First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got an email from my dealer, stating that due to a lack of part availability they are advising folks who have Hard Tops and the Tow packages to consider removing them to increase their probability for a build in May (July expected delivery). My build has both features.

I have a 7/14 timestamp, I know for a fact I am well within my dealer allotment at #14. The 13 order in front are FE and/or have the Lux package (I ordered High) which is also pushed out. I am quickly approaching the time where we need a 2nd vehicle for work, so my preference is to get my Bronco sooner than later.

My questions are:

1. How hard will it really be to install the electrical, wiper, motor, etc. for a future hard top (when available)? Anyone have a rough budget in mind?
2. Anyone else getting similar feedback from dealers?
3. Email made no mention of Sasquatch...is that no longer a long lead package?

Thank you all!
Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got an email from my dealer, stating that due to a lack of part availability they are advising folks who have Hard Tops and the Tow packages to consider removing them to increase their probability for a build in May (July expected delivery). My build has both features.

I have a 7/14 timestamp, I know for a fact I am well within my dealer allotment at #14. The 13 order in front are FE and/or have the Lux package (I ordered High) which is also pushed out. I am quickly approaching the time where we need a 2nd vehicle for work, so my preference is to get my Bronco sooner than later.

My questions are:

1. How hard will it really be to install the electrical, wiper, motor, etc. for a future hard top (when available)? Anyone have a rough budget in mind?

Thank you all!
Well, part of that is absolutely not true. No retail orders are getting built in May unless it is May 31. There have been others suggesting the soft top switch and/or the tow package removal, but that is for you to increase your chances of getting scheduled for July production.

Last edited:

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My questions are:

Thank you all!
Estavan pointed out its also a high shipping cost to send a hard top later. And, its also the turn stalk that wont have the controls and wiring. Whats a few more months? At this point, its more chips rham anything, no?

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
🤔 Looks like no 2drs will be in the next round of scheduling

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My questions are:

Thank you all!
BN recently released a video saying it's basically more difficult and costly to go the MIC route if you opted for the soft top from the factory. If your dead set on a MIC; I'd say hold your ground and wait. I would say if you have the sas; that is a bigger issue for parts availability than the MIC or High. I ordered the MIC & High pkg with a 7/14 res date and I have a build date. But if you have the sas that will likely be what will keep you from getting your Bronco sooner. Don't settle for the soft top if you don't want it.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BN recently released a video saying it's basically more difficult and costly to go the MIC route if you opted for the soft top from the factory. If your dead set on a MIC; I'd say hold your ground and wait. I would say if you have the sas; that is a bigger issue for parts availability than the MIC or High. I ordered the MIC & High pkg with a 7/14 res date and I have a build date. But if you have the sas that will likely be what will keep you from getting your Bronco sooner. Don't settle for the soft top if you don't want it.
Almost important to note things like this are a constraint - It's a limited supply trickling in. It's not a "not available for MY21" item.

IMO, stick with your original build. You'll potentially regret it later if you take something off, just to maybe get it a few weeks earlier.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree. Don't settle for anything. A few more months vs settling, I'll wait. Being the first kid on the block to have one would be cool, for a few months. I'm going to be living with it for years...

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There will be NO customer orders built in May, so either they’re stupid or lying.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish they would make a soft top available for the 2 door. Seems silly to not have that option. Personally I rather have a soft top over the hard top anyway.....

Sponsored

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My questions are:

Thank you all!
Heck no, if you’d wanted a soft top you would have ordered one. Get what you want, soft tops are ugly anyway.

GeotechDuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride SX AWD / 2003 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agree...wait for exactly what you want. It won't be that much longer.

OP
OP
Akula22

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree. Don't settle for anything. A few more months vs settling, I'll wait. Being the first kid on the block to have one would be cool, for a few months. I'm going to be living with it for years...
For once ego has nothing do with my debate. It increasingly appears like Oct/Nov is best case to receive the Bronco, which may severely inconvenience the family dynamic when my office is set to return to work and we only have one vehicle. Simply wish to avoid buying a gap vehicle for 2-3 months. #firstworldproblems