Sponsored

Are you switching to a soft top?

Are you switching to a soft top?

• I already have or will switch to a soft top

• No I don’t want to and will get a 22MY

• No I can’t (Already built, FE, 2D, WT…)

• I am canceling my reservation

Results are only viewable after voting.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched a few weeks ago and got my build week today.

I'd honestly rather have a soft top, but wasn't willing to get one without the hard top prep kit. Easy (and apparently correct) choice when that was offered.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched to Soft Top several months ago, and previewed once, but didn't schedule....now everyone is switching to Soft...I am sure I will get pushed WAAYYYYY back in line anyway with a 7/17 res.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Switched to 4 door and soft top in June and got picked up for my build week today. (y)

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I could probably stand one Michigan winter with a soft top, but two isn't happening. Also, unless Ford is offering some price guarantee on the hardtop I'm not risking it costing $2k at the parts counter.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HT and not switching; may be canceling all together with all the BS Ford has pulled with its customers and you can have this but not that, maybe you can have this later as an accessory - oh wait, now it’s been canceled all together.

I can’t help but think that the way Ford has handled the launch, speaks volumes about the quality of the entire vehicle.

Regardless of the behind the scenes issues, they’re still a mega-manufacturer with close to 100 years of experience that has had to deal with similar issues before and I find it a bit disappointing that they are blaming delays on their suppliers.

At the end of the day the buck stops with Ford and if they chose poorly when vetting and contracting suppliers, that is a reflection of poor management and bad decision making.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Drove a Sasquatch soft top yesterday. Took it on the freeway at 80 and wind and tire noise were way less than expected. Quality was better than expected. Not a soft top guy and was kind of expecting not to like it. But I did like it… a lot. Definitely adds to fun factor. I switched.
I drove a SASQ soft top the other day, it was my first test drive. Highest speed due to locale was 60 mph, but I was really surprised at the non-issue of tire and top wind noise. No drama what so ever. Very pleasantly surprised.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Switching to a soft top would increase my build price by almost $8000.
I'm not paying an extra 8 grand for two extra doors I don't want and a crappy soft top.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I could probably stand one Michigan winter with a soft top, but two isn't happening. Also, unless Ford is offering some price guarantee on the hardtop I'm not risking it costing $2k at the parts counter.
Definitely don’t switch if you think $2k is high. That’s the price of the soft top at the parts counter. Hardtops will be much more.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All Ford is going to do with this is create a soft top shortage and no Broncos will get built.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made the switch when they announced the "prep kit" a couple weeks ago, got my VIN and build week of 8/30 today in the morning. DORA says soft top with prep kit, so even if they build it on Aug 30 or 31 I'll get that. So for me it worked. BL, 2.7, squatch, Lux, tow. Night one res. I fully expect that build date to move around a bit, but at least I can be pretty sure I'll get it this year, hopefully just in time for the nice October weather we get here, already making road trip plans to some trails I just found out about :) And I won't be bothered by "wrinkly" windows for a second. Just saw a Wrangler soft top today that looked way worse than anything Bronco I've seen, still was a great rig and I'm sure the owner enjoys the ease of just throwing it open and riding in the sun.

Good luck to all!

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All Ford is going to do with this is create a soft top shortage and no Broncos will get built.
You might think they figured that out at least…
Sponsored