Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Filed claim with safelite online. Scheduled for next Tuesday replacement. Didn't mention not being in stock. Hopefully they don't mess anything up. Major bummer.
Just some friendly advice, I would call them and talk to someone. Those windshields have to be calibrated and that is usually a dealer thing. Not saying Safelite and other glass repair businesses can't do it, but just be sure they have the glass.
Sponsored

OP
OP
62chad

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d be curious as to if their lead time is correct. I asked (safelite) when I got my crack filled and got a “6-8 months” timefeame for a complete windshield.
Originally had it scheduled for repair cause it was just the bullet spot. But when I woke up this morning the 2 cracks developed. So I figured it was beyond repair.
Maybe they're prepared now 🤷‍♂️. The quote mentioned calibrating the sensors.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks! Sorry it happened to you. I wonder if anyone has those windshields in stock?
The Bronco windshield is OEM only. No vendors have them. In addition, all of the safety features need to be recalibrated upon install.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must have been extremely lucky in the past, I owned a jeep for seven years and only once in all that time did I get a chip, which of course immediately developed in to a crack, but only once. Knock on wood.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I must have been extremely lucky in the past, I owned a jeep for seven years and only once in all that time did I get a chip, which of course immediately developed in to a crack, but only once. Knock on wood.
Funny how these things work.

I used to work in the oil field. I had a truck on site with a big crack in the windshield so I drove into town which is about 90 minutes away to get a new one installed. On the way back a semi on the dirt road picked up a baseball sized rock and destroyed the brand new windshield. After replacing that one I picked up a couple more chips in the next month though they were much smaller.

Knock on wood haven't chipped a windshield since. Where I live it's mostly gravel roads and the roads that are paved get sanded in the winter so chips are pretty common. So I'll knock on wood again. Ha.

Sponsored

dfresh73

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone on the forum who's used them for years said they do work. Considering getting one. Either that or I'll be going through 1-2 windshields a year. :\

Part #: VM2DZ16C900B
Thanks for the part number. I was planning on getting one and now I don't have to search for the number.

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel your pain, Happened to me with my 2018 Rubicon Recon on the way home from purchasing it, Tried to have a glass guy fill it, and the whole windshield cracked.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the part number. I was planning on getting one and now I don't have to search for the number.
I have one sitting in my basement along with the other mods, patiently waiting.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought one of those; sitting in my office as I await my Bronco. According to some members, it did make a noticeable difference on deflecting rocks and bugs over the windshield. Honestly, I like the look of it and if it helps, that's awesome. It won't prevent everything though.
can you send the link? I don't want to deal with this smashed windshield

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One thing I did right away is made sure windshield replacements are free through my auto insurance. I would suggest everyone check their coverage costs for windshield replacements with insurance. At the Off Roadeo the guy said they already replaced over 8 windshields and it was only after the first few weeks.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ugh that sucks. good news, i think a lot of ppl are stocking them already. My dealership got one in a day for a customer.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Filed claim with safelite online. Scheduled for next Tuesday replacement. Didn't mention not being in stock. Hopefully they don't mess anything up. Major bummer.
Make sure the repair company realizes it's a Bronco and not Bronco Sport. (On the off chance that's why they are able to fix so quick.)
Sponsored