow me to place an order.....

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My off road rig. Broke the front struts, dented up the oil pan and lost 3 front tires “off roading” over the years.
33’s will be just fine ✌?
Did you lift it?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco Moab1.gif

Moab testing with 33s
This perfectly proves the point that 33s are unacceptable.

I've been watching this for the better part of 15 minutes and he's *still* not over that obstacle.

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This perfectly proves the point that 33s are unacceptable.

I've been watching this for the better parts of 15 minutes and he's *still* not over that obstacle.
For some unknown reason, he keeps backing up and trying over.

Sponsored

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's an expression for the huge tire/huge lift people. We say they are suffering from TDS. :LOL:

Most of those trucks look like they've never seen a minute off-road. And they call the soccer moms posers! :ROFLMAO:
Down here I see brodozers everywhere. Many of them even have lights on the wheel wells to show off the suspension. As John Oliver would say: cool.

At least they aren't some Japanese four bangers with fart cans I guess. I see (hear) lots of those too.

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Down here I see brodozers everywhere. Many of them even have lights on the wheel wells to show off the suspension. As John Oliver would say: cool.

At least they aren't some Japanese four bangers with fart cans I guess. I see (hear) lots of those too.
Actually a fair amount of folks that have the rock lights in the fender wells use them for night time trail riding/rock climbing. (Yes, that's really a thing)

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
35s are too big? This forum over analyzes everything. Difference between 33s and 35s is minimal. I’d opt for 37s from factory if they were available. Here’s my EB on 40s and I have zero regrets.

Kudos to you, But damn, that is definitely not for me. Does not tickle me in any good way whatsoever. Actually tickles me wrong.

Anyone thinks this looks cool?

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the same boat :) I have a question about ground clearance. Do I understand right BL 33 VS SAS 35 is just about a 10 mm difference? Or not?
Sponsored