JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I got the 6ft extension usb c cable. It's just long enough to go from the cam across the top of the windshield and down the A pillar to the bottom of the dash. I connected the cable from the Redtiger 12v adapter to that cable.

I also tried a USB A cable from the port on the dash and it will power up the dash cam. But it sticks out like sore thumb. So I opted for the
12v adapter instead.

Here's a pic of how it looks. I'm really liking using it as a rear view camera.

Ford Bronco Dash USB port for Dash Cam? 1000004686

OP
OP
JerryC

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got the 6ft extension usb c cable. It's just long enough to go from the cam across the top of the windshield and down the A pillar to the bottom of the dash. I connected the cable from the Redtiger 12v adapter to that cable.

I also tried a USB A cable from the port on the dash and it will power up the dash cam. But it sticks out like sore thumb. So I opted for the
12v adapter instead.

Here's a pic of how it looks. I'm really liking using it as a rear view camera.

1000004686.jpg
Do you have a link for the adapter?

I hate that the 12v is in the center console, I'm having the same issue. Would be a pain to have to plug in there.

Ideally, I would like to hook it to an aux switch so I could control power better, but I don't know how to merge the 12v line to the aux wires

https://a.co/d/fTmFAnC WOLFBOX USB C Hardwire Kit OBD,Hard Wire Car Charger Cable Kit 12V- 24V to 5V for Dash Cameras with Battery Drain Protection,Suitable for Type-C G840S/G930/G910/G840H/G850/G900/i07 Mirror Dash Cam

maybe this, but my concern is battery drain

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
JerryC

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you have a link for the adapter?

I hate that the 12v is in the center console, I'm having the same issue. Would be a pain to have to plug in there.

Ideally, I would like to hook it to an aux switch so I could control power better, but I don't know how to merge the 12v line to the aux wires

https://a.co/d/fTmFAnC WOLFBOX USB C Hardwire Kit OBD,Hard Wire Car Charger Cable Kit 12V- 24V to 5V for Dash Cameras with Battery Drain Protection,Suitable for Type-C G840S/G930/G910/G840H/G850/G900/i07 Mirror Dash Cam

maybe this, but my concern is battery drain
The 12v adapter I mentioned came with the dash cam.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend