Sponsored

Are you switching to a soft top?

Are you switching to a soft top?

• I already have or will switch to a soft top

• No I don’t want to and will get a 22MY

• No I can’t (Already built, FE, 2D, WT…)

• I am canceling my reservation

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I actually just spoke with my dealer this morning and will be texting him shortly to confirm I’m switching. I need my car by end of this year. I’m also considering switching from AMB since it’s potentially going away to White but I might keep it for now and see what’s happens.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had thought about it, but with the todays info I'm sticking with the MIC. Reasoning is before today I had no idea if Ford was getting Webasto in line. But, it seems things are heading in the right direction now.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm farther down the line so a 22 was a given. BUT, if given the option today, I would switch...

Sponsored
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drove a Sasquatch soft top yesterday. Took it on the freeway at 80 and wind and tire noise were way less than expected. Quality was better than expected. Not a soft top guy and was kind of expecting not to like it. But I did like it… a lot. Definitely adds to fun factor. I switched.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drove a Sasquatch soft top yesterday. Took it on the freeway at 80 and wind and tire noise were way less than expected. Quality was better than expected. Not a soft top guy and was kind of expecting not to like it. But I did like it… a lot. Definitely adds to fun factor. I switched.
interesting

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gotta have a hard top, for my roof top tent. I'll wait for 22MY, 2-dr.

Sponsored

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove the soft top at Offroadeo and loved it. I made the switch the first day I could in the window that allowed for the hard top prep kit.

I was thinking that I might have a chance at a MY21 but if a bunch of people switch now I may get pushed back and possibly lose my AMB color too.

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I switched late yesterday afternoon after driving a Bronco with a soft-top...I knew the hard-top was going to be an issue but not to the scale it escalated to today. I will be happy with a soft-top and will save up while waiting for the dust to settle and buy a hard-top next year or a bit after.

I called the Bronco team number and after a hour wait I spoke to a rep and she said my "code number" is 103 and that I most likely should be a MY21 with the soft-top switch. My only concern are that I will get a VIN right before the new B&P goes live and see changes I would have wanted.

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I already have a VIN and a "build week" of 8/30 so they won't let me switch or else I would have. Now I see all the 8/30 soft toppers getting build dates knowing mine will be pushed to October at the earliest - which really sucks. @Ford Motor Company It would have been really nice if you had let scheduled VINs change to a soft top as now I will likely be waiting another 6 months or more to get my Bronco.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No option for holding out until MY23 for the MOD top?!

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove the soft top at Offroadeo and loved it. I made the switch the first day I could in the window that allowed for the hard top prep kit.

I was thinking that I might have a chance at a MY21 but if a bunch of people switch now I may get pushed back and possibly lose my AMB color too.
Ya, I'm kind of nervous so many are gonna switch, that it didn't matter that I already did...I'm 3 at my dealership of about 50 after the news today, but I know that can change plenty since so many might switch....
Sponsored