Sponsored

Are you switching your trim if forced to MY2023?

Rbuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is anyone else planning to order a different trim if forced to MY2023? I think I am going to go from Big Bend Sas to Black Diamond Sas.
Sponsored

4dtrkman

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am considering going from BaseSquatch to a Black Diamond. SAS seems to be a big constraint and honestly don’t think I would really need a front locker. I’ve gotten by for 40 years without one.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just realize if you switch trims youse lose price protection, probably about a 3-4K hit.
Anyone who reserved after March 19 2021 didn't get any model year price protection. I would not expect anyone bumped to 2023 to get price protection either, unless they hit the magical/mystical/utterly-arbitrary date of 19 March 2021.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone who reserved after March 19 2021 didn't get any model year price protection. I would not expect anyone bumped to 2023 to get price protection either, unless they hit the magical/mystical/utterly-arbitrary date of 19 March 2021.
job 2 was $2000 increase for my build (i didnt change it) so hopefull i get that back
Ford Bronco Are you switching your trim if forced to MY2023? AA88A95C-0D1B-4946-A135-AC0BD33B9B80

Sponsored

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They received standard retail order price protection.

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just realize if you switch trims youse lose price protection, probably about a 3-4K hit.
I switched trims from 21 to 22 and kept my price protection. You just get the price protection associated with your original trim and door count.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I switched trims from 21 to 22 and kept my price protection. You just get the price protection associated with your original trim and door count.
Any trim switch made after 3/7/2022 will eliminate price protection.

From Ford’s FAQ

changing your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, may result in increased vehicle prices. See below for more detail.

What qualifies as a series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system change?

An example of a series change would be going from Badlands™ to Big Bend™. An equipment package refers to base, mid, high, or lux package. A door change would mean going from a four-door to two-door and vice versa. A 4x4 system change means changing the standard 4x4 system to or from the advanced 4x4 system.

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From Ford’s FAQ

changing your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, may result in increased vehicle prices. See below for more detail.

What qualifies as a series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system change?

An example of a series change would be going from Badlands™ to Big Bend™. An equipment package refers to base, mid, high, or lux package. A door change would mean going from a four-door to two-door and vice versa. A 4x4 system change means changing the standard 4x4 system to or from the advanced 4x4 system.
That's an increase in the actual price. That's always been the case. Price Protection is a discount applied at the end.

I went from a Black Diamond to a Badlands and the price increased by like $15k, but I got $925 off the price because that was the increase in price of the Black Diamond from 21 to 22

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From Ford’s FAQ

So how is it redeemed?

Sponsored

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Search and find the Granger mid-march update or the definitive price protection guide. Has all the good details

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
They received standard retail order price protection.
That is correct.

They got standard retail order price protection, which applies to ALL Ford products that receive a mid-year price increase between order and delivery.

It does not apply across model years. So if you Reserved on March 20th instead of the 19th, you paid an extra $800. (assuming it's even built yet).

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is correct.

They got standard retail order price protection, which applies to ALL Ford products that receive a mid-year price increase between order and delivery.

It does not apply across model years. So if you Reserved on March 20th instead of the 19th, you paid an extra $800. (assuming it's even built yet).
Unless Ford has changed the process, a process that begun long before the Bronco came back, your price is protected at time of order.

Heck, Ford even gave me my 21 to 22 certificate $ for one of my reservations from October of 2020 for my December 21 order with a completely separate dealer.

Beastie

Badlands
First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone else planning to order a different trim if forced to MY2023? I think I am going to go from Big Bend Sas to Black Diamond Sas.
I’m probably moving from an outer banks to a badlands.
Sponsored