Sponsored

Dealer is ignoring me when I said to cancel order?

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn’t that encourage them to continue to with this behavior though?
From what I've learned about almost all Ford dealers since 7/13/20, even the two local ones that I thought were good ones and have dealt with before, they're not worried much about behavior, repercussions or reputation in the least lol. You(we) don't matter to them when it's all said and done, no matter what they say directly to your face or over the phone or email. If I ever get a vin, if it ever gets built, if it ever gets delivered, this will be my last new vehicle ever. Took all my might to order a new one as it was, I've been very fond of buying 2-3yo vehicles, even more so now lol.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesn’t that encourage them to continue to with this behavior though?
They are going to do it whether they are encouraged or not. Ford backed out of the reservations before dealer stock guarantee anyway, so even if they do cancel your order, they'll just get another softtop stock unit to charge ADM on. Doesn't really matter one way or the other. Allocation is allocation and constraints are constraints.

Why they are not willing to cancel the order when they are just going to get another one anyway? Well, when's the last time you met a car salesman who really knew how the system worked? I've learned more about buying and selling cars from enthusiast forums like this than I ever did from my 5 years of selling cars. Dealers keep employees in the dark because it's better for business.

Inrustwetrust_

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer has given me a hard time from the start and with all the issues with the hard tops I’ve decided to cancel my order and wait a few years. My reservation was converted to a 2022 order so I can’t cancel online. Dealer is ignoring my calls and emails because I’m assuming they want to keep the order for themselves. Called the corporate customer service line and they are saying my dealer needs to cancel the order and they can’t help me… Anyone have any advice on what to do?

The only way i was able to get the dealer to concel my hijacked order was to call the sales manager with the ford rep on the line and had the rep tell the manager to cancel the order while she was on the phone.

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're just telling you what they think you want to hear to get you off the phone. They don't care.

troewe

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer backed out of written deal twice, refused to give me a purchase agreement, and have just been difficult to do business with. They actually told me “we hope people decide not to purchase the cars when they arrive”. So they can bite me as far as I’m concerned lol.

I think some of you are giving dealerships too much credit. Customer service line called the dealership for me and they are canceling the order.
How are you getting customer care to do anything. I’ve spent 7 hours on the phone waiting on hold and I’ve gotten no where on my reservation being converted to an order by Auffenberg Ford without my consent.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer has given me a hard time from the start and with all the issues with the hard tops I’ve decided to cancel my order and wait a few years. My reservation was converted to a 2022 order so I can’t cancel online. Dealer is ignoring my calls and emails because I’m assuming they want to keep the order for themselves. Called the corporate customer service line and they are saying my dealer needs to cancel the order and they can’t help me… Anyone have any advice on what to do?
If there is a VIN, it goes to the dealer, no matter what.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y'all are might delusional if you think it's YOUR order. You don't have an order with Ford, your dealer does. They can do anything they want with it and if you want out you can get your reservation money and any deposit back and then go on your way. But to get all whiny about it is ignorant and petty.

OP
OP
First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
How are you getting customer care to do anything. I’ve spent 7 hours on the phone waiting on hold and I’ve gotten no where on my reservation being converted to an order by Auffenberg Ford without my consent.
Ive only had to wait for 30-45 minutes on hold. Not sure if that’s something customer care can help you with tho.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
If there is a VIN, it goes to the dealer, no matter what.
Definitely no VIN. March reservation with a ton of constants, I’d be surprised if it even gets built in 2022

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good job OP. Those of us still waiting appreciate you looking out for the rest of us. 👍🏻
Sponsored